Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirlie2003

Happygirlie2003 Active Member

Are you a forensic scientist? It sounds very horrific but interesting how the powers of modern technology can figure things out

ChiCubs2016, Amonet and gregjrichards like this.
  2. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone else on feeling sick about the news of a body being found - currently in two minds about whether I'm hoping it's Libby or not. Cannot even begin to imagine how her parents are feeling right now, awaiting confirmation of whether this is their little girl. Whether it's Libby or not, I feel extremely sad for the family of whoever it turns out to be.

Has anyone else noticed Humberside Police haven't mentioned the body on their official Twitter but released a short statement on their official website?

Traymar, ChiCubs2016, Amonet and 14 others like this.
  3. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I am doing catching up after work and I am having a real sinking feeling of dread that it may be Libby. It could be the moment we have all been dreading. What an absolute nightmare for her family waiting to find out if it is her

Amonet, Newthoughts, Wendywoo and 2 others like this.
  4. LastSeenWearing

That's what I am wondering too if it's the other man who jumped off the Humber Bridge as the other man who jumped in late December was only found a week ago. But it was stated very quickly then that the body was male and nothing so far tonight about this body whether male or female

5. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

There was nothing on their FB either. Maybe they're concerned about comments. Wonder what news tomorrow will bring

6. LastSeenWearing

How appallingly distressing for her poor parents that would be. I just keep thinking of her parents and the absolute hell they are living through

Newthoughts, Z03, Sera and 6 others like this.
  7. HopeForGoodNews

HopeForGoodNews Well-Known Member

Waiting for post mortem results under normal circumstances seems endless so Libby's family must be feeling absolutely devastated tonight.

Here in Hull we have all taken Libby and her family to our hearts. I'm sure a lot of us on here have a heavy heart tonight awaiting the results.

yoyo1, Traymar, ChiCubs2016 and 12 others like this.
  8. LastSeenWearing

All I can say if it is Libby that it is far better that her body is found in whatever condition than if she was lost to the sea forever. At least this way her devastated parents would get to bring her home.

yoyo1, Traymar, ChiCubs2016 and 24 others like this.
  9. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

I really don't want to sound disrespectful but one of the men who is assumed to have jumped in December (yet still classed as missing due to no body being found) - was 6'2". Surely they can tell the height of the body that has been found. There is a big difference between 6'2" and 5'7" :(

This is a link to Sam's missing person appeal. MISSING - Sam Conlin (24) from Hull | Humberside Police

HayLouise, jamjim, Traymar and 7 others like this.
  10. Catsarse

Catsarse Active Member

Agreed. I’m of course in no position to say what’s best for them but surely to god it’s better than ‘what ifs’ for anybody. Think of poor Claudia lawrence’s parents for example-10 years in. Poor buggers

Traymar, Amonet, Newthoughts and 13 others like this.
  11. martenwearer

martenwearer Active Member

If the male was in there for longer and they could tell he's male - does this mean the body they have recovered today has been there longer? Seeing as they cannot identify the gender as soon as they did with the male.

SFH19 and LastSeenWearing like this.
  12. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

I am wondering, if they are pretty certain about identity but they are giving Libby's Family time before the news is broken. Surely they get some say in that and what to do to prepare for interest from the media etc.

13. Steleheart

Steleheart Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Does anyone have a link to when one of the men who had jumped was found ? I can't find it but the Mirror reports that they have not been found.
    Body found by police force looking for Libby Squire - but too early to identify
    Maybe I have not looked back here far enough...

14. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

I have so many questions racing around my head if it is Libby, but now is not the time or the place.
    Despite the veil of solemness & dread that’s sunk in tonight, I’d just like to echo the sentiment mentioned above that these thread’s have been commendable for the shared genuine concern for Libby, with locals going out of their way to help provide us with information. I’d imagine these thread’s will become a place of solice for us all in the coming days. Thinking of Libby’s family & friends tonight & the beautiful girl herself.

yoyo1, Offaly, Traymar and 12 others like this.
  15. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Yes, at this stage, sorry to say thatI do not believe she is alive and my expectations that will be even be found are not high. So on that basis, I hope she has been recovered.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Traymar, Amonet, Newthoughts and 5 others like this.
  16. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

HayLouise, Amonet, RosalindaA and 3 others like this.
  17. LastSeenWearing

It seems strange if it is Libby that they can't identify whether a male or female body as she may have only been in water for 7 weeks whereas they identified the body which was found last week immediately as male even though he had been in water for 3 months. Or maybe LE are preferring to withhold the info about the sex for now

Amonet, SFH19, JosieJo and 1 other person like this.
  18. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Do people think the national press are using Libby's name as click bait or do they have inside information?

19. kate2931

Like a poster mentioned earlier, I assume they are letting Libby’s family process the news tonight (if at all even possible) before confirming to joe public tomorrow.

20. kate2931

Inside info. My own opinion.

PeachUK, Traymar, LillyGrace and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.