UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

Yes. Russell Williams also targeted a woman who taught music on the military base. She survived, but all her sex toys were missing, her computer was tampered with, and he was in her house when she discovered this. Luckily, her male neighbor was with her so she stayed with him that night and survived.

sar2them1984 and jessie like this.
  2. PaddyOreally?

PaddyOreally? Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that. Maybe he said someone was staying at his house and that they must have been his. That could explain why the police were asking if anyone else lived in the house .

Officer Dibble, Stella8, otto and 2 others like this.
  3. sf18

sf18 Member

Oh gosh that’s aweful May he rest in peace if only he had let him on

Officer Dibble and Hatfield like this.
  4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Presumably the sister or his wife?

Officer Dibble and sf18 like this.
  5. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

Look at the timeline in post#5. Without all the specific timings, the order of events is: Libby is dropped home by taxi, walks off and is seen on the bench, approached by grey-haired man, leaves area around the time the car in the cctv drives away, screams heard by the neighbour. With Libby being seen on cctv at the bench for around 25 minutes, the only way she could have been in PR's car if he's not the one on the cctv is if she was in PR's car between the taxi drop-off and arriving at the bench.

6. audge86

audge86 Well-Known Member

I personally believe he only talked to his wife. I think his sister and mother are just saying what the wife told them.

It makes sense to me that it's the excuse that he told his wife when the police showed up at their door. She then filled his mom and sister in on what happened and what he said to her

7. sf18

sf18 Member

Oh that is just aweful poor woman hope she rests in peace that is a very sad story if only they had let her in at the end of the day they don’t really care but sometimes it can end up like that because they didn’t let her in. What were the chances her cab driver was a rapist and killer too that’s aweful she must have thought she would be safe and would get home safe and ended up complete opposite hope he got locked up.

Hatfield likes this.
  8. sf18

sf18 Member

I know they definitely need to start doing something, it’s so sad the only way this will stop happening is looking out for each other, however I was thinking even if the taxi driver had checked that she got in okay but these days taxi drivers won’t make sure u get in okay or help you in in that state as they don’t want to get accused of anything because of people that get falsely accused. really hope the pubs and clubs do more and learn from this.

Hatfield and otto like this.
  9. audge86

audge86 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if he was being pervy on Libby's street as she was stumbling home after sitting on the bench. He forced her into his car(scream heard by neighbor followed by the gate was him somehow incapacitating her). Then drove her to the park. More screaming followed as she woke up

Maybe she stumbled upon him being a creep and he panicked.

Could be wrong of course. But that makes the most sense to me.

10. sf18

sf18 Member

Yes maybe she threatened to tell someone something about him and he panicked

Officer Dibble likes this.
  11. Foxymona

Foxymona Well-Known Member

good morning everyone- hopefully they find Libby today- her poor family must be going through hell.

12. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

13. Sairzz

Sairzz Active Member

I can't seem to find what time the man with the grey hair stopped to check on the woman however we do know he was driving a Citroen, could this be the same citroen we see on the CCTV? Do the times match? If so I am wondering if the reason he stopped is maybe he saw PR pestering her and her crying and thats why he stopped to ask if she was ok, I'm wondering if he phoned the police and reported it?

Joolz1975 likes this.
  14. PeachUK

PeachUK Member

We only have this from one workmate
    Colleague Tadeusz Skibicki, 39, said: “When I heard the news it was a big shock.

“Pawel is a quiet, normal person. He has never been violent.”

Butcher quizzed by cops over disappearance of student Libby Squire

IHAVENOCLUE, otto and sf18 like this.
  15. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

16. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

OMG. I woke up with this on my head ! What do you think ?

Put yourself in drunk Libby’s situation, why wouldn’t she go in her house when taxi drops her off ?
    We thought possibly lost keys but think why else you wouldn’t go in ..... something scared her or didn’t feel right , is Libby’s house the bush one ? What if she went towards her front door and she saw something .... something like the door was slightly open , not enough to make her scream but enough to freak her out , she hurry’s away as fast as she can and stumbles a bit ( as seen by lads opposite ) (she might not have seen lads or thought they were the ones messing with her house) she’s trying to get away from house and goes to bench . She’s in a state , drunk , alone , no phone , no mates , she’s scared to go back to house etc , man stops as in a state but she doesn’t know what to say about house as it sounds odd that you just don’t think something is right .

To add to it to make this stronger , why was she a missing person so quickly, so very quickly ?
    Friends get in from club realise their house has been broken into and Libby not there , they phone police straight away , so it’s not just a burglary but someone who should be there isn’t ...... maybe even the girls go in their bedrooms and drawers are open and vibrator gone or other pervert stuff . (Think how many times police get calls saying my drunk mate isn’t home and I can’t get hold of them ,they don’t start a police hunt that quick as most of them are sleeping over with someone they met )

Police find his finger prints DNA there , he’s burgled the house , Libby can’t be found , so charge for abduction !

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Kasmeer, Hatfield, sundaaaay and 7 others like this.
  17. Zazie

Zazie Well-Known Member

Hatfield, otto, LucyRocket and 2 others like this.
  18. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

I can't make my mind up about this I'm constantly thinking things and then deciding I'm being stupid.

I think it's got to be him and Libby in the Howarth st cctv it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be the timings match perfectly with her not been seen after 12.09.

But then this Beresford rd sighting at 12.05 has thrown my thinking off course has she crossed over and then come back to the bench?

I do 100% think the police know who is the cigarette roller guy, who is the cyclist and who is in the other car driving off. I feel like they would have released the footage themselves and asked them to come forward if they didn't.

The cyclist I feel is just an innocent passer by on his/her way from work that probably saw nothing anyway, we don't know which way they turned so may not have even noticed Libby or may have even lived in one of those houses on there at the end.

But then if they have footage of the car a short time later that times in with him dropping Libby at home how does that work??

If he's abducted her my mind saysthe easiest way is to get her in the car and just drive off and subdue her somewhere...but maybe he's more warped than that and thinks he will let her think she's home safe then attack her? Sounds like he likes to do his pervy things were people should feel safe (in their homes).

Maybe he acted the gentleman and walked her to her door then overpowered her and she's screamed and he's hit her to shut her up and put her back in the car.

Mind whirring.

I do think they have the right guy though and I think they know a lot more than we expect they do.

I do anticipate a breakthrough sooner rather than later.

Hatfield, Tuvok, otto and 2 others like this.
  19. OrlandoJames

OrlandoJames Well-Known Member

The students who lived across the road and witnessed Libby arriving home in the taxi said that she didn't approach the house - she just got out of the taxi and wandered down the road. So it's likely that she either knew she didn't have her keys or just decided that she didn't want to be alone at home. If there was suspicious activity going on in the house, the students across the road would probably have witnessed it too, but there has been no mention of this at all by the police.

20. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

So now for the waiting

Foxymona likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.