Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

There was also a sighting of a body in the water near Paull a few weeks back. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that it is the same body that has just been recovered.

To my mind its not a stretch to consider that a body may have been dropped in the water around the St Andrews Quay area and made its way to Paull and then down to Grimsby.

Current changes in speed and direction at high and low tide could well aid in the both the movement of the body and concealment of it along the way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. BrianJohnson

BrianJohnson Well-Known Member

Everything points towards Libby tbh

The body that was found in the water a few days ago was quickly dismissed as being male

This one hasn’t

Which suggests either female or so decomposed because of length of time they can’t tell if male or female, so it does not sound like someone who entered the water recently

3. alanRammel

alanRammel New Member

I was looking at the river in Oak Rd park today and it’s really quite fast, it was about 2 hours after high tide and was moving at some pace. I reckon it would be a matter of a couple of hours for something entering the water here to end up in the estuary.

4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I think someone above said that her parents have been informed? Don't think that has been case before? Which must mean that have a strong idea it is her, perhaps because of state of decomposition and clothing?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  5. Sammie1970

Sammie1970 Active Member

Tortured hopefully (sorry emotions got better of me)

JustJo, kate2931, Sarahlou and 3 others like this.
  6. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Me three :(

Offaly and gregjrichards like this.
  7. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

I should think they’ve been kept informed of everything going on - by the police liaison team.

Traymar, Amonet, RosalindaA and 9 others like this.
  8. Sarahjo

Sarahjo Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see the Humber is huge, what I meant was how likely is it a body, if it did enter around oak road, would get all the way down the river hull into the Humber without being snagged or found before reaching the Humber? seems like quite a way for it to go from looking at the map but it might not be so looking for a locals take on, looking at where the body was found do you think the body could have came all the way down river into the Humber or that it entered the Humber in the first place and didn’t come down river?

Sorry, hope that makes sense..

ChiCubs2016 and gregjrichards like this.
  9. Sammie1970

Sammie1970 Active Member

Would a post mortem be able to tell them how long the body had been in the water?

ChiCubs2016 and gregjrichards like this.
  10. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

Good point about it being the body seen previously. I believe the body may have been put in the water on the opposite shore to where it was found, as you say around the humber bridge / St Andrews Quay area.

11. Sarahjo

Thanks for that.. I had read previously some posts saying there’s a lot of areas in the river that could cause snagging so wasn’t sure, it’s hard to tell from the map how big/fast the river is.. answers my question though!

12. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

I think it will roughly but then again .... if dental records can identify the body as Libby then they will know the time frame anyway.

13. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

Yes

14. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Have they named her specifically like this in any other “findings” on daily mail? Heartbroken if it’s her, but hope the family can find a bit of solace and peace of mind in having the answer to this particular question.

Amonet, Newthoughts, janeh and 2 others like this.
  15. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

Yes the tides affect the flow of the water, there are regular high tides (higher than normal) im sure there was a recent spring high tide. Also the recent weather could have had an effect, strong winds and heavy rains.

16. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Active Member

Would today''s full moon and tides help reveal a 'casualty' in the Humber, do you think?

17. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

The Humber Bridge area is an unlikely entry point IMO.

If the body were entered at shore side it is very shallow around that area.
    To get it in to deep water it would have to be dropped in the estuary centrally and the only way I can see that is from the bridge itself. The amount of security (read suicide) cameras there are there mean the event would have been captured and reviewed already.

The normal water depth around the St Andrews Quay area is sufficient to host water shows involving boats and the like.

18. Happygirlie2003

Happygirlie2003 Active Member

Thinking of everyone in Hull tonight especially Libby’s family and friends. Although the whole country has been deeply touched by this case me being one of the many I feel it for the locals when something like this is on your doorstep. I know nothing confirmed yet but got a horrible hunch. Someone on here said on Sunday they thought there would be a breakthrough this week...

19. Sarahjo

Yip, this is where my mind is going with it too

20. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Police searching for missing student Libby Squire have found a body six weeks after she was last seen, it was revealed tonight.

The University of Hull student, 21, who is originally from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, has not been seen since the early hours of February 1.

She had been on a night out in Hull but is believed to have been refused entry to The Welly nightclub and put in a taxi by her friends.

Police hunting missing student Libby Squire, 21, find body in Humber Estuary | Daily Mail Online

I’m so sorry to read this.

Traymar, Amonet, Al Ka and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.