GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

Final posting....

Friday, Feb. 12th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 2pm changed to 12pm UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021.
Trial began on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women. Day 1 (4/2/21) of deliberations: 2 hours. Day 2 (5/2/21) of deliberations: 5 ½ hours. Day 3 (8/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours 15 mins. Day 4 (9/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours & 50 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 10 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 45 mins. Total deliberations: ~27 hours 30 mins. On Feb. 11, 2021: Jury finds him guilty of rape & murder. He was found guilty of rape unanimously. He was found guilty of murder on a majority of 11 to 1. Sentencing on 12/2/21 to life with a minimum term of 27 years before he can be considered for parole.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for 8½ years. 2/11/21: It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to 5 years & 8 months at the Court of Appeal in March, 2020.

Trial (Days 1-19) & Deliberation Days (1-6) (12/1/21 - 11/2/21) reference post #80 here:
GUILTY - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

12/2/21 Update: @ 12pm: The court has heard Relowicz’s sentence will start today, however, because he has been a serving prisoner throughout his remand, none of those days will be deducted from the minimum term.
The sentencing of Pawel Relowicz is starting with a victim impact statement from Libby's mum Lisa & then mitigation before Justice Lambert delivers her sentence.
Lisa Squire begins reading out her victim impact statement. (#135 & 137) here:
GUILTY - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26
Libby's dad speaks (#142); Libby's sister Beth lost the person she idolized (#144); Justice Lambert is now taking submissions from prosecutor, Richard Wright QC. (#152); Defence barrister Oliver Saxby is now providing mitigation. (#167) here:
The prosecution & defence have now finished their submissions. Relowicz will be sentenced at 2pm.
@2pm: The jury are now in court & the sentencing of Relowicz should resume shortly. Justice Lambert is now sitting. Relowicz is being brought into the dock by three male dock officers.
@ 2:09pm: Justice Lambert outlines what she has to consider when sentencing Relowicz. She said: “The offence is murder has a fixed sentence of life imprisonment. I must set the minimum term you will serve in custody. “It reflect not only the murder but also the offence of rape. Even after you have served that term you will not be released until the Parole Board decide it is safe to do so. You may never be released & if you are you will be on licence for the rest of your life. Judge going over Relowicz's previous crimes (#217); The judge has praised Libby's mum for her powerful statement. (#219); Judge accepts Relowicz did not go out that night intending to kill (#225) here:
Justice Lambert has sentenced Relwoicz to life imprisonment a minimum term of 27 years before he can be considered for parole. He has also been handed 18 years for rape concurrently. He must serve a minimum term of 27 years before being eligible to go before the parole board.
As the judge left the courtroom, Relowicz stood & watched Libby’s parents, holding his stare for over a minute. He left with three dock officers, showing no emotion as he has done throughout the whole of the trial.
Thank you Niner

Final posting....

Friday, Feb. 12th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 2pm changed to 12pm UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021.
Trial began on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women. Day 1 (4/2/21) of deliberations: 2 hours. Day 2 (5/2/21) of deliberations: 5 ½ hours. Day 3 (8/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours 15 mins. Day 4 (9/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours & 50 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 10 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 45 mins. Total deliberations: ~27 hours 30 mins. On Feb. 11, 2021: Jury finds him guilty of rape & murder. He was found guilty of rape unanimously. He was found guilty of murder on a majority of 11 to 1. Sentencing on 12/2/21 to life with a minimum term of 27 years before he can be considered for parole.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for 8½ years. 2/11/21: It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to 5 years & 8 months at the Court of Appeal in March, 2020.

Trial (Days 1-19) & Deliberation Days (1-6) (12/1/21 - 11/2/21) reference post #80 here:

12/2/21 Update: @ 12pm: The court has heard Relowicz’s sentence will start today, however, because he has been a serving prisoner throughout his remand, none of those days will be deducted from the minimum term.
The sentencing of Pawel Relowicz is starting with a victim impact statement from Libby's mum Lisa & then mitigation before Justice Lambert delivers her sentence.
Lisa Squire begins reading out her victim impact statement. (#135 & 137) here:
Libby's dad speaks (#142); Libby's sister Beth lost the person she idolized (#144); Justice Lambert is now taking submissions from prosecutor, Richard Wright QC. (#152); Defence barrister Oliver Saxby is now providing mitigation. (#167) here:
The prosecution & defence have now finished their submissions. Relowicz will be sentenced at 2pm.
@2pm: The jury are now in court & the sentencing of Relowicz should resume shortly. Justice Lambert is now sitting. Relowicz is being brought into the dock by three male dock officers.
@ 2:09pm: Justice Lambert outlines what she has to consider when sentencing Relowicz. She said: “The offence is murder has a fixed sentence of life imprisonment. I must set the minimum term you will serve in custody. “It reflect not only the murder but also the offence of rape. Even after you have served that term you will not be released until the Parole Board decide it is safe to do so. You may never be released & if you are you will be on licence for the rest of your life. Judge going over Relowicz's previous crimes (#217); The judge has praised Libby's mum for her powerful statement. (#219); Judge accepts Relowicz did not go out that night intending to kill (#225) here:
Justice Lambert has sentenced Relwoicz to life imprisonment a minimum term of 27 years before he can be considered for parole. He has also been handed 18 years for rape concurrently. He must serve a minimum term of 27 years before being eligible to go before the parole board.
As the judge left the courtroom, Relowicz stood & watched Libby’s parents, holding his stare for over a minute. He left with three dock officers, showing no emotion as he has done throughout the whole of the trial.

Thank you so much @Niner

I hope every single day of that 27 years is absolute hell for him.

Something else just crossed my mind too, but if we look back on how much technology and monitoring of citizens in general has changed in the past 27 years. I believe by the time he is eligible to be released there will be tech available to literally monitor him, his movements, his actions and reactions, every breath and step he takes. He has a life sentence now which means he is going to be watched for the rest of his natural life and i think the ability to do that will be so advanced by then. Although I actually hope he is never ever released obviously.

Do we know if the judge has said for him to be deported upon prison release if/when the time comes that his sentence is served?

A minute is a hell of a long time to state at someone. I hope they ignored him.

It is! Clearly trying to intimidate her poor family. I think this fits in with his MO of seeking a frightened reaction from his victims to give him a feeling of power and self importance. What truely pathetic individual he is. I don't believe he will ever get out because he clearly is incapable of showing any form of remorse!

I can only find an article with former inmates.

A lot of the traceability of who is in there was taken down a couple of years ago due to the introduction of GDPR etc

Best thing I can say is think of any high profile murderer, rapist or pedo and they are 90% of the time in Wakefield.

But the real monsters in there are the crimes we don’t often get full details for, Gangsters and Crime lords from various areas of the country. Many of them have as much influence in the jails as they did on the outside.... PR will be protected for the next few weeks while he is in the press, but once he’s in the main population, they’ll know who he is.

The rape helped set the minimum 27 year sentence, if he hadn't raped her he would probably serve half the time in prison

I was thinking without the rape he might have got around 20 (looking at similar cases) so yes I agree the rape aspect got him a longer sentence but still think it should be consecutive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back