Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let me put it this way. The police have someone lined up/ready/prepared to do the ID.
They would need to know who to ask, ergo they are pretty sure who it is. That was my point.

Understood, but formal id isn't just visual id, which may not be possible anyway. In any case the PM still has to confirm with DNA, dental etc.

You don't know that. She was prevented entry in the club and didn't return home and instead trawled the streets and sat on a bench. You just wouldn't do that in -2 degrees.

She may have had something on her mind and just walked down the street and jumped into the river. Alcohol can exasperbate mental issues.

Ok granted, I don't think that happened but I for one hope that cause of death is concrete and if it is foul play will lead us to her killer somehow.

Anyway, still way off. Will wait for the results to come out.

I do not think this is anything other than foul-play or an accident (which would have been caused by foul-play) and I think we need to be careful about suggesting suicide. There has not been anything to indicate this is possible. Lots of folks get turned away from clubs/bars and do not harm themselves. Keep in mind family and friends could be following.

Are you thinking it could be anyone of these young ladies? Just curious. Would all be close enough to end up near Spurn Point? My thoughts are it is Libby but do not know the area well enough to know if the other girls are a possibility.

Joy Morgan went missing in East London (around 4-5hr car journey away) and Leah Croucher went missing in Milton Keynes (3-4hr car journey away), both way further south in the UK than the Humber Estuary.

Not impossible that it could be them but very unlikely imo.

ETA: I've just done a quick google search and Milton Keynes is approx. 150 miles away from the Humber Estuary and London is approx. 200 miles away. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Understood, but formal id isn't just visual id, which may not be possible anyway. In any case the PM still has to confirm with DNA, dental etc.
Yes, I know!!! But that really has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. Let it go.

Would a more serious charge mean a change to PR's impending date with the good people of Sheffield?
Hi - I’ve been at work so just catching up. Are we still waiting for identification? Yes a more serious charge will likely delay a trial if it was a murder trial for example both themselves and defence may need longer. Plus it may move to a more senior court such as The Old Bailey in London, if they thought a trial in the north would prejudice the trial.

Hi - I’ve been at work so just catching up. Are we still waiting for identification? Yes a more serious charge will likely delay a trial if it was a murder trial for example both themselves and defence may need longer. Plus it may move to a more senior court such as The Old Bailey in London, if they thought a trial in the north would prejudice the trial.

Thanks very much. No identification made public thus far.

Got a horrible feeling about this, for Libby’s family if confirmed it’s her at least they will get the answers they deserve but that’s no consolation given the devastation and their hopes shattered losing their eldest child, it’s unimagineable

[clipped for clarity]

Suicide?? That's a new one. Why do you think that?

I think because in the very early days on here there were discussions about her self harm and her mother saying she took Diazepam. It was discounted though. Many many young women including myself self harm and many also take anxiety medication, but are not suicidal.

The only reason anyone ever thought she went into the river is because of police presence at Oak Road, right? So, if this is Libby then obviously police know something very significant. I suppose they could have just guessed because PR said he dropped her off somewhere down Beresford avenue but would they really just spend all their time there based on a guess? I doubt it. So yeah, I'm expecting him to be rearrested if it is her. Just my thoughts..

Are you thinking it could be anyone of these young ladies? Just curious. Would all be close enough to end up near Spurn Point? My thoughts are it is Libby but do not know the area well enough to know if the other girls are a possibility.
Not initially...it just struck me how at any moment one can just disappear, and not be found for weeks if at all. I'm definitely going to be more aware and cautious in future.

Not initially...it just struck me how at any moment one can just disappear, and not be found for weeks if at all. I'm definitely going to be more aware and cautious in future.

I hear you. I made sure my iPhone was set up for Emergency SOS. It might not save me but my location will be sent to 911 (US) immediately so LE knows where to start looking.

I hear you. I made sure my iPhone was set up for Emergency SOS. It might not save me but my location will be sent to 911 (US) immediately so LE knows where to start looking.

Have you followed the Delphi case?

Amazing that the young girl managed to get a photo and a voice recording of her murderer,not so amazing that he still hasn't been caught though.

The only reason anyone ever thought she went into the river is because of police presence at Oak Road, right? So, if this is Libby then obviously police know something very significant. I suppose they could have just guessed because PR said he dropped her off somewhere down Beresford avenue but would they really just spend all their time there based on a guess? I doubt it. So yeah, I'm expecting him to be rearrested if it is her. Just my thoughts..

I hope im wrong and that if she was physically harmed the PM will indicate that ... but I've got a sinking feeling that the events over the last few days may not help the police that much
I feel they already know PR took her there ..even possibly by his own admission .. I think they will know when he left the park area .. but it will be finding out what happened in between that's the problem

Have you followed the Delphi case?

Amazing that the young girl managed to get a photo and a voice recording of her murderer,not so amazing that he still hasn't been caught though.

I have not followed a lot but always found it so chilling to know such a young girl had the wherewithal to do this. Still amazes me.

On the pathological/ toxicological findings alone, it is not always possible to be certain about the most likely cause of death in the case of a body recovered from water. A ‘diagnosis’ of drowning may be possible, but in some cases where a range of possibilities exist, it may be considered appropriate (Davison and Leadbeatter 1996) to give the medical cause of death as; 1a Indeterminate.

If that's the case here can see PR not being charged with anything in relation; being found guilty on the other charges, walking free after trial due to months already spent in custody, with fines and possibly community service.

[clipped for clarity]

Suicide?? That's a new one. Why do you think that?

That's quite surprised me and I didn't think much could surprise me! Never once have I thought suicide, she was a young girl at uni, getting her life together from the past troubles and enjoying uni life and then this....... Tragic outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd