Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianJohnson

BrianJohnson Well-Known Member

Even though they have closure in the sense she has been found I can’t begin to imagine what the family are going through, last time they saw her she was happily singing away in the car up to Hull with them, now they are identifying her body, just sounds unreal, beyond worst nightmares

2. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

Just seen the sad tweet from the University of Hull saying "We are all heartbroken by the loss of our student". So tragic.

3. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please STOP discussing scratches. That information is hearsay / rumor, both of which are against Websleuths policies. If someone finds a link to MSM or LE to that affect, then it can be discussed.

No link, no post.

4. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

<modsnipped no link to substantiate> There’s plenty of holes to fill in this case and I don’t think the police have had a clear idea of what has happened but let’s not make it harder by inventing evidence

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2019
  5. TaylorCallum

TaylorCallum Well-Known Member

Poor girl. I feel really awful for her family. Rest in peace Libby.

6. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Me too!

Newthoughts, Jim_M and kate2931 like this.
  7. Hjp

Hjp Well-Known Member

While her family will be devastated, lets all spare a thought for the friends that Libby went out with that night and how they must be feeling.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  8. Nine Lives

Nine Lives Member

I’m early fifties now with a son going to be 19 on Saturday. All the hope I have for him. I can’t imagine how I would live with that being taken away from me. My thoughts go to Libby’s family.

Life is strange. Why should I get 50 odd years but that poor girl doesn’t even get to start out on life?

All we can ever do is try and be the best we can and help each other whilst we are here.

9. PaddyOreally?

PaddyOreally? Well-Known Member

I've always thought it looked like a man getting into the passenger side on the Haworth st CCTV

Could pr and someone else have tried to persuade Libby to get into the car and failed. Then she could have wondered off down Beresford and they could have followed after her in the car?

10. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Can't stop thinking about poor, poor Libby lying in that water for the past few weeks. My gosh. :(

11. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Please remember that Libby's family and friends might be using this forum. I am sure that comments like this won't be helpful or comforting and definitely are not necessary at a time like this.

Libby's friends will be feeling unimaginable grief right now. If I was one of her friends and I read your comment I would feel sick to my stomach. Please do try to choose your words carefully.

12. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Active Member

Why would PR hold the door open for another man?

13. yoyo1

yoyo1 Well-Known Member

Omg , thats so sad, poor Libby. It was expected but still so sad.
    Nice to read all the tributes and kind words to Libby on here. I guess we all feel the same.
    Rip beautiful Libby.

14. Hjp

Hjp Well-Known Member

I think you're right, I'm going to revise it now. I am quite an outspoken person but I am not here or out to offend.

15. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Thank you for revising your post and for responding so amicably.

16. Jarvis1969

Jarvis1969 New Member

RIP Libby. Such a sad end to this, my heart goes out to her family and friends. I feel for her friends who were with her that night, they did the right thing, they put her into a taxi believing her to be safe, we have all been there

17. PaddyOreally?

PaddyOreally? Well-Known Member

I have no idea, I'm still confused as to what that movement is before the person gets in the passenger side. I just can't work out what it could be?
    What we're the main suggestions, a coat being out over the seat or something thrown into the back or the car?

Pinkizzy and bluenoser like this.
  18. Zazie

Zazie Well-Known Member

Been out all evening and just heard the 11 o'clock news driving home. Very relieved to hear Libby has been found. Not much to add to what others are saying tonight but like you, I feel very invested in this case, even though I'm not totally clear why, and hope the police can get some answers as to how she died. Feels like a collective exhalation of breath on here.

19. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Long time lurker here.

Just want to send my condolences to every one who has been so concerned about Libby, her family and friends.

It is tragic but also a miracle that she has been found after so many weeks, when she most probably died and in the water since that night. Now she is finally home.

I hope the other miracle will be, there is evidence on her to uncover the truth of what had happened to her. If someone had harmed her, justice is badly needed.

RIP

20. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

RIP Libby.
    Another young woman lost in her prime. Its not fair.

Gosh...its been a really, really sad week here seeing all of these 'Found Deceased' posts. Another thread with hope lost.

I am thankful the family has an opportunity to say goodbye, but boy does my heart feel heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.