Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I had many greats times there as a kid.

It just felt so strange looking at something so beautiful, but with such a sinister tale embedded in all that beauty.

2. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Is there a picture or diagram of just the street, where PR was parked, where the bench would be, bus stop, etc? Just trying to figure out for myself what direction they were coming from before getting in the car. TIA

3. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

You mean...like a map? Google maps?

4. Katykins

Katykins Active Member

He did take some risks as I would guess being a main road at midnight on a Thursday there’d have been cars back and forth. Maybe not many pedestrians though given the -5 conditions. However, I guess if anyone would have seen PR and LS going to his car, as they were similar in age passers by may not have thought twice.

I echo what @Vermont24 said earlier about feeling sad that Libby hadn’t turned left instead of right out of Beresford and may have been spotted by a bouncer or patron of the Haworth

5. Joelle88

Joelle88 Well-Known Member

Exactly the same as Beresford Park.

6. ChiCubs2016

I will look at google. I was just thinking of where he was parked and the direction, where the bench is sort of thing. Is the bench on the other side of the street from where he parked. I have been trying to figure this out in my mind almost since the beginning, not sure why it has taking me so long to ask.

Enquirer-2019 and Newthoughts like this.
  7. Vermont24

Google Maps

The bench is to the right of this view. Continue over the bollards, which streetview allows, and you'll find yourself on Haworth Street with the blue gates and location of spidercam to your right.

8. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

I think you're right - there had been speculation here about whether one could have been Libby.

Is this also the first time that reasons they may not have come forward had been given? It's been discussed here but I'm sure this is the first time in MSM. Including being involved

9. ChiCubs2016

Gotcha, this finally makes all the sense in the world. I always thought the bench was on Haworth and could never find one. Not I see why they were coming from the direction they were coming from. I should have asked this a long time ago!! Thank you!!

10. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

You need to speak kindly to our brilliant sketch map expert!

11. ChiCubs2016

Now that @Vermont24 has straightened me out (thanks again) I have to believe PR saw LS before parking on Haworth and spent his entire time there figuring out how to get her in his car. MOO.

12. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

My daughter always said she would have headed for the University library - warm, well lit and open 24 hours. However looking at it now the quickest route would have been down Haworth road. Straight past PR.

So many missed opportunities to help her. So, so sad.

13. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

It is a bit gruesome but last week I had a search online and found various pathology lectures. Fingerprints can still be taken even if the skin has separated from the hands, ( Like a glove) as it does after weeks in the water. The Pathologist can use the skin only to get fingerprints.
    Apart from that fact, how well preserved a body would be over-all in cold flowing sea water seems to have quite a lot of variables.

14. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

If you fall behind on these threads it will take you 2 days to catch up, so i have learned.

Interesting chat again about "spidercam" which led me to go back and re-watch.

I have seen lots of differnet things in that footage and im sure someone (many threads ago) mentioned they thought the placing of an object into the car, could actually be a first attempt to get someone into the car. Im pretty certain now i agree with this.
    It looks as though someone is manouvered towards the car and makes an attempt to move away again, there is some movement almost behind the back door that i mentioned a few days ago (remember sliver/slither) and then person actually gets in. I dont think Libby voluntarily entered his car. I also dont think 90 seconds (he was out of shot) is long enough to walk to the bench, have any level of persuasive conversation (with a drunk person, in a foreign language) and walk back to the car. I dont think a conversation took place at all.

15. Vermont24

You're welcome. Compared to cities in the US, British cities can be odd to navigate - no grid pattern or uniform layout etc.

16. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Except Milton Keynes!

Been spending quite a lot of time there (virtually) on Leah's case and I'm fascinated by the design.

ly502, Al Ka, Enquirer-2019 and 10 others like this.
  17. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Isn't MK only about 60 years old?

18. bos

bos Well-Known Member

I have also seen a view someone took from road

Attached Files:

19. Vermont24

I've got socks older than Milton Keynes, so the saying probably goes.

Enquirer-2019, Traymar, Zazie and 5 others like this.
  20. yoyo1

yoyo1 Well-Known Member

Maps are like buses , you ask for one and you get 3.
    Map from the entrance to Beresford Road facing the bench.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.