UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

The Beresford Road 12:05 possible sighting was reported in the first couple of days.

We noticed soon after that all reference to it had been removed from the article and from the Facebook news post. We assumed this meant that sighting had been discredited.

Is 12:05 still mentioned in more recent articles?

2. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Yeh I wondered if grey hair guy is the same guy that pulls off in the car in that other cctv.

But then read he stopped quite a bit earlier 11.45ish.

Unless he hung around after? Picking up a takeaway? Nipping to Sainsbury before it closed?

Officer Dibble, otto and Sairzz like this.
  3. Joolz1975

I've only seen it mentioned on here and in a link to a newspaper report from earlier on in the investigation....so we can forget about that one then??

For me that for sure means the person getting in the car on cctv is Libby.

Officer Dibble, Tuvok, Amonet and 4 others like this.
  4. Foxymona

Foxymona Well-Known Member

How is it possible in this day and age with CCTV everywhere that a person can vanish from a city? I'm now torn again thinking this suspect is not the brightest as he was known to the police and the locals for being a creep- so if he did abduct Libby- how on earth he has managed to leave no trace of her whereabouts is unreal.

5. Foxymona

Foxymona Well-Known Member

You would think that if it wasn't you would have some report of it being cleared and someone leaking to the media that it was them.

6. Joolz1975

Yes definatly. I think if the police had not identified everyone in that footage we would have seen a direct appeal from them by now.

They have footage of the bench so will have seen exactly who approached LS.

Though I have seen reports it was just dashcam footage but then others have said it was a fixed camera.

I'm leaning towards fixes camera I think they have footage of the whole time she was sat there.

7. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

Can you tell any way if camera on bench is fixed or moving ?

8. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

I asked towards end of previous thread but it was late so only a few answered ;

Without looking at arrested mans car photos ( don’t look at them )
    Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?

9. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

'We’d like a man who got out of his car and helped Libby on Beverley Road near to Beresford Avenue around 11.45pm to get in touch with us.':

https://www-hulldailymail-co-uk.cdn...news/missing-libby-squire-search-find-2498869

otto and Sairzz like this.
  10. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Active Member

I think it's a 4 door but just because of the length, I can't really make out the doors.

Crazy Mama and Ched like this.
  11. OrlandoJames

OrlandoJames Well-Known Member

He did get in touch and, according to the police, was "very helpful".

Officer Dibble and sar2them1984 like this.
  12. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Active Member

So quite a few employees would have been headed home at that time. I wonder if those that drove have been questioned?

13. Joolz1975

Will do it now.

Ched likes this.
  14. Audiohoney

Audiohoney Active Member

I think Joolz is differentiating between fixed (cctv) and moving (dashcam) as opposed to a cctv camera that has the functionality to move.

Looking at some of the premises on that main road - betting shops / bars / takeouts etc - I would expect there to be plenty of cctv. I think others have highlighted council cameras and car park cameras monitoring the main road too.

I would be v surprised if the police haven’t got clear footage of that bench / who approached LS and which direction she walked or was led in. Unfortunately we’re having to work from what we’ve got which is annoyingly just the spider cam footage and that video from The Sun of the cars driving down the main road - which I’m not even sure is related.

On another note re the car from spider cam ... I’m saying 2 door.

Officer Dibble and Ched like this.
  15. Zazie

Zazie Well-Known Member

Just went back to look at the student witnesses again - I hadn't appreciated that both they and the taxi driver actively interact with Libby before she staggers off down the street.

"Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below 0C. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. “We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door. “She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”"

This makes me discount the idea that she saw PR lurking in or around her front door, and that's why she didn't go in. Even a very drunk incoherent person would at least gesture back in the direction of what had frightened them, if others were around and appeared helpful, surely?

She sounds to me more in that drunk state of being on a mission, concentrating on just putting one foot in front of the other, rather than fleeing a threat at this stage. And possibly too drunk even to focus on the door numbers and getting ashamed and confused.

I know this is old ground, just revisiting in light of theories around PR being in and around Wellesley St when she arrived.

16. Joolz1975

I honestly can't tell and wouldn't want to guess.

Ched likes this.
  17. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

Sorry Ched I've looked and looked but because of the obscurity, the position of parking, the low light and the speed of movement I just can't tell. With the shape of the rear I would say 4, but that's not a very informed choice

Crazy Mama and Ched like this.
  18. Deufin

Deufin Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere recently, and not by the police either, so I tend to think that they viewed some CCTV that discredited the sighting.

Or, given that it’s such a short distance, maybe she only entered the very top of Beresford Ave, so they’ve stopped referring to it as a separate sighting as it’s essentially the same place as the bench, to avoid confusion

CoverMeCagney likes this.
  19. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Active Member

I think that is is 4 doors as I couldn't see the rear wheel when parked. At 07:52 I tried 'measuring' the length and my opinion is the same.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Ched likes this.
  20. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below zero. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.
    She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

'...walking away from her front door' doesn't necessarily mean Libby had been up to it, the first part sounds like she moved straight off from the taxi. The 2 students and the taxi driver were all there and the former don't report her running.

Missing Libby Squire’s sobbing mum begs her ‘beautiful girl’ to make contact as police divers search river

otto, bos and Ched like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.