Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When there are no new updates on a case, people fill the void with theories. The assumption seems to be that the lack of obvious progress from the police means that the crime committed must have been much more complex or unusual than it first seemed. Often these theories involve bizarre conspiracies and unusual motives - trafficking, gangs, etc. However, when the cases are finally solved, most will turn out to be relatively simple. Unfortunately some criminals are either very effective at hiding their crimes or just simply lucky.

That's why I mentioned McCann.

According to the Daily Mail, with a holiday resort crawling with burglars, gypsies, eastern european baby smugglers, childless women who look like Victoria Beckham and pedos all staking out the apartment in suspicious getup its amazing one didn't drive straight back to the airport!

LOL

But yeah - probably a far simpler explanation.

ETA - i don't care about the case - just the absurd daily mail style theories

Ok, I can see on google 3D that there are trees most of the way around. But it look like if you took the most obvious path from road towards river and then took the most obvious turn right, you'd end up bang between the pond and river on a strip about 25m wide. I hope it works on this map link and you can see what I mean.

Google Maps

But if she just ran in the pond and drowned, she'd be found in 2 minutes

It has "comfy lounges, a games room and a cinema room." So would have made sense to try to head there, assuming she could get in as a non-resident.

From what I can see, Libby’s house has both an outer porch door aswell as an interior entrance door. Many’s a time when I lived in a house with a similar set up, I would go out without the porch key by accident or discover I had the porch key but not the inner one and could only get half in! In my mind, Libby was heading home. If she had wanted to go to a party, it would have made more sense for her to ask the taxi driver to take her somewhere else once she was in the car, rather than walk/ bus on a freezing night. The part I don’t get, is why, from reports, it sounds like she exited the taxi and then made the decision she needed to be elsewhere but DIDN’T ask him to take her to that place. We know that Libby had just been refused entry to a bar and that they were in two groups, one of which talks about going to the ATM first. She had also just paid for a short taxi ride and I think it’s ok to assume she is likely to have had money on her. So, whether she lost her key or not, the likely scenario is that Libby had money and access to a ride, but chose to walk off into the icy night instead. Why? Senseless drunken behaviour? Planning to go somewhere within walking distance or unwilling to re-enter taxi? Then within 15 minutes, reports are that she was crying/ distressed at bench. I do wonder if something happened in that taxi, and I don’t mean anything sinister, but just something that caused her to become emotional enough that she neither wanted to enter her own house or get back into the car. The taxi driver is the last person to see Libby before anything out of the ordinary happened that night (that we know of) and I wish we knew his take on her state of mind.

I'm serious - do NOT bring discussions about MM here. Apart from the fact it's a very controversial and emotive topic, it has literally not got a single shred of relevance to Libby's case.

Yeah - sorry. I don't want to comment on the case - just how mysteries lend themselves to daily mail style theories

When the case first broke it was reported that Libby lived in the halls on campus and there were some searches there. I think it's quite possible the party was there. With that in mind, two possible reasons for Libby to be on that bench:

1) she was hoping a familiar face would get off the last bus and she could go to their house
2) she was considering catching the last bus up to halls knowing there'd be people about or at least a wardens office or somewhere safe

Are there student bars or a club on the Inglemire Lane campus, that she might have thinking about going to?
Last bus from Welly, passing Haworth Road bus stop is at 23.37 ?

Last bus from Welly, passing Haworth Road bus stop is at 23.37 ?

Is it 23:37 at Welly, or at the Haworth bus stop?

And do the buses run regularly or would students tend to know exactly when the last bus was? (I have lived in areas where either could be the case)

From what I can see, Libby’s house has both an outer porch door aswell as an interior entrance door. Many’s a time when I lived in a house with a similar set up, I would go out without the porch key by accident or discover I had the porch key but not the inner one and could only get half in! In my mind, Libby was heading home. If she had wanted to go to a party, it would have made more sense for her to ask the taxi driver to take her somewhere else once she was in the car, rather than walk/ bus on a freezing night. The part I don’t get, is why, from reports, it sounds like she exited the taxi and then made the decision she needed to be elsewhere but DIDN’T ask him to take her to that place. We know that Libby had just been refused entry to a bar and that they were in two groups, one of which talks about going to the ATM first. She had also just paid for a short taxi ride and I think it’s ok to assume she is likely to have had money on her. So, whether she lost her key or not, the likely scenario is that Libby had money and access to a ride, but chose to walk off into the icy night instead. Why? Senseless drunken behaviour? Planning to go somewhere within walking distance or unwilling to re-enter taxi? Then within 15 minutes, reports are that she was crying/ distressed at bench. I do wonder if something happened in that taxi, and I don’t mean anything sinister, but just something that caused her to become emotional enough that she neither wanted to enter her own house or get back into the car. The taxi driver is the last person to see Libby before anything out of the ordinary happened that night (that we know of) and I wish we knew his take on her state of mind.

Im leaning towards she was going for food. If I was locked out and had to wait for my friends to come back I'd go get some food and wait it out in a warm takeaway. I have had similar jacket to the one libby was wearing and I doubt she could fit a purse in the pockets. Has she shoved some money and her card in the pockets and lost them on the journey ? No mention of Libbys card by police but as friends have said they went to atm I'm guessing she had one with her.

Im leaning towards she was going for food. If I was locked out and had to wait for my friends to come back I'd go get some food and wait it out in a warm takeaway. I have had similar jacket to the one libby was wearing and I doubt she could fit a purse in the pockets. Has she shoved some money and her card in the pockets and lost them on the journey ? No mention of Libbys card by police but as friends have said they went to atm I'm guessing she had one with her.

She must at least have been carrying her ID to get into the Welly

So I am guessing she was probably carrying a small purse with some money, ID and ATM card

In my mind it is plausible. I mentioned way back a raised bank towards the river but it’s gentle enough to walk up. The pond could have been accessed by a person fighting through some low trees (I’ll take a photo) and if you panicked and ran through to the lake it’s only a matter of meters to the pond. However dna should have been found if the pond and low trees were run through. In the photo to the left are the trees you would run through to fall in the pond.
You get a good sense of the bank in the 1st Strontium Bike video of the Park. He accesses the river from the pond area by riding between the white building and the disused cargo container which can both be seen on the google map link by scrolling slightly right past the end of the trees.

Would link to Strontiums footage but am having to pop out

So I am guessing she was probably carrying a small purse with some money, ID and ATM card

It was some of her friends that went to the ATM not her so she may not have had her card, however as she was attempting to get into the club she must have had some money on her, now this could have been used for the taxi unless her friends paid when the taxi first picked her up,
I agree with the jacket though, my daughter has it and the pockets are too small to fit a purse in.

Is it not confirmed that there is nearby water that flows out to sea and quickly?

There is indeed a river in the park, the Hull, that flows down to the Humber Estuary about 3.5 miles away. However, local posters have said that it would more typical for a body to end up on a bank or tangled in something. It's silty / boggy / reedy and meandering, and not especially fast, wide or strong at that point. There are also about a dozen bridges in that 3.5 miles and buildings all the way along. I've yet to see an example of someone lost that far up the Hull who went to sea (not that it hasn't happened, but nobody has mentioned it despite it being discussed a lot)

It was my initial thought, that she was in the river, but as the day pass by I'm wavering.

Last edited:
Is it 23:37 at Welly, or at the Haworth bus stop?

And do the buses run regularly or would students tend to know exactly when the last bus was? (I have lived in areas where either could be the case)
Sorry i was talking with a friend and have new information there is 121 later.

Attachments

• gh3phAgv.jpg-large.jpeg
    gh3phAgv.jpg-large.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 39

Wonder why the police have not mentioned any extra items Libby might have had. The appeal photos were her jacket, skirt and trainers. No mention of jewellery, money, cards, keys, ID or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie