Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendywoo

Wendywoo Active Member

That definitely rings a bell with me too

kate2931 likes this.
  2. crazychris

crazychris Well-Known Member

I think some witnesses don't have to appear but give a written statement that's read out by a clerk to the Coroner.

Stella8 likes this.
  3. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

St. Andrews quay was rumoured to come from a source within the police, that PRs phone pinged there. I think vermont just today said the drain wouldn’t be viable as there is a sluice on the route - he included a link

Newthoughts, Zazie, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  4. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

I think the river at Oak Rd provides a good example of that at the right time.

5. Mommysleuth11

There is a sluice gate where the drain meets the river, she couldnt have entered the Humber from there to my knowledge its not possible.

6. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

Is St Andrews Quay near the ferry terminal at all? I remember it was reported there had been a body sighting at the ferry terminal which was investigated but no body found. Is this the same place as St Andrews Quay or different?

7. Mommysleuth11

Its the opposite way up the Humber from the ferry terminal. Where the Hull meets the Humber turn right for st Andrews Quay and Humber bridge or left for Ferry terminal, Paull then spurn point.

8. DiploRed

DiploRed Active Member

If she was killed around Oak Road area and then her body was taken somewhere else and put in the river then wouldn't dogs and forensics have picked the fact that a dead body had been in the PRs car? The only way this makes any sense is if he used another car or had help or that he wasn't involved at all.

61Montcalm, lilmissd33, Zazie and 2 others like this.
  9. crazychris

I believe that if anyone's charged in relation to her death, the accused's lawyers can request another post mortem. So it could be a while before the body is released back to an undertaker/the family for a funeral.

10. Ryuk

Ryuk Well-Known Member

High tide was around 03:30 am Feb 1st I think IIRC. (somewhere back in one of the threads). That would make high tide during normal business hours - ie when Rix and Cargill are shunting drums down the river.

That in mind the body would have to have travelled almost three miles (guess including bends in the river) undetected before exiting near The Deep and into the Humber around 10am.

Im just not buying it.

I reckon its a vehicle job.

Newthoughts and Enquirer-2019 like this.
  11. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

How many vehicles?

12. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

Ditto

13. LastSeenWearing

LastSeenWearing Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the exact order of a body sighting first a body was reported being seen at the ferry terminal then at Paull then Spurn Point. No body was found at ferry terminal or Paull but I wonder if at each reported sighting this was Libby each time on her progression up the Humber estuary

14. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

@crazychris so say PR is not charged in a four week time frame and a further PM is done, the results of which end up with him actually being charged - his defence team can request a third PM??

how potentially sad and long drawn out for Libby’s family. For those who have lost a love one and myself in particular, from the moment of their passing to the funeral is like no-man’s land, further distress for the family :(

15. Mommysleuth11

1) I dont think 3 miles in 7/8 hours is impossible.

2) As had been mentioned that is assuming she was on the surface and visable the whole time.

Ill be honest i dont know a lot about it, but i know people can be hard to find even in a small stretch of water. Im thinking back to the lad who went missing in Yarm just before Libby, he was in the river Tees and it took a few days to find him despite being found close to where he dissapeared and the area been repeatedly searched.

16. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

12 minutes by car. But it's straight line via the Humber Estuary.

17. crazychris

Am not sure but I think so. Maybe someone else knows?

We'd to wait 15 weeks for our daughter's funeral, from last April to July, as they couldn't find a cause of death and needed to send her heart and brain away for further tests and we didn't want a funeral without them as apparently some people do. They were willing to release her body without those and we could have had a burial but not cremation. So we waited. They issued me an interim "Fact of death" certificate for legal matters such as Probate. They still found nothing so it went down as SADS.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    lilmissd33, kate2931, Al Ka and 6 others like this.
  18. Mommysleuth11

Me thinks Google maps underestimates the traffic on the A63 lol.

19. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

90% of my Hull live notifications are traffic delays on Sully's way :D

Mommysleuth11 likes this.
  20. Wendywoo

Wendywoo Active Member

How traumatic for you

Traymar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.