Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

ChiCubs2016, Enquirer-2019 and Skigh like this.
  2. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

I can't even think of her being driven to the doçks, bridge or Holderness Drain - far too sinister.

3. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

Possibly though the police focussed their search around the park, it may be they had something else that led them there?? Where car parked?? Phone signal? Cctv?

4. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Her name is Liberty , it was on the listing for coroner's court as Liberty Anna.

5. floridagrrl

floridagrrl Be kind.

Of course, a very big difference. But I think we see him just helping a distressed lass into his car vs carry her. But that’s my view I understand others have theirs.

I will say this is the first UK case I have followed since the beginning and never had even a clue regarding all of the CCTV that seems to be every where. Is that the norm for every city in the UK?

Newthoughts likes this.
  6. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

Yes. Apparently, up to 20% of the world's CCTV is in Britain - though that will be skewed by London.

7. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I haven't noticed any "bickering".

8. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

Well done for getting to the bench @Vermont24, we know as a local how much you’ve taken Libby into you’re heart and it was a hard trip to make. Beautiful words you have written and I’m tearful
    as I write this - the bench, so focal to her story, looks absolutely beautiful tonight. I so wish I could visit. Thank you

9. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of businesses have CCTV and councils have multiple cameras in cities and towns. Then there's ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) which picks up car number plates, usually found on motorways and at major junctions.

Because we are so compact compared to the US it's harder to go "off grid" without any sign of where you went, especially in a vehicle. Totally different story in more rural areas though, where you might find the odd house with CCTV but that's about it.

I have no doubt the police will have plenty of footage of PR's car driving around somewhere like Hull, and will have a pretty good idea of his movements before, during and after that night.

10. CoverMeCagney

Wow!

Personally, I think ALL cars should be fitted with dashcams as standard some day soon.

11. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Do you mean alone and shouting/ causing a scene, or whilst having/ following an interaction with someone else?

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  12. motherofdaughters

motherofdaughters Well-Known Member

Thankyou. I’d googled and thought I’d dreamt it.
    I don’t think I saw it on the coroners report, it was within an article.

13. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I

I think you are confusing the two things.
    The first thing being discussed is it may be Libby entering a stationary car which may have been driven by PR.
    Secondly Whether Libby's body was removed from the park by car.
    CCTV is the norm in most places in the U.K

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    floridagrrl likes this.
  14. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree we all have a Libby. I joined the forum when Mollie Tibbetts disappeared and I have certainly changed my outlook on how I get around in life. Much more aware. Pay better attention to how long since I have heard from people. Never letting anyone go it alone regardless of if they have been drinking at night. I also never use my phone, texting or talking when I am out and about. Stays in my pocket. Too easy to get distracted.

Newthoughts, Traymar, janeh and 6 others like this.
  15. paddy40

paddy40 Active Member

I think she was alone and shouting at that point. Then GreyBeard thought she was in some sort of trouble. I think she won’t have made much sense and he thought , she’s just drunk I’ll leave her be.....

Catsarse likes this.
  16. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

That could fit. He drives past, and turns into Haworth Street to park. Walks out to the main road, but sees that Greybeard has stopped and is having some interaction with Libby. PR returns to his car, waits a little, then goes back to see if she is still there and if she is alone.

17. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I can’t imagine what scenario would bring that behaviour on though. As someone else said she was just mumbling exiting taxi. Was known to be a “quiet” girl by friends descriptions. Instinct would tell me that if that was the case, then something must have happened between Libby’s house and the bench area, seems a bit bizarre otherwise to escalate in such a short time frame. Just my opinion...

18. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

Liberty .. beautiful :)

One thing playing on my mind tonight, I know there are doubts about entering the river at oak road due to mud, snagging at corners etc but 7 weeks is a long time to be in the water (doesn’t bare thinking about)

So, if Libby entered straight into the Humber that night surely by 7 weeks later she would have already been lost to the North Sea ? (Allowing for tides)

Makes me wonder if LE were just incredibly unlucky not finding her much earlier along the course of the river Hull ? And that 7 weeks would be ample time to be stuck/unstuck and enter into the tidal estuary before being found. Has there been heavy rainfall in Hull over the past 7 weeks, you got the storms too ? That could effect river flow, potentially dislodging?
    I know in Cumbria, we still have remnants of flooding from the last storm and river levels and volume rose considerably.

I have no knowledge of tides etc so I could be completely missing the point and I hate talking about Libby in these terms now we know for sure :(

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  19. Katykins

Katykins Active Member

Having read a post on here mention the Emergency Contact feature on iPhone which I didn’t know about before, I’ve now switched it on on my phone. As a female who lives alone and often travels home from work late and on my own, albeit in a big city, it’s a good precaution to take

20. CoverMeCagney

Why do you think she was shouting, Paddy?

Enquirer-2019 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.