Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEmittens

THEmittens Member

@crazychris Sending you my deepest condolences, I can't even imagine how you come to terms with a loss like yours, my daughter had cancer when she was 17 and that was the hardest 2 years I've ever had to go through. Thankfully she is fit and well now. Good morning fellow sleuthers. I came straight here this morning to see if there had been an announcement yet... I cannot begin to imagine the agony for all families of missing persons in this locality. The waiting, the not knowing must be unbearable, love to all involved.

2. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

In balance, her parents will have been informed ahead of bodies being recovered previously as a matter of procedure.

3. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I think you're wrong there. They will have a family liaison officer who will be keeping them up to date, and I'm sure they would warn the family of any activity regarding a body found. I wouldn't assume that the family weren't informed of earlier searches/retrievals, just because it's been publicly announced this time.

4. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

Not disrespectful at all! I think we are all thinking along the same lines...that LE knows who it is (maybe by size, clothing, etc.) but just can't confirm it yet.

Blamhappy likes this.
  5. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

I think this speaks to the question someone else asked earlier - about this being the first time that MSM has actually suggested a link to Libby when something has been found. Specifically, when someone thought that they saw a body a few weeks back, and there was a search. No MSM reports linked that search to Libby (there might have been speculation from people on SM, but it was nothing like we are seeing now)...so I tend to think they know more this time around.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  6. scootermuppet

scootermuppet Well-Known Member

Whether it is LS or not... this kind of reporting is poor. The media doing this is self feeding. In my own opinion of course.
    Reminds me of a recent documentary about a missing girl near Spain.

HuffPost is now part of Oath

7. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

Not disrespectful at all. And believe me...if you had seen my post to another user two days ago, I am very sensitive to disrespect! I truly believe the majority of us here have only the best of intentions and this new information brings about such a mix of ideas and emotions. It is as if we were all holding our breath day after day, and we may be able to exhale soon - having some answers for her family and hopefully progress on the case.

ChiCubs2016 and Joelle88 like this.
  8. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

9. KathyA

KathyA Member

I really feel for her parents. I have all along, but this must be a particularly emotional roller-coaster for them - it is for us and we aren't even related. I'm not getting my words out strongly enough, I hope this comes across as compassionately as it is meant. Thank you to everyone here for what you've all pulled together too.

10. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

"Humberside Police say more details will be realised in the next hour about the body they recovered from the Humber Estuary near Grimsby Docks yesterday afternoon"

Twitter

11. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

12. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

I doubt the coroners office would release such information without some degree of certainty. Im wondering if LE are holding off until they have had chance to arrest a certain person on further charges.

Like we thought yesterday, it looks as though her family can now begin the greiving process. As last night my thoughts are with them today.

13. suzyjackson

suzyjackson Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think this will lead to an arrest today, I don't think not finding a body is what has stopped them charging anyone so far, it's lack of evidence and imo sadly a body that has been in water for all this time isn't going to change that.

JMO

14. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

They have plenty of time to arrest and charge PR if and when there is evidence to do so. He's not going anywhere, he's in custody.

15. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

11:27
    Hull coroner is taking control of investigation
    The coroner in Hull has taken over the investigation of the body found yesterday.

Body recovered from Humber Estuary

16. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

"11:27
    Hull coroner is taking control of investigation
    The coroner in Hull has taken over the investigation of the body found yesterday"

Body recovered from Humber Estuary

Amonet, HayLouise, sofieellis and 2 others like this.
  17. Vermont24

Per Grimsby Live:

Hull coroner takes control of investigation
    The investigation into the body found off Grimsby has been passed to the coroner in Hull, an unusual but significant development this morning. Usually, a body found or recovered in the area would be dealt with by the coroner based in Grimsby.

18. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Active Member

PR may be on suicide watch now, i guess that's why the police didn't disclose much last night.

19. Vermont24

Great minds...

gregjrichards, KathyA and Sera like this.
  20. VicBlazey

VicBlazey Active Member

deleted - duplicate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.