Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here know much about how underwater searches are conducted? what equipment they use etc?

Did they even search the river seriously?
They don't seem that focussed on it

Police in dinghies and waders searched the Drain early on:
Police search river in desperate hunt for missing student Libby

and boats 'scoured' the Hull in the park:
The streets, parks and waterways at the heart of search for Libby

They red-flagged and photographed the steps leading down to the Hull in the park, and forensics took samples by the riverside. However they don't seem to have dived the Hull - agree that the searches of the river seem more sporadic.
Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

"13:14
Pictures as divers search Oak Road pond"

0_libby-squire-police-divers-search-oak-road-pond.jpg

0_libby-squire-police-divers-search-oak-road-pond.jpg

Live as police divers search pond in missing Libby Squire case

First time posting however I’ve been reading all the posts over the last few days. Whilst I don’t really have a theory as such, I just don’t believe the guy who’s currenlty being remanded in custordy is the guy police should be focusing their efforts on. I don’t believe he killed her, and I don’t believe he knows where she is now. I worry that she may have ran off from him and has fell to her death in the river and if so, may never be found.

I find this case truly heartbreaking and mind blowing too. Hull police force definitely seem to be tiressly looking for Libby but I can’t help wonder if they’re looking in all of the wrong places.

I compare this case to the Becky Watts case which I followed closely and I remember how quickly updates were coming regarding information the police were gathering, where as here, we really aren’t being told much, allbeit maybe the police don’t have any information to tell us.

I donated to the crowdfunding page that has been set up for Libby’s parents as I honestly can’t begin to imagine how painful this time is for them, not really knowing what’s happening from one day to the next. I just hope their baby girl is bought home to them, alive and well.
May I ask why you don't think he is involved? No disrespect...just interested in reasoning, etc. Thanks

It very well could have been her trying to get up the river bank, what I find interesting is whether the guy spotted running away from the park was on foot running down the road. Surely PR’s car was parked in the car park and that wasn’t visible from any houses. Why would he run away from his car?

I honestly think it might be the red brick/ red roof house in the park carpark. It's way nearer than any other house and the back overlooks the pond area. Would be interesting to know whether the windows are visible through the trees.

(house is in the centre of this map) Google Maps

And he wouldn't necessarily have parked in the car park, he could have turned right for a few metres and parked in the lane from which you can get into the park.

(edited for length)
Wasn't there a bit about the running man not being dressed for the weather, or something like that? Can anyone find it?
Oh yes, here it is - hadn't seen full quote before. "Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness' father, whose house overlooks the fields, said: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window."He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent."He went on: "The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. “He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back.""
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

(NB I think Telegraph made a typo at "it sounded like he was moving", it should read, "it sounded like SHE was moving" - the son referring only to female screams in his own statement to press.)

Last edited:
What I see as the most likely scenario is PR offered LS a lift home at the bench, but when they got there she had no keys so no option but to wait in his car. After a while she told him she needed to pee/puke, so he brought her to Oak Roads Playing Fields which is realistically the closest place. The toilets were probably locked, so she went in some bushes. And this is when LS realised PR was not the Good Samaritan she thought he was and the screaming began. I find it hard to believe a vulnerable attractive girl gets picked up by someone with those allegations, and he doesn’t try to have sex with her.

May I ask why you don't think he is involved? No disrespect...just interested in reasoning, etc. Thanks

Honestly, I’m not even sure. Maybe just a gut feeling. I’m not disputing the sexual offences he’s been remanded in custody for, he most definitely sounds like a sexual sleeze bag that’s for sure and he may well have made sexual advances to LS which in return caused her to run away/fear for her life. But I just don’t get the impression he’s killed her or even knows where she is now. I have a strong feeling she fell into the river and if so, police may never find her.

I am really interested to know what leads the police may have though that is focussing their searches in the playing fields and pond?

Someone asked ?

Scuba divers scour the bottom of a body of water by hand, moving back and forth in straight lines—like mowing a lawn. Working in pairs, they hold onto a rope while sifting through a foot of silt, mud, trash, and foliage. As soon as the lead diver completes a section, the backup diver re-searches that area. It’s a thorough approach, and one that requires a lot of patience and concentration. It can take days or weeks to find that crucial object that can provide the missing piece in a puzzling crime.

image.jpg

A typical back-and-forth search pattern. (Im

Something a bit off about what Ps sister says to the MSM - she says he gave her (LS) a lift home and put her address into a satnav. So why would she accept a lift home when she clearly didn't want to go home (or couldn't get in the house) and only a few minutes before refused another offer? IF Libby did take a lift anywhere with P as has been theorised, then surely it would NOT have been home? You'd have thought maybe she would have asked to go back to the Welly or to another friends house?

Another thing - given the evidence of her self harm, it's possible she could have been on some medications (like antidepressants) which can interact with alcohol. Sometimes a drowsiness can kick in later on even if you feel fine when you've started drinking. Just a thought.

I’ve been wondering if this was the reason Libby went to the bench in the first place. I once had a friend who got drunk and upset one night and said “don’t let me go home alone, in this mood I’ll self harm for hours.”

Longshot. But just made the link in my memory. Maybe Libby was upset, lonely, knew she would self harm on her own and was trying to avoid it by moving to a public place. I feel like if she had been attacked or sensed someone at her house she would have accepted help from someone who offered. Libby is meant to be “intimidatingly intelligent” - I think even drunk she might have enough sense to alert someone to an intruder/ attacker.

What I see as the most likely scenario is PR offered LS a lift home at the bench, but when they got there she had no keys so no option but to wait in his car. After a while she told him she needed to pee/puke, so he brought her to Oak Roads Playing Fields which is realistically the closest place. The toilets were probably locked, so she went in some bushes. And this is when LS realised PR was not the Good Samaritan she thought he was and the screaming began. I find it hard to believe a vulnerable attractive girl gets picked up by someone with those allegations, and he doesn’t try to have sex with her.

Plausible but I don’t believe this scenario.

If English is not your first language a translator will be present to ensure that the accused can answer the charges and understand the proceedings. It's to avoid any procedural appeals based on a lack of understanding. It's not necessarily an indication of his ability to speak English.

Ah ok thanks, I didn’t know that. I still don’t think his English is great though as a neighbour said that he rarely spoke to him and his wife apart from once they asked for him to ring their landlord on their behalf as a fence panel had fallen down on the house they rent and their English “wasn’t up to it”.

I know this has been said previously and quite an in depth on twitter surrounding it, but Libby does appear to have very clear self harm marks on both her arms and legs. I’m wondering why this has never been mentioned by the police in regards to her state of mind. It seems like the police don’t for one second believe she may have caused herself some harm?

Oh yes, here it is - hadn't seen full quote before. "Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness' father, whose house overlooks the fields, said: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window."He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent."He went on: "The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. “He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back.""

Thank you, I hadn't seen that before either, I wonder what was meant by

“He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."

40 yards is barely far enough to run a couple of strides, is that a typo for 400 or does he mean the man was running backwards and forwards like sprint training? If the latter it's odd but not necessarily suspicious

I honestly think it might be the red brick/ red roof house in the park carpark. It's way nearer than any other house and the back overlooks the pond area. Would be interesting to know whether the windows are visible through the trees.

(house is in the centre of this map) Google Maps

And he wouldn't necessarily have parked in the car park, he could have turned right for a few metres and parked in the lane from which you can get into the park.

I'd wondered if those derelict buildings right at the back near the one and river played a part. Can't see exactly what they are but one appears to have no roof.

Can't inspect too much as at work but will look more later

Wow I think that’s got to be him, his clothing has been a giveaway throughout this case. In the cctv footage everyone commented on the unusual choice and the witness overlooking the park noticed that too. Shorts on a winter night. This witness statement could be the reason the police are focusing on that area

Someone asked ?

Scuba divers scour the bottom of a body of water by hand, moving back and forth in straight lines—like mowing a lawn. Working in pairs, they hold onto a rope while sifting through a foot of silt, mud, trash, and foliage. As soon as the lead diver completes a section, the backup diver re-searches that area. It’s a thorough approach, and one that requires a lot of patience and concentration. It can take days or weeks to find that crucial object that can provide the missing piece in a puzzling crime.

image.jpg

A typical back-and-forth search pattern. (Im

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads