Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, here it is - hadn't seen full quote before. "Speaking to the Telegraph, the witness' father, whose house overlooks the fields, said: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window."He said it sounded like he was moving. It was intermittent."He went on: "The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. “He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back.""
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

(NB I think Telegraph made a typo at "it sounded like he was moving", it should read, "it sounded like SHE was moving" - the son referring only to female screams in his own statement to press.)
Don’t think I’d seen this quote - thanks for posting.
I’d considered that house but wasn’t sure it was residential, the location makes sense to hear the screams. Seems a bit secluded...wonder if they’d have cctv? Sorry if that’s already been discussed.
IMO, I think they were in that park. I can’t decide if he chased her and left her for dead or if he chased her and she could’ve had an accident, both are plausible to me. IMO I’d lean towards the former given the information I have seen. Libby hasn’t left that park though one way or the other IMO.
Hoping they find her soon, I’m worried they won’t and any valuable evidence could be gone

I know this has been said previously and quite an in depth on twitter surrounding it, but Libby does appear to have very clear self harm marks on both her arms and legs. I’m wondering why this has never been mentioned by the police in regards to her state of mind. It seems like the police don’t for one second believe she may have caused herself some harm?

It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past - to be honest I feel uncomfortable talking about this as I feel it is disrepecatble to Libby - I hope this doesn't come across as curt it is not my intention x

It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past - to be honest I feel uncomfortable talking about this as I feel it is disrepecatble to Libby - I hope this doesn't come across as curt it is not my intention x

With all due respect I find this a totally incorrect way of thinking. You would rather not address an issue that you are uncomfortable with or feel is disrespectful when it could be a real factor in solving this. I'd rather the whole world knew about her self harm if it meant she was found safe and alive rather than bury my head in sand because it is simply an uncomfortable subject.

There have been many imagined scenarios here based on little to no evidence while the self harm is logically a much greater realistic factor in this and her young age, alongside the stresses of university and being away from home make her a prime candidate to still partake in self harm.

Nobody says these things because they are trying to disrespect her or shame her in any way whatsoever but because they want to look down every available direction to help her and find her safe.

If it was my daughter, I would want to downplay the self harm, for the simple reason that it closes people’s minds to alternative possibilities.

If a person self-harms, it’s automatically assumed that they may be suicidal, and a large proportion of the public would just hear “mental health issues” and switch off unfortunately.

With all due respect I find this a totally incorrect way of thinking. You would rather not address an issue that you are uncomfortable with or feel is disrespectful when it could be a real factor in solving this. I'd rather the whole world knew about her self harm if it meant she was found safe and alive rather than bury my head in sand because it is simply an uncomfortable subject.

There have been many imagined scenarios here based on little to no evidence while the self harm is logically a much greater realistic factor in this and her young age, alongside the stresses of university and being away from home make her a prime candidate to still partake in self harm.

Nobody says these things because they are trying to disrespect her or shame her in any way whatsoever but because they want to look down every available direction to help her and find her safe.

With respect - I was answering a question and I answered with my opinion ie 'It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past' this is my opinion and I am sorry you 'find this a totally incorrect way of thinking'

The Welly cctv didn't show a suspect and the Haworth St one did.

Maybe they are not wanting to show anything that could prejudice a fair trial at a later date.

Think the BBC are much more cautious about these things that other media outlets.

Not sure that is the sole reason as everyone else including the Hull Mail (who have been careful what they say/show) showed it too. ITV only ran it after days of sitting on it and I assume got the 'nod' from the Police unofficially? If it was crucial evidence surely Police would have asked ITV not to run it?

This is a classic example of a key part of the case going unanswered because Police seem to have hit a brick wall....

I know that the police have been at the park area pretty much every day but why are they only there for a few hours at a time, with the severity of this case I would have thought it would make sense to be there from the break of dawn until dusk, not just from around 11am until mid afternoon. Is there a reason for this? I still think it's really odd how those forensics guys were at the park bench in the dark quite late one night when all the other searching takes place in broad daylight.
Re - the examining the park bench late one night.
My take on that is that PR gave that bench location as part of his statement for where he and libby spent the time they were together in the park, so as part of his cover story. The police were likely reacting as fast as possible to gather any evidence from the scene , to verify or discredit his story , for there own benefit but also to eliminate any possibility that the defence could accuse them of negligence in failing to examine something that could be regarded as critical in PR's defence.
Basically if it was given as a location by PR then the police had to examine it asap , fingerprints , cigarette buts etc. Just moo.

If it was my daughter, I would want to downplay the self harm, for the simple reason that it closes people’s minds to alternative possibilities.

If a person self-harms, it’s automatically assumed that they may be suicidal, and a large proportion of the public would just hear “mental health issues” and switch off unfortunately.

We have pretty much all known from day 1 on here and it hasn't been the lead focus of what people believe has happened but it is just 1 aspect that could come into play. I agree for the general public it shouldn't be mentioned so much and it hasn't been in the media, but for those seriously interested in the case and know all the facts and circumstances surrounding it (i.e. on here) then it's no problem to at least be aware of it. I am certain the police have considered this too.

Reading comments on the main media sites though, people post things that she should have at least got into a taxi so they don't even bother to read anything and are totally ignorant to the most basis facts regarding this, so yes, they would just assume suicide and that would be the wrong thing to do.

Just out of complete interest, as it seems to be quite mixed views on here, based on what we know who thinks Pawel has something to do with Libby’s disappearance and why?

With respect - I was answering a question and I answered with my opinion ie 'It could be irrelevent as in - this may have happened when she was much younger and self harm is in the past' this is my opinion and I am sorry you 'find this a totally incorrect way of thinking'

Of course it was your opinion and it's also my opinion that basing an opinion on ignoring factors because they are uncomfortable isn't the right way to do things. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. We don't know factually it happened when she was younger and logically following the course of self harm she is in a position that is is highly likely she would still self harm.

The downplaying of mental health issue became quite a factor in the long threads about Corrie McKeague (I don't suggest you read them unless you really have too much time on your hands) as well as the family's wish to cover up his sexual proclivities and doctoring of social media.

I don't suppose the parents can win either way, in neither case do I feel past mental health had any bearing at all on their disappearance and I can see why the family don't want red herrings clouding the issues but it can lead to the unhelpful speculation if things are "hidden"

The two cases have remarkable paralells - 2 inebriated young people, separated from their group, last seen on CCTV and seemingly then vanishing, I pray that Libby's family aren't still looking over 2 years later.

There are also similarities with the Christina Morris case, last seen on CCTV with a man who got her into his car and her body wasn't found for over 3 years IIRC, not strictly the same due to the geography of the US but the suspects have some similarities too

JMO

We are moving to a new thread in about 10 minutes. Be prepared to move. I will be back with the link in a few.

Remember to try and keep the first page as factual as possible! I've got to go out now so can't add any links myself - but maps, times, CCTV links, police updates, etc etc anything useful to refer back to, makes it easier for everyone!

413071FD-E75C-40E7-A1E5-F8306E8A3769.png
MSM link please so we can discuss, PR can't be the man in the car and the man on the bike so could be a game changer (tbh this sounds like nonsense to me but we can't discount anything in this case)

The report is quite jumbled to be fair.

MSM link please so we can discuss, PR can't be the man in the car and the man on the bike so could be a game changer (tbh this sounds like nonsense to me but we can't discount anything in this case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken