Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

Unsure if you missed this - the car was actually parked for around 20 minutes. The consensus seems to be that he'd spoken to her more than once in that time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

We know very little. We certainly don't know anything at all about alleged consensual encounters in the playing field. That may be supposition. Libby would be too drunk to consent to anything so no consensual defence would work anyway. All we have is police searching the playing fields,

We have MSM reports that he told his sister he met a crying girl that wanted to go home so that's what he intended to do. She also reports he told her he'd put Libby's address in his Sat Nav. 'That ties in with CCTV footage that comes from a reputable enough source to make it likely it shows PR getting Libby into his car. So we are are fairly sure he picked her up on Haworth street at about 12.09

We knew the police had sufficient stuff on him to get permission to question him up to the maximum 96 hours which is difficult. Each extension can only be granted if LE present new evidence and new lines of questioning.

We know at the end LE charged him with unrelated crimes of a sexually deviant nature.

We know LE are interested in 4 people seen on CCTV coming away from the park between 1.12am and 2.30am. Those People haven't come forward despite having been asked 4 times

That's it.

3. yakus1964

yakus1964 Active Member

Yes, you've said that before, and I already knew. But we can't be sure whether that's true or not.
    There's a theory that Greybeard was there when he first tried to approach her, so maybe GB would have seen PR/the suspect and could recall what he looked like.

Mommysleuth11 likes this.
  4. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

Signal is a passive measure of the strength of the radio waves coming from the tower

theblackstuff and Vermont24 like this.
  5. Woollybear

Woollybear Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right about the drunk thing of course. Silly of me not to have thought of that. I thought however that it had been reported that the suspect had claimed LS "threw herself" at him. But yes, you are right, it wouldn't stand up in court. So all we can really say is that some sort of encounter involving the park bench (presumably, since the police became suddenly very interested in it) may have taken place, and the outcome of it was unknown. Unless the police have something they are withholding for now.

6. Vermont24

This is what was reported by MSM. You're correct in that we can't be sure if it's true or not. By that same token, you can't claim that he only had a minute to convince her to get into the car.

Lyndaloo, kate2931, Joelle88 and 3 others like this.
  7. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I guess this is aimed at long term members.

Is it rare to have so little information in the public domain in a investigation?

wishingitwas1978 and jessie like this.
  8. yakus1964

yakus1964 Active Member

The banks of the Humber are quite beach like and very muddy/claggy. Unless he got into a boat and dumped it further out or somehow threw it off the Humber Bridge (he almost certainly would have been seen doing this so highly unlikely) then it would not have ended up in the middle of the estuary near Spurn Head, on its way into the North Sea.

The River Hull actually flows right into the Humber (would you believe it?) so anything floating or being carried by its currents would have ended up being spat into the flow of the Humber rather than just onto the sandy banks, and would have been carried out by the tides.

Mommysleuth11 and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  9. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Have not been here long but the cases I have followed have been similar IMO. LE keeping everything to themselves, which is understandable as they do not want the person responsible to know everything they know but disappointing to us because we want to solve the case.

Lyndaloo, bos and Skigh like this.
  10. Steleheart

Steleheart Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Not rare - seems like SOP to me. Frustrating - but then I find out after, that while everything is quiet they were mounting a ton (tonne?) of evidence.
    We only find out what they need the public's help with or what is necessary to inform the public.
    JMO

11. yakus1964

yakus1964 Active Member

I just find it unlikely and strange that he'd go to her, go back to his car for a fag, go back to LS and then get her to come with him. Seems very odd. Which is what I mean by the Greybeard theory, because if he had tried to speak to her whilst GB was there, GB would definitely have noticed him. Surely if GB and PR's paths never crossed he would have only gone once and would have got her back to his car maybe in a similar amount of time.

Mommysleuth11 and Newthoughts like this.
  12. yakus1964

yakus1964 Active Member

Does anyone know what time GB helped LS?

13. cherrytree9

cherrytree9 Well-Known Member

Like others have said, I don't think we actually know anything about his level of English? Only that his wife asked a neighbour to talk to the landlord and that he had an interpreter in court. Anyone dealing with a legal system in their non-native language would use an interpreter. It doesn't mean that he literally can't understand anything being said to him.

Obviously we don't know what was said that night, but you don't need to be completely fluent to, for example, ask if someone needs help or if they need a lift.

bos and Vermont24 like this.
  14. Vermont24

The CCTV footage does start with him outside of the car, at midnight, returning from the direction of the bench - a short distance away, as you know. He's already been in the area for 12 minutes at that point. The bench wouldn't have been visible from inside of the car, so I've got to suspect that he's already spent the majority of his time outside of it, or going back and forth.

15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

theblackstuff likes this.
  16. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I don't think we even know this, do we? Unless there's a version I've missed. I thought the sister's account was uncredited, because I thought at the time that it could have been his wife that gave the sister this story.

17. bos

bos Well-Known Member

Fairly usual I’d say. This case is a bit different in that the main suspect has a pending court case for other offences.

In the disappearance and subsequent murder case of Becky Watts, the only direct LE appeal I can remember was regarding previous ownership of a vehicle.

kate2931 and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  18. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Could PR have been watching for the driver of the car parked in front of him to return and drive away before he made his advances to Libby?

19. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

Absolutely normal TheCasual. Police are under no obligation to release anything to do with their investigation.

Maybe sometimes public witness of CCTV may be asked to assist, but little else.

If you follow a case to trial you will be astonished how much information the prosecution has in their possession at the trial. None of this would have been made public.
    I'm sure plod are beavering away behind the scenes.

20. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

I am not necessarily sure he would have talked to her but could have accessed the situation. Maybe to see her condition or had to abort due to vehicles or such. The final time became the most opportune moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.