Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@crazychris Sending you my deepest condolences, I can't even imagine how you come to terms with a loss like yours, my daughter had cancer when she was 17 and that was the hardest 2 years I've ever had to go through. Thankfully she is fit and well now. Good morning fellow sleuthers. I came straight here this morning to see if there had been an announcement yet... I cannot begin to imagine the agony for all families of missing persons in this locality. The waiting, the not knowing must be unbearable, love to all involved.

The fact her parents were informed suggests to me it is Libby, if it was a man pulled out of the water they would not bother doing that so that suggests to me that it is not so it sounds like Libby, the parents will have to do a formal identification or probably already have, to confirm to the police whether or not it is Libby

In balance, her parents will have been informed ahead of bodies being recovered previously as a matter of procedure.

The fact her parents were informed suggests to me it is Libby, if it was a man pulled out of the water they would not bother doing that so that suggests to me that it is not so it sounds like Libby, the parents will have to do a formal identification or probably already have, to confirm to the police whether or not it is Libby
I think you're wrong there. They will have a family liaison officer who will be keeping them up to date, and I'm sure they would warn the family of any activity regarding a body found. I wouldn't assume that the family weren't informed of earlier searches/retrievals, just because it's been publicly announced this time.

I really don't want to sound disrespectful but one of the men who is assumed to have jumped in December (yet still classed as missing due to no body being found) - was 6'2". Surely they can tell the height of the body that has been found. There is a big difference between 6'2" and 5'7" :(

This is a link to Sam's missing person appeal. MISSING - Sam Conlin (24) from Hull | Humberside Police
Not disrespectful at all! I think we are all thinking along the same lines...that LE knows who it is (maybe by size, clothing, etc.) but just can't confirm it yet.

Do people think the national press are using Libby's name as click bait or do they have inside information?
I think this speaks to the question someone else asked earlier - about this being the first time that MSM has actually suggested a link to Libby when something has been found. Specifically, when someone thought that they saw a body a few weeks back, and there was a search. No MSM reports linked that search to Libby (there might have been speculation from people on SM, but it was nothing like we are seeing now)...so I tend to think they know more this time around.

I would tend to agree except on Monday they were very quick to confirm the body was male and not related to any ongoing enquiries.

The way the statement is worded, it doesnt say they dont know. To me its pretty obvious they do and i would be surprised if we dont have confirmation tomorrow that it is Libby.

It feels really disrepectful to have written that. Her poor mum.
Not disrespectful at all. And believe me...if you had seen my post to another user two days ago, I am very sensitive to disrespect! I truly believe the majority of us here have only the best of intentions and this new information brings about such a mix of ideas and emotions. It is as if we were all holding our breath day after day, and we may be able to exhale soon - having some answers for her family and hopefully progress on the case.

"A body recovered from the Humber Estuary by the police force probing Libby Squire's disappearance is believed to be a woman, the Mirror has been told."

Body found by police force looking for Libby Squire is 'believed to be a woman'

I really feel for her parents. I have all along, but this must be a particularly emotional roller-coaster for them - it is for us and we aren't even related. I'm not getting my words out strongly enough, I hope this comes across as compassionately as it is meant. Thank you to everyone here for what you've all pulled together too.

I doubt the coroners office would release such information without some degree of certainty. Im wondering if LE are holding off until they have had chance to arrest a certain person on further charges.

Like we thought yesterday, it looks as though her family can now begin the greiving process. As last night my thoughts are with them today.

I doubt the coroners office would release such information without some degree of certainty. Im wondering if LE are holding off until they have had chance to arrest a certain person on further charges.

Like we thought yesterday, it looks as though her family can now begin the greiving process. As last night my thoughts are with them today.

Personally I don't think this will lead to an arrest today, I don't think not finding a body is what has stopped them charging anyone so far, it's lack of evidence and imo sadly a body that has been in water for all this time isn't going to change that.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member