Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

Don’t think I’d seen this quote - thanks for posting.
    I’d considered that house but wasn’t sure it was residential, the location makes sense to hear the screams. Seems a bit secluded...wonder if they’d have cctv? Sorry if that’s already been discussed.
    IMO, I think they were in that park. I can’t decide if he chased her and left her for dead or if he chased her and she could’ve had an accident, both are plausible to me. IMO I’d lean towards the former given the information I have seen. Libby hasn’t left that park though one way or the other IMO.
    Hoping they find her soon, I’m worried they won’t and any valuable evidence could be gone

JosieJo, Bethan and Hatfield like this.
  2. molly67

molly67 Well-Known Member

It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past - to be honest I feel uncomfortable talking about this as I feel it is disrepecatble to Libby - I hope this doesn't come across as curt it is not my intention x

Mo Thuairim, Dindles, Tuvok and 8 others like this.
  3. Steve0000

Steve0000 Well-Known Member

With all due respect I find this a totally incorrect way of thinking. You would rather not address an issue that you are uncomfortable with or feel is disrespectful when it could be a real factor in solving this. I'd rather the whole world knew about her self harm if it meant she was found safe and alive rather than bury my head in sand because it is simply an uncomfortable subject.

There have been many imagined scenarios here based on little to no evidence while the self harm is logically a much greater realistic factor in this and her young age, alongside the stresses of university and being away from home make her a prime candidate to still partake in self harm.

Nobody says these things because they are trying to disrespect her or shame her in any way whatsoever but because they want to look down every available direction to help her and find her safe.

Noseyjosie, KathyA, Kasmeer and 14 others like this.
  4. solar

solar New Member

Thinking about the thefts from houses i wonder, could he or someone he knew have a master key to the properties for maintenance/cleaning.
    It could also somewhat explain the voyeurism charges.

5. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

If it was my daughter, I would want to downplay the self harm, for the simple reason that it closes people’s minds to alternative possibilities.

If a person self-harms, it’s automatically assumed that they may be suicidal, and a large proportion of the public would just hear “mental health issues” and switch off unfortunately.

6. molly67

molly67 Well-Known Member

With respect - I was answering a question and I answered with my opinion ie 'It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past' this is my opinion and I am sorry you 'find this a totally incorrect way of thinking'

realanastasia, Tuvok, Dowls90 and 6 others like this.
  7. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Well-Known Member

8. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

Not sure that is the sole reason as everyone else including the Hull Mail (who have been careful what they say/show) showed it too. ITV only ran it after days of sitting on it and I assume got the 'nod' from the Police unofficially? If it was crucial evidence surely Police would have asked ITV not to run it?

This is a classic example of a key part of the case going unanswered because Police seem to have hit a brick wall....

9. yoyo1

yoyo1 Well-Known Member

Re - the examining the park bench late one night.
    My take on that is that PR gave that bench location as part of his statement for where he and libby spent the time they were together in the park, so as part of his cover story. The police were likely reacting as fast as possible to gather any evidence from the scene , to verify or discredit his story , for there own benefit but also to eliminate any possibility that the defence could accuse them of negligence in failing to examine something that could be regarded as critical in PR's defence.
    Basically if it was given as a location by PR then the police had to examine it asap , fingerprints , cigarette buts etc. Just moo.

ScrutineerContraption, bos and Sera like this.
  10. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

For the people believing she may have been running away from the suspect and fell into the water..why would she run into a dark park and not to one of the many nearby houses for help?
    For this reason ( and others) I think if she was in that park she was forced to go there.

11. Steve0000

We have pretty much all known from day 1 on here and it hasn't been the lead focus of what people believe has happened but it is just 1 aspect that could come into play. I agree for the general public it shouldn't be mentioned so much and it hasn't been in the media, but for those seriously interested in the case and know all the facts and circumstances surrounding it (i.e. on here) then it's no problem to at least be aware of it. I am certain the police have considered this too.

Reading comments on the main media sites though, people post things that she should have at least got into a taxi so they don't even bother to read anything and are totally ignorant to the most basis facts regarding this, so yes, they would just assume suicide and that would be the wrong thing to do.

Armchair_Defective likes this.
  12. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

We are moving to a new thread in about 10 minutes. Be prepared to move. I will be back with the link in a few.

Jax49, Hatfield, Steleheart and 9 others like this.
  13. Kimmyc

Kimmyc Member

Just out of complete interest, as it seems to be quite mixed views on here, based on what we know who thinks Pawel has something to do with Libby’s disappearance and why?

14. Steve0000

Of course it was your opinion and it's also my opinion that basing an opinion on ignoring factors because they are uncomfortable isn't the right way to do things. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. We don't know factually it happened when she was younger and logically following the course of self harm she is in a position that is is highly likely she would still self harm.

Sally4x likes this.
  15. suzyjackson

suzyjackson Well-Known Member

The downplaying of mental health issue became quite a factor in the long threads about Corrie McKeague (I don't suggest you read them unless you really have too much time on your hands) as well as the family's wish to cover up his sexual proclivities and doctoring of social media.

I don't suppose the parents can win either way, in neither case do I feel past mental health had any bearing at all on their disappearance and I can see why the family don't want red herrings clouding the issues but it can lead to the unhelpful speculation if things are "hidden"

The two cases have remarkable paralells - 2 inebriated young people, separated from their group, last seen on CCTV and seemingly then vanishing, I pray that Libby's family aren't still looking over 2 years later.

There are also similarities with the Christina Morris case, last seen on CCTV with a man who got her into his car and her body wasn't found for over 3 years IIRC, not strictly the same due to the geography of the US but the suspects have some similarities too

JMO

16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

They need new/more evidence. Period. (Or a confession.)

Curiousobserver likes this.
  17. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Remember to try and keep the first page as factual as possible! I've got to go out now so can't add any links myself - but maps, times, CCTV links, police updates, etc etc anything useful to refer back to, makes it easier for everyone!

HongKongPhooey, Bethan, Alyce and 5 others like this.
  18. Quintet

Quintet On Time Out

413071FD-E75C-40E7-A1E5-F8306E8A3769.png

The report is quite jumbled to be fair.

19. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.