UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z03

Z03 Active Member

Perhaps it was a dog? I've just rewatched the cctv.
    The guy in the orange looks like he's up to no good with his run and look back.

Gillwill likes this.
  2. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-20_8-9-38.png

I've been having a look at the CCTV footage location on Google Maps. This gives a better idea of the area the people on the footage were walking through. I can see why someone running would stop if they are crossing a road, BUT, at that time of night in an industrial area, I doubt there would be that much activity. No doubt there would be a few large lorries around etc obviously, but I really don't think it would be busy with traffic. The guy in the orange jacket looks dodgy as hell checking over his shoulder as he comes out of the edge of the park.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Few more pictures of the area on the most recent CCTV release. The first screenshot is the way the four people would have exited the footpath on the edge of the park towards the CCTV camera.

upload_2019-2-20_8-13-51.png

upload_2019-2-20_8-14-5.png

upload_2019-2-20_8-16-9.png

4. motherofdaughters

motherofdaughters Well-Known Member

I thought they had 2x dogs when I first watched it but if you look at the 2nd cyclist/cyclist returning the bike casts the same shadow patterns in that area so I’m sure it’s just shadows from the street lighting.

Sera, sundaaaay, Al Ka and 3 others like this.
  5. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

I
    I wonder if it was someone in the house in the first photo heard the screaming and saw running man.

6. OrlandoJames

OrlandoJames Well-Known Member

You would only look back like that if there was something in the park that had attracted your attention. Obviously it's hard to draw firm conclusions from grainy CCTV footage, but to me that guy looks like he's been spooked by something he's seen or heard, ran out of the park then slowed once he was in a more open area, then nervously glanced back.

Sera, sundaaaay, Audiohoney and 5 others like this.
  7. KING Charles

KING Charles Active Member

My thoughts having watched the cctv last night are that the first person looked like he was running away from something/someone and has he approaches the more lit up area he turns around as if checking to reassure himself that he distanced himself from whatever it was. I also think they are shadows as the people on foot and the cyclist pass by.

Sera, Audiohoney, CharlotteA and 3 others like this.
  8. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure as the police has released this cctv after hours of studying that just as they say :there’s 4 men (not a woman ) no dogs and nothing being dragged , just shadows.

Roxy90, KING Charles and nosnikliw like this.
  9. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Agree on shadows giving appearance of 2 people. Not sure about the dark patch behind which looks like a shadow, but am not a lighting expert!

KING Charles likes this.
  10. Kolumbo

Kolumbo Just one more thing, sir...

That bit of the track doesn't look anything like that first pic anymore, though. It's an old pic. Those two bungalows are no longer there, pretty sure of it. I walked down that route the other day and only encountered one house down the whole of Oak Rd before the one in/near the park, from memory, and that was before the entrance to Croda, approaching from Clough Road.

Those other 2/3 houses must've been demolished in recent years and the area fenced off. The path, meanwhile, was much wider, better maintained and freshly tarmacked as per your subsequent pics. Much more accessible than the first with its narrow winding track and overgrown shrubbery.

jessie, Sera, sundaaaay and 5 others like this.
  11. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure if it had been updated since the Google Map car had done it's thing - thanks for the info :)

Zazie likes this.
  12. KING Charles

Good to hear that, I’d just got this shot from google and was thinking how eerie it looked once you reached that house.

Google Maps

Kolumbo likes this.
  13. KING Charles

14. KING Charles

Sorry! I duplicated your first photo. Then I quoted in wrong box..having one of my senior moments.

PaddyOreally? likes this.
  15. alfiedug

alfiedug Active Member

Just thought i would ask because there is no times on the cctv of the four people. Do you think the order of the people we see is correct. Or could it have been changed. ?

jessie and Al Ka like this.
  16. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

No problem :)

KING Charles likes this.
  17. CharlotteA

CharlotteA New Member

If you stop the footage frame by frame, you can see there is definitely 2 shadows of 2 people. I think it's just because the 2nd person is quite hidden behind the other.

Attached Files:

HayLouise likes this.
  18. alfiedug

alfiedug Active Member

Yes i agree with you.But the cctv shows the man in orange coming out first.Then the person on the bike then the two people last. But was it like this or could've it been different because no times are shown.

caravanserai, jessie and Al Ka like this.
  19. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

looks to me on the footage like there's the first guy, who comes out running, turns around and looks backward, and continues forward. then there's a white hoodie guy on a bike, who comes out, turns around (off cam) and goes back into the area, then walks out wearing a new pair of pants/or there's different lighting making his pants appear lighter. makes me believe we are looking at 2 people here on this cctv footage. jmo.

20. JeremyBentham

JeremyBentham Member

The chances of anyone on that new CCTV footage having actually seen anything or coming forward are slim. I don't feel anything will come of it. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like they're running out of leads. Although I imagine in 100 years when we have 4K CCTV cameras all this won't be an issue.

janeh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.