GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

So Temida has spoken: Guilty! I respect the verdict of the Jury. RIP sweet Libby - the Fate dealt You wretched cards but You fought bravely against cruel odds. Your last fight was for Your tormented body to be found at the last possible moment. So now You can rest in peace at last. Justice has been done!

I'm having problems replying to a comment. There was discussion earlier about PR asking for £70 to watch TV in prison when writing to his wife. I found this from 2015. Has the law changed since 2015 as he should not have had to pay a thing according to this? TV or not TV? – insidetime & insideinformation'. JMO

My understanding from that piece was that prisoners have to rent their TVs from the prison and so could see why he would ask his wife to send cash to pay for it. (Priorities and all that..)

Attachments

• 4A698223-A338-43F8-B094-52AB9B38E49E.jpeg
    4A698223-A338-43F8-B094-52AB9B38E49E.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 34
Cash to buy things with, to trade for other things. Cigs/drugs/better food?

I know there are lots of other things prisoners need cash for in prison such as tuck shop, toiletries, phone calls etc but I was just discussing the £70 he had specifically asked his wife to send so he could watch tv. I presumed that was the cost to rent a tv.

Last edited:
I know there are lots of other things prisoners need cash for in prison such as tuck shop, toiletries, phone calls etc but I was just discussing the £70 he had specifically asked his wife to send so he could watch tv.

Ahh - maybe it sounded better than "Can you give me some money for some chocolate?"

Prisoners are not given physical cash. Family/friends can send monies in electronically which goes on a system. They order toiletries and food through a canteen sheet then the sum is deducted from their spends. They can also earn money through working jobs around the Prison or attending intervention work. Prior to Covid TVs were given once good behaviour had been demonstrated for a specified period of time and would be taken away for bad behaviour. However, I believe now all prisoners have access to a TV for their wellbeing as they’re behind their cells for longer periods of time to prevent outbreaks. Cigs are banned in prisons but they can vape in their cells.

I wasn't referring to actual notes being sent to him, but being put into an account as you said. But yes, those extras are/can be used to trade for various other things for.

Speaking about the role forensic evidence played in the investigation, Eurofins Senior Forensic Scientist, Nicola Taylor said: “The investigation into the disappearance and death of Libby Squire, alongside historical offences carried out by Pawel Relowicz, was forensically challenging.

“While working closely with Humberside Police I was able to form a clear understanding of the investigative needs and my colleagues and I within Eurofins Forensic Services undertook extensive work to support those needs.

“In utilising a relatively new technique at that time and undertaking case specific experiments to address one of the lines of defence, I am very pleased to say that we obtained key findings that assisted the police and ultimately the court in understanding the sexual nature of the historical offences and the act of rape that preceded the murder of Libby Squire.”

So thankful for the progression in DNA testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back