Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

That's what I am wondering too. As not nice as it is the truth is if the body found is a male suicide there wouldn't be anywhere as much interest than if people thought it was Libby

kate2931 and stephaniejanes like this.
  2. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

The quote from police said too early to confirm gender, I may be reading too much in but that sounds like they know and are not yet giving confirmation to the press.
    A matter of 'won't' ather than 'can't ' maybe

3. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

I think the press have info.

Police are expected to make a statement tomorrow. Again seems ominous to me.

Thoughts are with Libbys family tonight, im sure they are in turmoil either way.

4. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Where have you read about the police statement tomorrow?

Amonet, LillyGrace and HongKongPhooey like this.
  5. Z03

Z03 Active Member

The body that was seen a few weeks ago in the water had headlines mentioning Libby Squires name. It could well be clickbait. I feel like it is Libby. 2 people are reported missing around that area of water, 1 male, 1 female. By revealing the gender, they are likely revealing the person. I feel that because Libby is a high profile case they want to inform family first and maybe be establishing a cause of death/gathering evidence to use against PR..
    The body was discovered this afternoon allegedly, they will know by now.

6. marshy73

marshy73 Member

Top story just now on regional news.
    Think we are all unanimous in assuming she will no longer be found alive . Lets hope its her then so her family can take her home

Offaly, yoyo1, Traymar and 7 others like this.
  7. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Both.

I think they think it's highly likely it's LS so are willing to put the story out there without confirmation as it's a headline grabber.

If they get it wrong they won't care anyway.

8. Coach

Coach Well-Known Member

I have just read online (think it was in Grimbsy Telegraph) that there were two males who jumped from the Humber Bridge in December and their bodies have not been found yet. If the body does turn out to be LS, how difficult would it be given the time that has passed, for them to ascertain if fowl play was involved?

arrogantcat, Amonet and Z03 like this.
  9. Mommysleuth11

It was just on BBC Look North regional news.

Amonet, Sera and LastSeenWearing like this.
  10. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

It would depend. Some causes of death may be more obvious than others. Was going to give an example, but too grim.

11. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I agree with this.

“At this stage it is too early for any identification or confirmation of gender to be made. Further information will be released as soon as we are in a position that we are able to do so.”
    That's very carefully phrased.

There also seems to have been a news blackout for a few hours, whereas the earlier searches/retrievals were being reported as they happened.

yoyo1, Traymar, RosalindaA and 13 others like this.
  12. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

If a body has been in water for 7 weeks or more, it is going to be very hard to make a positive ID. It may be clothed, ie if LS not wearing trousers etc., to give some idea of gender, but either way before police will give out a public statement a formal ID will need to take place. That is even if the person died of drowning. ID even harder if murdered and disfigured further. Wouldn't imagine thet would confirm until PM has taken place.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. Mommysleuth11

I would tend to agree except on Monday they were very quick to confirm the body was male and not related to any ongoing enquiries.

The way the statement is worded, it doesnt say they dont know. To me its pretty obvious they do and i would be surprised if we dont have confirmation tomorrow that it is Libby.

It feels really disrepectful to have written that. Her poor mum.

Blamhappy, Offaly, Amonet and 6 others like this.
  14. Z03

Z03 Active Member

“At this stage it is too early for any identification or confirmation of gender to be made *TO THE PUBLIC. Further information will be released as soon as we are in a *LEGAL position that we are able to do so.”

I have added *to the public and *legal to show that they could well know whats going on but aren't letting us know.

It is very clever wording.

Mbamba, Fluffet, Blamhappy and 6 others like this.
  15. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

16. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Abso-flippin-lutely. Never knowing is far worse than knowing. Whoever this turns out to be, it is so fortunate they were found before reaching the open sea.

Noseyjosie, Sally4x, KathyA and 11 others like this.
  17. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

That is EXACTLY how I read the situation. *shudder*

18. Kasmeer

Kasmeer Well-Known Member

I'm with pretty much everyone else, that this looks like Libby. Sad news for her family, but I think probably better than prolonging the agony any longer; I've felt for several weeks that it's very unlikely she could still be alive, so at least if this is her, her family can begin the grieving process.

If it turns out that her death was caused by anyone, I hope there's enough evidence to get justice for her. On the flipside, if it was actually a tragic accident (even if started by someone, eg PR, scaring her), then I hope that could be determined too, although given the length of time, I'd guess evidence of any kind of likely to be slim.

19. Officer Dibble

I know but it still makes me feel sick. For her, her friends and her family.

Noseyjosie, bos, Amonet and 2 others like this.
  20. Officer Dibble

All along I've said IMO that PR was involved to a point and that I think he got caught up in something far bigger than he could ever have imagined. I stated all along I think she tried to get away and either hid or fell in the water (or possibly someone pushed her) but the screams were her scared in the dark and then going in the water etc. Poor love. I could cry just thinking about it and I don't even know her. The video footage of her she looked like a lovely young woman. I agree with Cags that Not Knowing is worse than knowing. We will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.