Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plo_Koon

Plo_Koon Former Member

Saddened to hear the latest update.

IHAVENOCLUE and HayLouise like this.
  2. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I agree - the police state that "formal identification is expected to take place following the post-mortem", so they must have prepared somebody to do that.

Identification can be made simply by viewing a distinguishing mark such as a tattoo or birthmark.

3. Strontium69

Strontium69 Well-Known Member

Hull coroner takes over investigation into body found off Grimsby

"The Grimsby and North Lincolnshire coroner's office has confirmed the investigation has been passed to the Hull coroner's office.

The agreed switch in jurisdiction for the investigation would only be possible if there was suspected to be a strong Hull connection to the discovery."

Alice253, IHAVENOCLUE, Alyce and 8 others like this.
  4. DanCJ

DanCJ Well-Known Member

Ive had feelings of relief but also much sadness today, yet I still want official confirmation. Im confident justice will be duly served.

I’d like to praise Humberside Police. I was worried when they were doing “behind the scenes work” that the case might be going cold. But it looks like they never gave up.

5. Z03

Z03 Active Member

I think people should read what happens to a corpse in water after 7 weeks. *graphic information ahead* The skin peels from the bone, it practically dissolves. I can see why on initial glance they wouldn't know the gender but they could have taken tissue/blood/hair sample and had a vague DNA profile back and know whether or not it was Libby within hours(on a slow day). I get that they want to have an official confirmation via autopsy before releasing the information to the public but my personal opinion is that they would have ruled it out of it wasn't Libby as they will have likely known from yesterday.
    Will they reveal today if they find the cause of death at her autopsy?
    Would PR be charged now that a body has been found and he was the last person to be seen with her?

IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet and Plo_Koon like this.
  6. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

They are not obliged to keep the public informed moment by moment. The family of the deceased is entitled to be informed first.
    Not without evidence incriminating him.

Alyce, Amonet, Oraclle and 5 others like this.
  7. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

Would a more serious charge mean a change to PR's impending date with the good people of Sheffield?

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If this is her, and her clothing is mostly intact, or as much as would be likely after so much time...and if no evidence of inflicted injuries are present...we may never know much more. They would not be able to charge anyone, imo. I.e if she is found deceased, that does not automatically translate to murder, much less a suspect. Jmo

9. DiploRed

DiploRed Active Member

Would they arrest him on suspicion of murder?

10. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Active Member

I believe that cold and salty water will protect the body more than fresh and warm.

11. Audiohoney

Audiohoney Well-Known Member

I know it’s a nature reserve of sorts? I dated a guy from Hull many years ago and we drove along it when cars were allowed over the dunes. Am I right in recalling vehicular access was stopped in place of an organised sort of ‘park and ride’ scheme?

I don’t recall there being many boats bobbing about. Just thinking about how or where somebody might have noticed a body if it wasn’t an organised search? Any thoughts Vermont?

12. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

Too early to say.

Alyce and Amonet like this.
  13. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Have to be able to prove cause and manner of death...jmo

Alyce and Amonet like this.
  14. DiploRed

DiploRed Active Member

Sure, I get that. If they can prove foul play was involved though then they'd surely arrest him again yes? I think they'll figure it out, just my feeling. That's if it is her of course.

Amonet and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  15. Vermont24

It's still very much an active estuary - there's the passenger ferries to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge, shipping, fishing etc.

16. Vermont24

Per HDM

15:25

Police confirm body found in Humber Estuary is a woman

Following the recovery of a body from the Humber Estuary yesterday afternoon, we can confirm the deceased is a woman.

The post-mortem examination is underway and is expected to continue into the evening.

We have been in contact and informed those that needed to be made aware of the recovery.

Formal identification is still yet to take place and we remain unable at this stage to confirm her identity.

17. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

18. Sammie1970

Sammie1970 Active Member

Formal identification is still yet to take place and we remain unable at this stage to confirm her identity.

Could this be as something as simple as keeping the media at arms length for now? Hoping it wont become a circus?

19. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

20. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

Seems like the police have released as much as they are going to today ..wouldn't be suprised if that's not the last update today

HayLouise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.