UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Questions WE ALL would like answered - especially the last.

yoyo1 likes this.
  2. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

I dont think we know that Newthoughts. Very shortly after his arrest one of the MSM National papers had a few brief comments from a few people who 'knew' him .An anonymous friend of PR and Wife, a local shopkeeper/ assistant , a work collegue of PR's at Bacon Factory I think. But as to LE we dont know.

Zazie likes this.
  3. Spy Versus Spy

Hmm
    ..my eyes or technology arent good enough to know!! Be interesting what you and nick and msminisleuth and others think on likelyhood of it being ls.

But...Hypothetically, if you were at the Park and wanted to walk to the Welly club at 2.30am to meet mates when it closed at 3am?whats the best/quickest route?!!! Down Beresford to Bev Rd and down. Or Via Mecca cut through onto Clough and then Bev rd?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Sera likes this.
  4. Inspecthernightly

Inspecthernightly Former Member

Theres a better camera on mecca bingo covering the car park pointing towards clough road maybe this would give better images if its working

5. Spy Versus Spy

I had a quick look at Mecca carpark Insp. All sides of the carpark looked covered for sure, not too sure, given the angles, if any would cover outside carpark? ( im not familiar with coverage angles/lenses etc etc) All seem pretty steeply angled to carpark.

Flurries, Zazie and Sera like this.
  6. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

I'm probably wrong but surely if Mecca had clearer CCTV of the four people that police need to speak to then they'd have released that footage instead? Which IMO potentially points to one of the following:
    - Mecca's CCTV doesn't cover the area the four people were seen.
    - Mecca hasn't been approached for CCTV from the police.

I would truly hope that the police have asked Mecca for CCTV and they just don't have any that shows anything.

Spy Versus Spy likes this.
  7. Inspecthernightly

Might be a camera on side of smyths toys too near store entrance but couldnt make my mind up on that could be a sensor of sorts

8. Quintet

Quintet On Time Out

Perhaps he had an alibi come forward which the police are probing further...

9. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the police think/know that PR/Libby are on the Oak Road CCTV and they're just not letting on because it could jeopardise the investigation? Or is that a stretch and a half?

10. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

I think that's perfectly plausible.

Spy Versus Spy and Sera like this.
  11. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

IF she is found...and the location is not helpful in linking her to PR...not sure what police will be able to do.

Any decent lawyer would bring up how she walked away from her house after being dropped off by the taxi, so who is to say she did not do the same again when PR drove her home? And who can say for sure he didn't? If they did not have enough to charge him with abduction earlier, not sure what is going to change. Chances of any DNA and other evidence. are diminishing the longer she remains missing. And any video near where she may be found is likely to be erased. Seems bleak right now, jmo.

jessie, bos, MsMiniSleuth and 2 others like this.
  12. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Member

I guess you can phone them to check.

13. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic but I'm sure the police will have already asked.

LillyGrace likes this.
  14. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Member

I'm not being sarcastic.

Really? and yoyo1 like this.
  15. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

Timeline is at the start of the thread; it's always carried over for reference.

16. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Oh good, sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell by reading posts the way that the poster meant for the message to come across. Did you mean I should call Mecca or ask the police? I'd rather not get involved to be honest, if anyone living in the area actually goes to Mecca for bingo then I suppose they could ask out of curiosity but I won't be making any calls to LE that will most likely just be wasting their time.

17. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

I think MsMiniSleuth meant that if Libby is one of the four people in the Oak Road CCTV then how would the screaming be explained, since (if it is her) she seems to look perfectly fine in the footage, which was recorded well after all the reports of screams.

PeachUK and MsMiniSleuth like this.
  18. Inspecthernightly

I dont think its LS in oak road cctv im going to run it through adobe premire with a noise reducing filter see if its any clearer

Spy Versus Spy, Really? and Sera like this.
  19. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Doesn't look tall enough to be Libby in Oak Road cctv. To me it looks like someone in joggers not bare legs.

20. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

cherrytree9 and Sera like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.