UK UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Active Member

I don't understand why PR's alleged crimes followed a pattern and occurred around The Piper and his home. And yet he decided to flash on Wellesley Av, far from another club, his home and 2 weeks before LS vanishes.

Officer Dibble and Hatfield like this.
  2. yoyo1

yoyo1 Well-Known Member

Its kinda wierd how the police cant even question PR anymore.
    One of the charges laid against PR was ;
    "Between January 25 and January 28, 2019, you entered as a trespasser in Ventnor Street and stole a computer laptop, a Kindle, a speaker, a quantity of sex toys, condoms, knickers and photographs."
    So thats just days before Libby went missing. That makes me think the police found that stuff searching his house , and if he coudnt bring himself to get rid of that stuff , what if he kept something of Libbys as a momento , like her knickers. If the police found something damning like that , proceeduraly what are the niceties around formally charging him with murder , are there any obligations that they have to do it asap or would it be acceptable practice for them to wait. They might have enough and are just bidding there time , idk.

Hatfield and Zazie like this.
  3. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

Fair point , Thanks MF.

I think ive based my phrase on the orig hdm headline which now seems to have been clarified

Edit: change..hdm story ...to hdm headline...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I know. I was asking as obviously the CCTV is much later than the screams.

5. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what has hit me so hard about this case either but I can't stop thinking about what unimaginable torture her poor parents are going through. Possibly because my children are in a similar situation - at uni, naive and in their own bubble. Possibly because such a sad series of misfortunes has taken a bright, beautiful person at the start of their life. Possibly because I think he would have snatched someone soon it could have been mine.

The comments of his family to the press make me doubt his innocence. Particularly the coming on to him comment. That doesn't ring true at all given her state. Even if he was worried cos he was doing some cash in hand taxiing he could have just gone to the police and just said he'd given her a lift. Both the taxi driver and graybeard did so even tho neither could be sure they weren't the last people to see her alive.

kate2931, craggy121 and Zazie like this.
  6. MsMiniSleuth

Yes, exactly! Just trying to get a consensus of opinion if both are related in some way or well... no way.

scootermuppet and Sera like this.
  7. MsMiniSleuth

We don't even know he DID, remember. That was only alluded to by his sister. There has been no police corroboration on that.

lilmissgeegee, Sera and Quintet like this.
  8. JeremyBentham

JeremyBentham Member

Yeah, the police haven't ever said he did, but then why would his sister say that. Seems like she slipped up in saying that, and the police haven't said anything further on it as it's one key link to her last possible sighting so don't want it reported in the media as fact, just yet. Unless they have no other evidence of that and are trying to find some based on what she said. Or was it a clever bluff from the sister, say that as an accidental slip up and have the police run around to find evidence to support it, when he never did pick her up, but maybe someone else they know did. Dunno, rambling now, it's Friday........

Spy Versus Spy and MsMiniSleuth like this.
  9. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

They can't question him anymore because he isn't under arrest for anything relating to Libby.

They also can't question him anymore on the other charges and what may or may not have been found.

They had their 96 hours..unless some of evidence comes up for them to rearrest him then I believe they can't put anything else to him.

There's no way CPS would bring charges without something watertight.

Unfortunately it seems waiting for a body is their best bet of getting abduction/murder conviction at this rate.

Even them they would have to hope they have something that absolutely ties him to having committed the crime I worry forensically if she has been in water there may be very little.

yoyo1, Sparkles631, kate2931 and 4 others like this.
  10. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

We don't know if he spoke directly to his sister or his mother, do we? If they only spoke to his wife, say, after he was arrested, then we're only getting it third or fourth hand.

Audiohoney, jessie, bos and 3 others like this.
  11. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that is odd (and a bit concerning!) No idea where Hull Live got that from. It does look like it could be a hi viz, but guess we need to stick to the police appeal info

Hatfield and Spy Versus Spy like this.
  12. Spy Versus Spy

Yeah Stella
    Im not, and never have been, a fan of the HDM. HullLive is even worse.

Hatfield and Stella8 like this.
  13. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I said before that the screams are almost certainly an urban fox and a red herring here. It’s the perfect time, location, duration, climate and surroundings.

The alternative is we believe a girl was running around for 15 minutes screaming and fighting her attacker...but leaving no evidence or trace.

What worries me is that these screams (heard by two people) has become evidence number one and seems to be directing the investigation.

If we discount this then we have a girl on a bench and nothing else. It concerns me that this case has not been handled correctly

Zazie, kate2931, Deufin and 2 others like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    I do think they found evidence of the burglaries because we saw LE taking evidence bags from his house. Its just that I am not sure if they have any concrete evidence of any personal items from LS.

He may have not had time to think about or take any souveniers from her if she fought back. He may have panicked after harming her and he may have ran off quickly.

It is a little strange that LE has not been able to charge him yet with LS abduction but we have to remember that they did initially hold him for investigation of her disappearance so LE had reason at that time to believe he was involved.

15. Tallburt

Tallburt Active Member

Could PR have had access to several vehicles? Could he have had access to a trailer? Could a trailer have been stolen and returned without notice (given the lack of off-road parking in this part of the world from what I have seen these would need to be kept on the road)? Anyone with good eyes tell if the silver Astra siezed from Raglan Street has a tow bar attached?

Pinkizzy and Hatfield like this.
  16. mark balchin

mark balchin Member

Anybody Know if there have been any searches at the allotments at the bottom of raglan street where he lives? Knowing how close he likes his crimes , wouldn’t be surprised if something turns up there...

KING Charles and Spy Versus Spy like this.
  17. Spy Versus Spy

Think theyre called the Edgecumbe Street Allotments M.B.? Hmm or Newland Allotments?Not seen any reports or pics pf LE there. Interesting though re local offences etc

Bad with maps etc so cant be sure where you mean!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  18. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Are you saying Libby lives on Ventnor Street?

19. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

I would hope that the police have searched them - IIRC they searched the ones near Oak Road but not sure about the ones near Raglan. Surely there is some sort of list of people that own sheds/land in the allotments, so they'd know if he or someone he's close to has a space there and would have searched that ages ago. Even if he doesn't, I would think they'd have searched there anyway, but I'll try to find a link to MSM which mentions LE looking there - although I don't recall seeing anything off the top of my head.

Hatfield and Spy Versus Spy like this.
  20. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

No I think they're just suggesting that since he allegedly likes nicking knickers that he may have stolen something of Libby's (if he does have anything to do with her disappearance).

yoyo1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.