Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sceptical of the CCTV released.

But I've just watched it on my TV.

I think I see someone with bare legs in tbe Croda footage from 2:34am.

Last edited:
I know where you’re coming from and there’s definitely a polite way to discuss something but I’ve always felt like it can be detrimental to discuss in too much detail something that can be proven as false.

It’s kind of like the other night when there was pages of discussion over whether Libby ended up in a sluicer... :( The user who pushed that theory is a brilliant poster who has been an invaluable asset in a lot of other cases but because this theory was so unlikely and was being presented as fact, we had tonnes of pages arguing and debating something that never could have happened. I believe it’s fair enough to shut down something that blatantly didn’t happen.

I think what you and the other user were discussing may have been some of the other footage of Libby that was released from that night. There was a fair bit so it’s an easy mistake to make.

Yes, I like the sluicer guy, I just wish someone would have stated, "nope doesn't open" right away before it got carried away. He is an amazing mapper and it would have been nice to see what he could have done here.

I know where you’re coming from and there’s definitely a polite way to discuss something but I’ve always felt like it can be detrimental to discuss in too much detail something that can be proven as false.

It’s kind of like the other night when there was pages of discussion over whether Libby ended up in a sluicer... :( The user who pushed that theory is a brilliant poster who has been an invaluable asset in a lot of other cases but because this theory was so unlikely and was being presented as fact, we had tonnes of pages arguing and debating something that never could have happened. I believe it’s fair enough to shut down something that blatantly didn’t happen.

I think what you and the other user were discussing may have been some of the other footage of Libby that was released from that night. There was a fair bit so it’s an easy mistake to make.

I only believe that even what are considered "incorrect or misunderstanding of scenarios" are still worthy of consideration here and should be treated with respect.

In regards to a translator, I’m fluent in English but don’t hang with British people so a lot of humor and phrases are lost on me. My husband of 23 years speaks English very well but he would need a translator for sure.
I don’t recall seeing footage of Libby on the bench, I’m sure that I would remember.
I really hope that they can nail this guy properly otherwise we might have to accept that there was another perpetrator out there that night. Let’s hope that he accepts a deal and admits guilt.
Where have his family gone? Is anyone tracing their movements? I wonder if LE can get his wife to reveal. Is she still employed but the same company?

In regards to a translator, I’m fluent in English but don’t hang with British people so a lot of humor and phrases are lost on me. My husband of 23 years speaks English very well but he would need a translator for sure.
I don’t recall seeing footage of Libby on the bench, I’m sure that I would remember.
I really hope that they can nail this guy properly otherwise we might have to accept that there was another perpetrator out there that night. Let’s hope that he accepts a deal and admits guilt.
Where have his family gone? Is anyone tracing their movements? I wonder if LE can get his wife to reveal. Is she still employed but the same company?

Think his wife is back in Poland now, can't say I blame her.

@Miss_French can you remember?

Just in terms of:

1. Yes, other masts can pick up your signal, but by that I mean Tesco piggyback on to O2, Asda use EE etc.

2. The type of mobile phone masts dictates the (potential) range, though environment is also a factor. It can be 50 miles down to a few hundred yards; the latter is going to be for 'micromasts', which are small and discreet for built-up or sensitive areas, and are affected by surrounding buildings.

3. A 'ping' is a mast (or masts, if there is an overlap) sending a signal to a phone to locate it, and receiving a response. This happens 'live' as a normal process on the network, but historical data can be obtained by the police with a warrant. A 'handshake' is the phone and mast connecting regularly and the phone sending data, like it's settings and what it is ready to receive.

Edit: for clarification

Last edited:
Here's a question...Do other network masts pick up your signal or is it only the network your on?
I believe they do, it’s called service roaming or something but you’d only get a limited service.

Good afternoon from the US my UK friends! Many thanks to the locals who have done so much work and provided so much information in this heart breaking case. Not much is going on in the LE info department and I suspect we will not know COD until such time as a trial comes about. That's been my experience when Law Enforcement plays their cards so close to the vest.

So regarding the theories and speculation, debate, discussion, etc. please be kind and respectful. Disagreement is inevitable but politeness goes a long way toward helping not-so-local (us across the pond) and others coming by who may not be following closely. It's a high profile case and for those not caught up please do try. It's frustrating when rehashing old info that has been discussed and if that happens just be respectful when responding. Please stick to facts, if your post is your opinion please be clear about that.

In that regard there's some other bickering going on which I hope has past. Also stay away from discussing other members - it is decidedly against TOS.
If any member finds that a particular post is personally insulting, not victim friendly or otherwise violates TOS do not respond. Report that post and let Mods decide. It is a very emotional case, but everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is within TOS. Scroll and Roll is easier and saves frustration.

It seems there are some theories that are growing legs as fact. If there is no link then please make clear that this is theory or opinion. Report any rumors and leave out the social media junk.

A useful link - Dealing with your fellow posters

Thanks to all for keeping Libby's case alive.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
I believe they do, it’s called service roaming or something but you’d only get a limited service.

If LE have his phone which they almost certainly would have, they’d be able to look at his frequent locations (at least if he had an iPhone and hadn’t disabled this feature, does Android do this too?

Edit: there’s a pic of him taking a gym selfie circling around, he seems to be using an Android.

Think his wife is back in Poland now, can't say I blame her.
In the MSM report (an old one) it said she
‘Was staying with friends’
She’ll need a support network around her right now.
IF PR is guilty of his charged offences and furthermore Libby. It already has been, but I imagine her life is about to be irreversibly changed. Everything she thought she knew was a lie.

If LE have his phone which they almost certainly would have, they’d be able to look at his frequent locations (at least if he had an iPhone and hadn’t disabled this feature, does Android do this too?

Edit: there’s a pic of him taking a gym selfie circling around, he seems to be using an Android.

Google send me a email every month stating my locations. It also sent me a yearly review of my 2018 locations.

Also I get a notification at about 3:30pm when I finish work telling me information of traffic.

It's actually quite alarming how much your phone knows about you.

Last edited:

This refers to using your phone abroad and there has to be an agreement between networks for roaming (ie connecting to another network) to occur.

It seems there are some theories that are growing legs as fact. If there is not link to this consensual sex on the bench, Libby seen in the car going in but not out, video at the Libby Bench, etc., then end these discussions. Report any rumors and leave out the social media junk.
Whoa! Nobody has suggested there was "consensual sex on the bench"! :eek: We have merely speculated that it might be used as a possible line of defence.

The same with Libby being seen in the car - or not. We are just guessing as to what evidence the police may have.

I agree that it's important to keep our feet on the ground and keep reminding ourselves of what is known fact and what is not, but if we're not allowed to speculate on such things then we may as well shut up shop.

Perhaps a glossary at the head of the next thread?

'A User's Guide to British People: their lives, customs and dialect'
In the mean time there's this - VISITOR'S GUIDE TO 'ULL

big-smile2-smiley.gif

ETA: This might be helpful though - UK - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette | global-etiquette | resources

Just a thought - how well could PR speak English, if at all?

It was said he needed an interpreter in court so his English can’t have been that good.

If this is the case, would he and LS have even been able to have had a conversation at the bench?

Would he have known how to offer her a lift in English? She was very drunk and it’s likely she couldn’t speak coherently at the time and I seriously doubt she’d be able to understand Polish, or even he understand much English.

Also bear in mind at the time he would have had only a minute or so to have convinced her to get in the car. See my earlier post regarding max walking distances from the car in the time frame of the Spidercam footage.

Seems very profound that a guy who speaks fractured English would have been able to convince a heavily intoxicated girl to get in his car in just a minute or so.

Whoa! Nobody has suggested there was "consensual sex on the bench"! :eek: We have merely speculated that it might be used as a possible line of defence.

The same with Libby being seen in the car - or not. We are just guessing as to what evidence the police may have.

I agree that it's important to keep our feet on the ground and keep reminding ourselves of what is known fact and what is not, but if we're not allowed to speculate on such things then we may as well shut up shop.
Thanks I re-read the post that seemed to present it as fact and edited my post. My apologies.
Just to make clear distinction between fact and theory include links when possible even links back to a particular post are helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member