Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I'm pretty sure a person gets in on the passenger side is the unique human/body action in the process of getting in and sitting on a car seat:

1, Right leg placed in footwell.
2, Bend right leg at the same as diagonally falling onto seat base with the left leg swinging in after.

I'll be really surprised (and questioning myself!) if it turns out not to be the case....
Someone definitely gets in I agree with this

I'm back guys! Walked maybe 8 miles to and from and through the park (Oak Rd) and south along the riverbank (downstream). I walked as far as I could get along that stretch of the river before the path became too overgrown, sloppy and tapered off towards the bridge over the dual carriageway near B&Q on Clough Road. I didn't really take many pics of the park itself tbh... there was nothing to see that hasn't already been documented by the Hull Daily Mail, etc. The pics are of the river areas and might help you all get a better feel for it. My boots and jeans are blathered in mud, lol! One thing - a spot on in the soil against the fence that separates the wind turbine from the river - caught my attention but it's probably nothing. Will come back in a bit...

The police aren’t going to “mistake” any car for the wrong person’s

Every car we’ve seen in all the footage so far, they will have the number plate of, and this will be able to find out the owner, address etc.

It would be very difficult to climb out of the river, but would also depend on the tide. My dog often jumps in at high tide and can struggle to get out.

Yes, you can see the Claremont Ave houses from the park entrance, they back onto a track and then the park. It's very quiet there so you would hear screams.

You definitely could not just run into the pond. You have to go down a path, turn right and past a derelict building or across the field and through a small wood. It is a fishing pond so there are wooden areas where fishermen sit and there is a footpath around it. Personally I don't think it would be easy to stumble upon it in this huge park but in the dark you really can't see anything (I know this from my misspent youth, going to the same park with my friends to meet boys ;) )

It's also worth noting the night she went missing the river may have had a frozen layer on it, I say may because if it is a fast moving river this may disturb the water and not allow it to freeze over. The pond definitely would have had a frozen layer over the top of it. Could she have stumbled on the ice and fallen through?

Edited with an upload of the weather that night.

Attachments

• Weather.jpg
    Weather.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It’s the media ! We have no idea how they phrased any questions
Exactly! And I don’t think the media even quoted them as saying she was in the car did they? They said his sister said he stopped as THE girl was crying, she asked for a lift and he put her address in sat nav, not that she actually got into the car.. sat nav could be his phone when they were standing in the street.

I'm back guys! Walked maybe 8 miles to and from and through the park (Oak Rd) and south along the riverbank (downstream). I walked as far as I could get along that stretch of the river before the path became too overgrown, sloppy and tapered off towards the bridge over the dual carriageway near B&Q on Clough Road. I didn't really take many pics of the park itself tbh... there was nothing to see that hasn't already been documented by the Hull Daily Mail, etc. The pics are of the river areas and might help you all get a better feel for it. My boots and jeans are blathered in mud, lol! One thing - a spot on in the soil against the fence that separates the wind turbine from the river - caught my attention but it's probably nothing. Will come back in a bit...
Interesting. I'll have a look there on Saturday.

Difficult to suss his body language out when he is looking down a lot at his press release to read out, and keep his hands neutral/non moving, but I did note when he talked about potentially jeopardising any future investigations he double blinks at the end of that sentence at 'future investigations' on that final word. I don't think he is hopeful of a future investigation....OR he doesn't think anything will jeopardise any future investigations OR he knows already that something out there already (the cobweb CCTV?) has already jeopardised any future investigations. I would say on balance its the last choice.

He does also double blink when at the end he says 'to call 101 and to help us find her.' He DB's on the call 101. I don't think he is expecting any new evidence to be phoned in, apart from a body appearing.

I conclude he is not at all hopeful of finding anything further out. Oh my...poor

or the second car cctv. ITV got the scoop and the sun didn't....have they released this before given the go ahead?

Lovely day for a walk ! You did take some pics of that "spot" that caught your eye I hope. ;)

Yes I agree with everything you have said too. Seems to me if a person had to run from the car park into the actual park and if the ran somewhere close to the direction of the gravel path then after a small incline you could reach the river. The pond as you say would be tricky to reach. Left of the carpark after entering is open but bordered by bracken and right is the red house (does look more like a contractors house rather than residence) is a path leading to Clough rd eventually. I’ll get photos first thing in the morning so you can see what we mean.

Thanks everyone for trying to help with this case.

I keep assuming he had to have parked in the square parking area closest to her house and if so then I try to put myself in her shoes and think where I would run if I needed to get away from him in that parking area. If it were me I would run sideways and then try to cut back towards my house so that puts me near the drainage creek area on the north side of the square parking lot.

Which is why I am wondering if there are any larger pools of water in those trees north of the parking lot in the drainage creek area. From google it sure looks like larger pools of water are in that drainage creek but I cant be sure.

The most likely scenario is still that smoking guy was PR and he was waiting for the Renault Megane to move off so the coast was clear for him to approach and lure Libby back to his car , and he then takes Libby to the park and what happens next is unclear , just that subsequent cctv shows PR driving home alone and Libby is missing. Just my speculation - but remember hes already apparently indicated that he picked a girl up , the simplest most obvious solution is often the correct one. Altho keeping an open mind is great. But what we know so far points to the aforementioned scenario.
They just need to find Libby for her parents sake and for advancing the investigation.

Well, firstly we know he some sort of sick fantasist so could he have been a bit like the man in the Rachel Nikel murder where he rushed into shops all pumped up about it and got involved (then the Police suspected him). Could he have been trying to brush away the facts about his perving and just saying 'i only gave her a lift' but it was in fact totally untrue. he just didnt want them to know about his perving.

JMO
No he would never admit to being anywhere near the breaking news of a missing girl if he had nothing to do with it. By the time he communicated to his relatives the news was all over the place about a missing girl. So they probably asked him if he had anything to do with it and by then LE also shared that they had video evidence of him so he probably had to admit to them that yes he picked her up but then lied about the rest.

It’s the media ! We have no idea how they phrased any questions
What kind of phrasing of a question could cause one of PR's family members to say that LS was in his car, that she asked him to take her home and that she 'threw herself' at him but he spurned her advances because he was married? That's a hell of a lot of specific detail for a misunderstood question! The only reason for his family to come out with those comments would be because PR told them that story himself. No other explanation makes sense. And there's no way PR would tell anybody that a missing girl had been in his car if it wasn't true. Why implicate himself in a serious crime if he was innocent? He'd have to be insane.

Libby was in PR's car. I suspect that PR has admitted as much to the police but is claiming he didn't harm her. It's now up to the police to prove otherwise.

The most likely scenario is still that smoking guy was PR and he was waiting for the Renault Megane to move off so the coast was clear for him to approach and lure Libby back to his car , and he then takes Libby to the park and what happens next is unclear , just that subsequent cctv shows PR driving home alone and Libby is missing. Just my speculation - but remember hes already apparently indicated that he picked a girl up , the simplest most obvious solution is often the correct one. Altho keeping an open mind is great. But what we know so far points to the aforementioned scenario.
They just need to find Libby for her parents sake and for advancing the investigation.
He didn’t. His sister did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member