ú

Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirlie2003

Happygirlie2003 Active Member

I bet it felt strange for you. Sadly as life stands still for Libby’s family right now in a huge nightmare the world keeps turning and that includes the waves turning over. I believe in fate and they were meant to find their precious girl even in the saddest of outcomes. I hope and pray that the perpetrator of this horrible crime is off the streets to make Hull a much safer place. I’m completely unfamiliar with the area but the community spirit is obvious. I hope that in the not too distant future people can go about their lives again feeling safe and not living in fear. I hope Libby’s death as devastating as it is will not be in vain

Lyndaloo, ChiCubs2016, KathyA and 4 others like this.
  2. martenwearer

martenwearer Active Member

I agree with you there, I think it was nature's way of holding onto her at the last part before heading out to sea and was found, because this was never meant to happen to poor Libby.

3. gravyh

gravyh Active Member

Thank you for doing this, you are such a kind and thoughtful person. It's so lovely that there are so many tributes and flowers for Libby :)

ChiCubs2016, Zazie, Traymar and 7 others like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thank you Strontium on behalf of all of us.

5. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

A Body has been found in the Liam Smith investigation too, sad news.

Marulinka, Panspeople, janeh and 20 others like this.
  6. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

I love this.

Thank you Strontium

7. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

I just saw Libbys bench on the BBC 10pm news. They were live there with a reporter and I saw our messages there that Strontium had tied to the bench. I'm glad you were able to lay your flowers there today too. It must have been utterly heartbreaking to read the messages

8. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

@Stella8 great find Stella, you’re right - 10.5 is extremely interesting .. and going from this we can maybe expect to see some charges or another post-mortem in a month - which could be indicative of a lack of evidence.

9. LastSeenWearing

It was so very fortunate that a crew member on board a boat saw Libby just in time before she was lost to the sea forever. If her body had gone out to sea and never been found it would have been even more utterly devastating for her family and friends and if it is murder the perpetrator could have evaded justice with no body found and be free to murder again.

10. LastSeenWearing

Could this part of the river be a possible entry point for Libby especially as you say it is high and fast flowing or is this too far from Oak Road park and too noticeable to members of the public?

11. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

Can I post a picture from face book of the long grass being cleared from alongside the river in the park ? Not sure if it’s relevant or one of our locals had mentioned it and I’ve missed it but done in the last 24 hours apparently ?

12. KathyA

KathyA Member

@Strontium69 I'm away to bed but before I go I wanted to say summat. I've watched this case here from the beginning and repeatedly been impressed/awed by people's input, in particular yours. Especially with being assaulted too. My daughter is a 20 year old away at uni and has had a couple of minor freak outs alone in student housing, and from the beginning I've had that parallel of "She could have been any of our kids". I could only hope that God forbid any harm came to her, she would have people like you lot here on the case, again Strontium, in particular people like you. Thank you for what you have done, today and throughout.

13. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

20 minutes on foot and 6 minutes in car.

14. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

From my observations of the video recording, the said person ( presumably Libby) lacked strength potentially due to being inebriated, and tried to resist getting into the car... if you look very closely at a close-up video you can see her feet resisting going forwards. At this very point, there appears to me to be a struggle and she is pushed or forcefully nudged into the car. I suspect at the point of the struggle she was punched.. perhaps in the head/temple region because this would explain her almost flopping sideways and disorientated into the seat rather quickly. Hi Everyone, this is my first post comment, and I share the sentiments regarding the sad revelation of Libby's passing, may she rest in peace, with justice.

Catsarse, Newthoughts, Plod and 6 others like this.
  15. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

What time was this? I ask because I have been plotting my trips across the river and comparing the marker I was given as high tide against the fellas guesstimated offset.
    By my reckoning when I crossed around 7.12 this morning (cab cctv) it should have been somewhere around high tide. If your time is about right we gotta be talking almost 20:30.

The tide time of the Hull is not the most important thing to me. It is the flow back into the estuary (or drag by the major waterway).

Drag is at its maximum the first few days and reduces as the body begins to fill with gas and lighten due to bacterial activity.

Tie this with tide times, current flow rate, daylight hours and activity on the River Hull and I am almost certain that the bracken cutting on Oak Road is not an exercise in locating an entry point to the water,

16. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

It would have been around 2030. I have whatsapp messages form 2015 and 2046 that are before and after so within that half hour window.

I personally wouldn't think it was a possible entry point as its too open to see, it is just upstream beyond the bends from Oak road though flowing towards the Humber. I would have thought possibly less than 20 minutes on foot by the river path but ive nwver walked it.

17. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

That great. Thank you. At least my maths are sound.

Eliminating things is my way of working it through.

My next thought was: "Where is there water that is fast flowing enough to transport an unconscious or dead body, but away from prying eyes?"

18. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

I have just checked todays high tide was 7.07pm almost 90 mins before i was there and the water was only a foot fron the top, it still looked very full.
    High tide on 1st feb was around 3.41am.

Attached Files:

19. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Someone said St Andrews Quay. But I can't remember where I said it.

Newthoughts, Pinkizzy and kate2931 like this.
  20. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Active Member

Would a drain (possibly Barmston) be fast flowing?

kate2931 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.