UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolumbo

Kolumbo Just one more thing, sir...

2. PaddyOreally?

PaddyOreally? Well-Known Member

You'd think but what if it showed PR across the road watching her? They should be checking really. Imagine if his car was driving past an hour later with Libby in the passenger seat and they didn't know because they hadn't looked!

truthfinder34 and JosieJo like this.
  3. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

Maybe ? But different angles etc ? Whose to say they wouldn't spot someone watching her

PaddyOreally? likes this.
  4. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

To be fair there is a council camera opposite The Welly that I'm sure would have been checked. Probably HD quality too.

cherrytree9 and Amonet like this.
  5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If police have identified the various people on film, you would think they would say so for their own sake, as I imagine people calling in saying “what about the cyclist” etc...I know when I once worked a tip line, people called to say the most basic things, i.e maybe check their phones, or the spouse, etc...huge waste of time.

Gone Girl and Zazie like this.
  6. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

We don't know that they havnt already got adequate footage from other premises on there though.

The guy said himself he was away that weekend so by the time he's got back and looked the police could have collected all the footage they need from all the local businesses including the Welly.

I think it's a stretch to assume he was over the road watching her....especially if he was also driving past in his Astra ;)

The police know what they are doing...the fact they are not releasing cctv footage themselves and appealing for persons of interest to come forward makes me think they have all they could need and have identified anyone they needed to.

That guys been paid for that cctv more than likely and also got a nice photo of him advertising his business...I'm inclined to think the businesses that havnt felt the need to sell it newspapers are a bit more believable myself.

7. uksleuth999

uksleuth999 New Member

Yes

JosieJo likes this.
  8. Joolz1975

You don't think it's in their best interest to keep it to themselves if they have any evidence?

They owe us no explanation for anything they are doing.

The only people that need to know are Libbys family.

9. PaddyOreally?

I suppose. Just not having anything to charge him with, no crime scene, no body, I would have just thought they'd check everything.

10. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  11. Joolz1975

We don't know that they are not doing so, we have the words of some guy that has sold footage to a newspaper of somebody's drunk daughter stumbling to a pub.

How's that helping her family?

12. Sairzz

Sairzz Active Member

My son is at Hull uni and lives on campus, I messaged him the Sunday or Monday night and asked if he had heard any updates, he hadn't even heard that she had gone missing!!! He was going to go to Welly that night but ended up staying in, however alot would have so you think they would have sent an email or something out to students while it's still fresh in their minds what happened that night

13. MancGuy Uk

MancGuy Uk Well-Known Member

suppose that good in some way because if she did needed to escape from someone attacking her she would not have got far in heels

Zazie likes this.
  14. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Active Member

Chris, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine how dreadful it must have been for you and your family. xxx

sofieellis, Gone Girl and Amonet like this.
  15. Griffinlay

Griffinlay Well-Known Member

The Astra in the video goes past at normal road speed concurrent with the other vehicles filmed. If it was kerb crawling I could understand your concern but there is nothing sinister about it to my mind.

uksleuth999 and Zazie like this.
  16. Kolumbo

Kolumbo Just one more thing, sir...

Correct. :)

17. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

When he drives into that position he would have turned round to be pointing the right way to leave again , so the police will have more cctv footage of this car with spiderweb cctv

18. PaddyOreally?

Well if it was my daughter and I went to the bench she was last seen at and saw a CCTV camera at a shop down the road next to her last sighting and asked the police if they had seen her on there, and they said. . . Well we haven't checked yet, but don't worry, someone from itv might. I'd be concerned. And if I went to the Welly and and said . . . There's a CCTV camera there have you checked that, and they said . . . Well no, but someone from the papers might. I'd be concerned.

I'm not having a go at the police, I just would have thought they would check everything and don't see why this guy would lie about it

Gone Girl, JosieJo and MancGuy Uk like this.
  19. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder if currently occupied? I am formulating a new line of thought....

20. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Active Member

Yes an excellent suggestion. I have a ring doorbell and it captures a wide enough area just for movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.