UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

hitthenic announced he was taking a break from this page. Come back!

HayLouise, opalsqueak63 and Ched like this.
  2. Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Also just watched the video properly, someone with a DSLR on a tripod taking closeup pictures of the right hand pillar. Odd thing to do for a routine break-in.

opalsqueak63 likes this.
  3. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Police have confirmed current scene is in relation to a robbery

HayLouise, Amonet, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  4. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Well I can see (in the slow cobweb cctv) the man there texting with both thumbs (after rolling the cig). Who did he message?

5. sofieellis

sofieellis Member

The Fairfax Avenue incident is unrelated. Police have now issued a statement - it was a robbery.

6. Chester

Fair enough.

Those gates look like an advert which says look closer, there is something worth nicking here.

Officer Dibble, Bfast2009 and Stella8 like this.
  7. Mollie123

Mollie123 Well-Known Member

It seems a lot are convinced the Haworth cctv contains footage of LS and PR. How many don't? Any of you think otherwise, any theories?

alfiedug likes this.
  8. Chester

It's all way too blurry for me to decide.

If you stare at something long and hard enough you can convince yourself of anything.

9. Strontium69

Strontium69 Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same as ours... everyone wondering why there is NOTHING... I guess as it goes longer with nothing the mood may change towards the Police, as they've had a free pass so far. The local general consensus isn't 'get the foreigners' at all, his nationality doesn't seem to have any bearing here, probably because the Poles have been here for 20 years, there are plenty of young Polish families around Newland.

However, if it is revealed that trafficking is at the heart of this the mood may change, as people are fully aware that there are large foreign gangs that are apparently operating with impunity in the city. There is already a large undocumented problem not talked about in the press of young teen girls and... 'foreign men.' There are a lot of 'rumblings' about certain take-aways, especially in the Welly area, that seem to have young teens constantly in and out the back. Not talked about in the press, but something many people talk about. This issue may bring that into public focus.

(I went to A n E last night and had to walk out, what a joke. It's currently a building site, men drilling and hammering in and around us as we try to sit and wait for 3 hours to be seen, it was tortuous! My own medical centre, which is useless, is shut today for some reason - so I still haven't had any medical attention since yesterday!)

INCIDENTALLY: Streets are in the local news being cordoned off everyday.

Al Ka, Hatfield, Kasmeer and 7 others like this.
  10. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

I think anything is possible - even that it is P. but a different woman.

11. Nine Lives

Nine Lives Member

Hello all, just signed up here. Have been following along for days and very impressed with you all. I was just having a play with some stills on the Spiderweb CCTV. Thought this one might serve to give you all a better idea of what the car driver was wearing.

Attached Files:

Amonet, Hatfield, Winterbells and 8 others like this.
  12. Chester

Did you inform the Police about being run over/assaulted yesterday?

Amonet, opalsqueak63 and Strontium69 like this.
  13. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

I assume your nearest is Westbourne. If that is shut, get yourself to the walk in centre on Bransholme or Story street mate. They will either sort you or make a today appointment for you at HRI in which case you wont have to wait. I did it when I got a full sewing needle in my foot.

KING Charles likes this.
  14. Strontium69

Strontium69 Well-Known Member

Whoah there... back up just a little bit!

opalsqueak63 and cherrytree9 like this.
  15. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

I encounter a lot of it in my cab mate. Tends to be young out of work scratters and the baby boomers that view life that way.

61Montcalm and SFH19 like this.
  16. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Active Member

Two questions:
    How many English adult women have ever been trafficked and never heard from or seen again?

How many convicted sex offenders/rapists/murderers of unrelated women in the U.K. have ever worked in pairs or more? (I can only think of John Duffy and David Mulcahy).

HayLouise, Al Ka, Amonet and 6 others like this.
  17. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

I really don't think trafficking is a good fit at all for this case. In the link given by Bethp21, the people taken where 'estranged from family', ie. no-one would miss them and they were taken to Lincolnshire as slave labour. Their captor was not European either. I would think with the area it's agricultural work. Many times it's homeless people and no-one even knows they're gone. It's sometimes fellow nationals who are illegally brought into the UK and volunteer to come, there's a steady supply of them.
    So Libby is not going to be taken as a slave to work in the UK somewhere, it's too high risk she would tell someone. If you think she could be taken for other purposes, then why risk someone who would be missed from a student community and a most likely caring family within hours - there are millions of women who wouldn't be missed for months or years - makes no sense.
    I believe that generally, people find it hard to accept that 'ordinary' people can do terrible things or cause so much upset and a disappearance in this day and age where we have so much technology and CCTV. It's unsettling to say the least, so thinking it's an unnamed powerful organisation makes us feel better on some level. As long as it's people or a gang on the edge of our society, not right in the middle of it like ourselves. Personally, I don't think it's a logical theory.

Al Ka, Amonet, Sparkles631 and 7 others like this.
  18. KING Charles

KING Charles Active Member

I have looked at this cctv many times, I’m not convinced it is either of them in that car.

opalsqueak63 and bos like this.
  19. VicBlazey

VicBlazey Active Member

I did think this too - a few people have stated they think he passenger is wearing knee high boots - maybe he picked up a local ‘night worker??’

20. KING Charles

KING Charles Active Member

Hope you are able to get medical attention soon. Thank you for all the effort you put in yesterday.

21. alfiedug

alfiedug Active Member

I believe it's LS and she gets into that car with some help i might say from the driver. I believe the driver is wearing glasses plus i was told and thought that car was an Astra and i know its been mentioned on here that its 100 percent an Astra. But people still say to me it's not an Astra that's what is confusing me.

Amonet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.