Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspecthernightly

Inspecthernightly Former Member

Lol, Looks like youve got a job for life here sera.

Sera and Zazie like this.
  2. Inspecthernightly

PR's neighour was quoted as him having a dog.

3. yoyo1

yoyo1 Well-Known Member

More like he's accepting his circumstances , told his family to lie low , and wait it out. It's not gonna be an easy time for him but essentially if there's no more revelations he's a free man in the near future , back to Poland to make a new start.
    Big pressure on the police to not let that happen.

4. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

i still can't wrap my mind around how perfectly capable this guy would have to have been in getting rid of a body, now that it's been well over a month, and he's been sitting in a cell. i'm just not fully convinced he's the one, or the only one anyway. (yet). i am definitely glad he's where he is.

5. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

A violent mugging now apparently on Beresford avenue.

Young woman's 'stomach slashed' by knifeman in Beresford Avenue

"
    A police spokeswoman said: "The woman was walking along Beverley Road at around 2am on Tuesday, 26 February, before turning onto Beresford Avenue where she is believed to have been approached by a man who grabbed at her handbag.

"A second man than also approached and both men assaulted the woman, causing her to sustain bruising to her face and abdomen and a cut to her stomach."

The attacked happened close to where missing university student Libby Squire was last seen. She disappeared at 12.09am on February 1, having last been seen on a bench at the junction of Haworth Street and Beverley Road.''

Edit - I've realised this story is over a week old!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  6. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Wasn't that a hoax?

7. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

It's been strongly suggested that this didn't actually happen. Police found no evidence of it taking place, and the woman withdrew her report shortly after.

8. Vermont24

HayLouise, JEMB135, Smccat and 6 others like this.
  9. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

Thanks, I must have missed that. I did think it seemed a bit of a sensational claim, two men against a woman and they chose to use a knife too.

Vermont24 likes this.
  10. Vermont24

It's been suggested locally that the woman involved has form for fabricating stories.

Unfortunately, the meta tags used by several MSM outlets online mean that this story got pooled with coverage of LS. More overtly, several papers liberally splashed her pictures all over this story, clearly in an effort to increase clicks and foam up a frenzy.

There's been a few incidents in the Newland area of late, generally involving men leering at young women. Together with the ongoing LS case, it's obvious that people are increasingly afraid - the student population in particular.

Armchair_Defective likes this.
  11. Inspecthernightly

I believe so

12. motherofdaughters

motherofdaughters Well-Known Member

Ali’s, remember, everyone in and around the area will be on ‘high alert’
    People will be reporting things they didn’t before. MSM will be publicising stories they perhaps wouldn’t before:

RosalindaA likes this.
  13. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

It just means they have used the same source, or copied the story. It doesn't make the source any more credible. The sister's account is second-hand at best.

Sera, Joolz1975, jessie and 1 other person like this.
  14. Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

The speed and competitiveness of online news provision now means that any 'exclusive' story is likely to be copied in a matter of minutes (or less). The Daily Mail in particular are well known for just lifting stories from anywhere they can find them, very often without any kind of credit.

15. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

Firstly it is an unusual quote. Up to that point there were no media reports saying Libby was crying. Where did that come from. Also there was no need say anything about lifts home. Not what I'd expect a family member to say they'd been told at all, nor a newspaper to fabricate.

Mail and Sun may have long abandoned all pretences of being newspapers but the Telegraph is still pretending to 'do serious journalism' and so will probably still report criminal issues more responsibly

Usual sensationalism was absent (the screams that neighbors reported were 'blood curdling or eerie).

Secondly I'm not taking it in isolation.

kate2931 and bos like this.
  16. Vermont24

The fact is, most quality, credible MSM have stopped reporting on it for the time being.

jessie, kate2931 and Newthoughts like this.
  17. Newthoughts

All MSM seems to have stopped. Just local reports.

Z03 likes this.
  18. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

You seemed to imply that the story appearing in three papers somehow validated it more than if it had only appeared in one. That's all.

I don't doubt that it's what the sister said. But like I said, her account is second-hand at best. We don't know if she heard the story direct from Pawel, or if it's been filtered through someone else, eg his wife.

As for "crying", a lot of people leapt to that conclusion after the police used the word "distressed", and as has been discussed, distressed can mean other things.

Mommysleuth11, Atoz, jessie and 3 others like this.
  19. Newthoughts

Obviously it's second hand at best. Still an unusual thing to say even third hand. Nobody would come up with and then misrepresent the wanting a lift home bit. Unless they were told that. And nobody would tell them that unless they feared there was other the evidence. Why would they?

If it was me I'd be shouting to every relative that I'd never seen any crying girls, certainly not been near enough to knew they wanted to go home

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    kate2931 likes this.
  20. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. PR has clearly told somebody close to him that he did pick up a girl that night. There doesn't seem to be any doubt about that. Presumably he has also told the police that much.

jessie, Sera and Spy Versus Spy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.