Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

Anyway, I felt compelled to show my respects so I visited the bench today.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175648View attachment 175649
I tied the comments and the roses to the back of the bench...
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

Thank you so much @Strontium69 This is such a wonderful gesture. I am going to try to donate to the Lifeboat company for all of us as well. Just figuring out how to do so from the US! I will post when complete.

@Strontium69 on behalf of everyone who can't make it to Hull, thank you so much for leaving our comments, thoughts and love at Libby's Bench. It really is such a thoughtful and generous thing to do. I'm so grateful to feel as though myself and the rest of this thread got to say our goodbyes to Libby through your kind gesture. We have all been hoping for the best for Libby for the last seven weeks and though she may be gone, I'm sure no one in this thread will ever forget her and the hope we all had that she would be found safe and well. Though we never met Libby, we have all been greatly impacted by her. Thank you for giving us all the chance to show how many of us have been affected by the tragic end to her story. You're a wonderful person. :)

Thank you so much for doing this. What a beautiful gesture. The photo of the bench & ground covered in flowers & tributes makes my heart ache. It’s both touching & heartbreaking.

I wish we could’ve all been there that night to get poor Libby safely home.

Thank you for doing this on behalf of us all I can’t start to imagine how emotional this trip was for you as a local. Praying for Libby’s family and friends and all affected by this awful news including ourselves. This is the first case/forum I have followed on here but must say I’m touched by the compassion shown

I couldn't help but feel really saddened and touched when I heard the positive ID of Libby. It shocked me as to how upset I felt. Even though most of us were pretty certain she was dead for the entirety of the search and investigation, I felt like we somehow got to know her a little. I found myself unable to look at photos or videos of her any more, I just found it too upsetting. For someone I never met and never knew, it's a new and odd experience for me.

I printed out some of your comments and wishes from this thread, and I gifted a bunch of white roses, on behalf of you all...
View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

The thing that really got me, while I was tying the messages and the roses to the bench, was the smell of scented candles thick in the air. By a fluke of where the bench is, it's out of the wind, and there are lots of little candles burning there. The smell of them just broke me up, it really did.

While I was about to leave I noticed a woman and 2 girls with some flowers. Apologies for the video being from the other side of the road, bit I didn't want to intrude.

There were 5 or 6 media vans there. And there was a couple of people walking around with BBC lanyards on. Some young lass was hovering while I was there, I did speak to her. She was from the press, radio in Leeds, and was keeping her distance, she looked terrified when I spoke to her! I told her I wasn't going to attack her, she looked relieved! I guess that there are plenty of places these reporters are sent where they are not appreciated by the locals.
View attachment 175645

You've just broke a 6ft, 14 stone bloke.

What a incredible thoughtful gesture.

There's no sensitive way of putting this, so I'm just going to say what I'm sure everyone is thinking.... I'm wondering how long semen can be detected within a female body that has been in water for several weeks? I've tried googling, but not found anything of any use.
I am almost certain that it would not be detected even after a few days. I will say that this is based on television I have watched, but from documentaries/non-fiction programs that had interviews with LE, forensic experts, etc.

There's no sensitive way of putting this, so I'm just going to say what I'm sure everyone is thinking.... I'm wondering how long semen can be detected within a female body that has been in water for several weeks? I've tried googling, but not found anything of any use.
One of the most common of tests for sperm for rape victims is the Christmas tree test uses chemical reagents that color the head and tail portions of the sperm cells in different colors. This type of histological staining produces bright colors and is, thus, often referred to as the Christmas tree test. The test uses a dye called nuclear red solution, also called Kernechtrot dye — the term “nuclear” refers to the fact that the dye acts on the nuclear material causing the characteristic color change. The heads of the sperm will appear red and the tails will appear green following application of the Christmas tree test. However, the test does have its limitations as sperm cells tend to degrade very quickly following ejaculation. The chances of successful confirmation of sperm depend on how long after the assault a sample is analyzed.

They could try the acid phosphate test which detects a protein in semen known as acid phosphatise. The test is referred to as a presumptive test because these tests make use of a certain chemical to establish the presence of a certain body fluid or chemical. Studies have shown that the acid phosphatase reaction using Brentamine fast blue B. salt as the coupling agent is quite specific for the identification of seminal stains, both fresh and old, found on materials commonly encountered in cases of sexual offences. Seminal fluid has been known to survive the washing of the garment, so it’s possible this test might have results if her clothing were stained with seminal fluid.

But there is a reason the police tell a rape victim NOT to shower or bathe, as it greatly reduces the chance of collecting evidence.

No that’s not what the coroner’s court is for - it’s to establish who the dead person is and how he/she died ie murder, suicide etc. It doesn’t go into the case in any depth. Mainly for the release of death certificate so a funeral take place and if the dead person has any property/money, the relatives can start dealing with that.

The Crown court trial is for the actual trial of the suspect.

I know - that’s why I was wondering if he would be called as a “witness” as the last person to see her, to establish state of mind and rule out other scenarios. NOT to at all explore with him any suggestion of foul play, which he hasn’t even been charged with. I know that would only happen in court. In particular, if it’s P himself putting out the story that he merely gave a lift to a crying girl. For example, would Libby’s flatmate, who put her in the taxi be called as a witness? Or even Greybeard who spoke to her? Or will it be only relatives and the people involved in finding Libby.

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
That is so lovely. Poor beautiful girl at the start of lifes adventure. Poor parents, poor siblings, poor friends. So so sad

View attachment 175644
View attachment 175643

View attachment 175645
What a beautiful gesture!
You’re a good lad, Strontium.

I'll never understand why people don't take the plastic off the flowers first. Thank you for doing so, and your thoughtful gesture @Strontium69 .

I did unwrap the flowers from the plastic! I always do. They are tied to the top of the bench just popping up above a card and a basket of big white lilies.

You've just broke a 6ft, 14 stone bloke.

Yeah, I'm no weakling myself, but that bench made me blub just a little bit.

Glad someone asked. I'm kind of new here and wasn't sure of the protocol so didn't want to bring it up, but that's surely what everyone's been thinking for a while!
With the guys perverted history, and her being a beautiful young girl, it seems there's a huge smoking gun, but I just wonder how difficult it will be to get any actual evidence!

Wiling to be corrected, but I think time of death is when 'declared' - ie by a doctor/pathologist when found?

ETA Cherwell is better at this ^^^^^^

A relative of mine was found a few days after his (natural causes) death and although they told us the estimated date of death after the PM, the official date of death was registered as the date of the PM. You could have this changed but had to wait 6 weeks (not sure why)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee