GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

It's been a long day but I for one will be hopefully sleeping a lot better than he is tonight. I hope that he is wanting his mother right now.
Before I conk out, I would like to thank those who have kept us updated on the progression of events, those who have educated me on points of law, forensics etc. but most of all, all of you for making me realise I wasn't crazy for spending so much time thinking about someone I never even knew.
I'll be going across to Hull at some point this coming week to clear out my son's place as the current situation has meant him moving back home for the foreseeable. I mention this because I will either be putting some flowers by her bench or scattering them in the park and, if that's okay, it will be on behalf of all of you.
However, I seem to remember from thread -107 or something, when I was lurking still (only on day 3 as member) that she liked white tulips??? If I have got that wrong and someone remembers exactly, could they please let me know - or confirm.

Leaving flowers on behalf of us all is such a lovely gesture and would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Im asking because many years ago there was a case of another Pole in UK accused of rape. The victim fell unconscious, was in a coma and then disabled for life. There was a great scandal in Poland about this case. Well, the man was sentenced for many years. Then after some time in British jail he managed to return to Poland to carry on his sentence here. Not so long ago I saw his photo in Polish press and was shocked to learn that his British sentence was reduced considerably in Poland. He is now leading normal life. Got married, has children. I really dont understand how this works.
That is shocking to read that.

Do men's prisons in England have female staff members? For someone who was so highly sexed, how is he coping these days? I am wondering if it continues with female staff. I wonder how often he has been written up. If he still persues his past time while in prison I can't see him ever getting out. MOO

There is definitely women prison workers in male prisons. It's probably wise to have them to be honest, it defuses a of lot situations and some "only want to speak to females".... take that you as will....

For Cat A, (which I believe are life sentence / dangerous sexual offenders), which i'd imagine he would be in; those are normally segregated, but not sure if females work on/in those prisons

Last edited:
It's been a long day but I for one will be hopefully sleeping a lot better than he is tonight. I hope that he is wanting his mother right now.
Before I conk out, I would like to thank those who have kept us updated on the progression of events, those who have educated me on points of law, forensics etc. but most of all, all of you for making me realise I wasn't crazy for spending so much time thinking about someone I never even knew.
I'll be going across to Hull at some point this coming week to clear out my son's place as the current situation has meant him moving back home for the foreseeable. I mention this because I will either be putting some flowers by her bench or scattering them in the park and, if that's okay, it will be on behalf of all of you.
However, I seem to remember from thread -107 or something, when I was lurking still (only on day 3 as member) that she liked white tulips??? If I have got that wrong and someone remembers exactly, could they please let me know - or confirm.

A really thoughtful gesture thank you.

That's for sure! I once read about European women going to USA to meet pen pal prisoners on Death Row. Some even got married. Life is stranger than fiction.

I always find that disturbing, like those women think they can fix those types of men or want some kind of celebrity.
This book's a blast if you're interested.

Women Who Love Men Who Kill, Sheila Isenberg

Last edited:
I can't find it on a forum search, but a Daily Mirror article from just after Libby's body was found mentions white tulips:
Among the other tributes, Hull Community Church changed its profile picture on Facebook to one paying tribute to Miss Squire.
Posts on the page read: "We are devastated at the news of Libby Squire. Our prayers and thoughts are with the family at this horrendous time.
"We have taken Libby to our hearts, and she will never be forgotten by us here in Hull.
"We have laid white tulips for Libby on the bench where she was last seen - only to find that others have come too to pour out their grief and send messages of love."​
Heartbreaking tributes left on bench where Libby Squire was last seen alive
The same quote was reported in several other papers.

Thank you for offering to place flowers on behalf of us all. That's really thoughtful & generous of you.

This is going to sound really stupid but was he smirking in court? In all the court drawings he had a face mask on. Thank goodness! The less the parents saw of him and his expressions, the better IMO
I hadn't registered this at the time, either, but Sophie Corcoran's summing up for Hull Live after the verdict yesterday includes this:

Relowicz smirked through his evidence – and was even called out by Mr Wright when he laughed while in the witness box after being asked how well he understood English.​

She suggests this probably harmed his case:

This was not the demeanour of an innocent man who had had consensual sex with a young woman and had left her alive and well but found himself up on trial for her rape and murder.​

How Libby Squire fell victim to night stalker Pawel Relowicz

I can't find it on a forum search, but a Daily Mirror article from just after Libby's body was found mentions white tulips:
Among the other tributes, Hull Community Church changed its profile picture on Facebook to one paying tribute to Miss Squire.
Posts on the page read: "We are devastated at the news of Libby Squire. Our prayers and thoughts are with the family at this horrendous time.
"We have taken Libby to our hearts, and she will never be forgotten by us here in Hull.
"We have laid white tulips for Libby on the bench where she was last seen - only to find that others have come too to pour out their grief and send messages of love."​
Heartbreaking tributes left on bench where Libby Squire was last seen alive
The same quote was reported in several other papers.

Thank you for offering to place flowers on behalf of us all. That's really thoughtful & generous of you.
Thanks for that. If I can't find white tulip flowers I will get some bulbs and plant them somewhere peaceful.

Grimsby Live ran an interesting piece today on the finding of Libby's body. It really brings home just how lucky it was that she wasn't lost to the sea forever. It also made me think about how traumatic this must have been for the lifeboat crews:

The spokesman for the RNLI at Cleethorpes said: "When someone becomes an operational volunteer for the RNLI, they make a commitment to carry out a wide range of difficult undertakings and disruption to their lives. The recovery of suspected human remains is not a part of that commitment. Everyone who joined the operation that day did so after agreeing to do so, understanding what would be involved.
"Situations such as this are thankfully rare; the RNLI continues to offer support to those involved and thanks them for their dedication. This was not a routine undertaking for the charity’s volunteers or staff, all of whom agreed to take part because of a desire to do what they could to assist the family and friends of the deceased in their time of loss."​

Grimsby boatmen helped make sure tragic Libby wasn't lost forever

Grimsby Live ran an interesting piece today on the finding of Libby's body. It really brings home just how lucky it was that she wasn't lost to the sea forever. It also made me think about how traumatic this must have been for the lifeboat crews:

The spokesman for the RNLI at Cleethorpes said: "When someone becomes an operational volunteer for the RNLI, they make a commitment to carry out a wide range of difficult undertakings and disruption to their lives. The recovery of suspected human remains is not a part of that commitment. Everyone who joined the operation that day did so after agreeing to do so, understanding what would be involved.
"Situations such as this are thankfully rare; the RNLI continues to offer support to those involved and thanks them for their dedication. This was not a routine undertaking for the charity’s volunteers or staff, all of whom agreed to take part because of a desire to do what they could to assist the family and friends of the deceased in their time of loss."​

Grimsby boatmen helped make sure tragic Libby wasn't lost forever

I am disappointed too. But he will not get Parole on good behaviour alone. He will have to actively engage in intervention work and have numerous risk assessments conducted on him by a Psychologist.
Would that be likely to include agreeing to treatment for his 'problem'? I saw this article recently on the debate around the use of 'chemical castration' for sex offenders, but I don't know how common such programmes are:
UK: chemical castration of sex offenders re-examined

Bless you @Loobyloo for highlighting this. My brother has been a volunteer on the crews off the Northumberland coast for more than 25 years and I know there is lots he wishes he could unsee. I remember when Libby's body was found that someone suggested donations to RNLI and I was so grateful for that. Was it joolz? Really am going to sleep now. Early start. Thanks for the shout out to the lifeboat guys. Loobyloo I don't know why this didn't come up as a reply to your post. I clicked on post reply but something went wrong. Probably me that went wrong. Beyond tired now.

Sorry.

Last edited:
I have to say that it used to make me furious that, as I understood it, prisoners got intervention etc and yet mental health services in the community is extremely difficult to access. I know my statement is far too simplistic for the situation, but it is two o’clock in the morning and I must try to get some sleep.

Bless you @Loobyloo for highlighting this. My brother has been a volunteer on the crews off the Northumberland coast for more than 25 years and I know there is lots he wishes he could unsee. I remember when Libby's body was found that someone suggested donations to RNLI and I was so grateful for that. Was it joolz? Really am going to sleep now. Early start. Thanks for the shout out to the lifeboat guys. Loobyloo I don't know why this didn't come up as a reply to your post. I clicked on post reply but something went wrong. Probably me that went wrong. Beyond tired now.

Sorry.

I cant remember if it was me that suggested it (it could have been hitthenick as he is involved with the RNLI in some capacity) but I did end up setting up monthly donations to them when Libby was found which I have kept running.

I like supporting organisations where people give up their own time for us and they put themselves at risk every time they go out so I think they deserve all the support they can get.

What they experienced that day must have been awful, so grateful that they found Libby and she able to be given a proper funeral

So many lovely posts here about leaving flowers and about the exceptional human beings that volunteer for RNLI. And the people that did try and help her that night. Made me cry. Brings home the stark contrast between PR and the heroes and most of rest humanity who don't attack the vulnerable.

Isn't Libby's mum a neonatal nurse or did I imagine that? The polar opposite of him.

Goes a long way to restoring my faith in humanity after the weeks reading about PR. Made me think how many of us said we've been in Libby's drunk state when young and yet were lucky we didn't encounter someone like PR. He isn't the norm thank goodness. But the damage that he's done is incalculable. From what other posters have said I think Wakefield sounds like the perfect place for him

I had a friend who was a probation officer at Wakefield years ago (around when Shipman hung himself there). Shame I lost touch with her really, could have tapped her up for some insider knowledge!

She was young and attractive and hard as nails, I remember her doing self defence courses. Her boyfriend hated her working there.

Ditto Cags with a friend of mine - although she worked Midlands area. Also sadly we lost touch so I also can't get any insider info :(
But absolutely same as your friend - I wouldn't have fancied the chances of any inmate who stepped out of line with my pal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back