Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go...

The quiet street where life has changed forever since Libby's death

Residents living just metres away from where Libby Squire was last seen alive have spoken out about how her death has impacted their lives and the street they call home.

Following the disappearance of the 21-year-old Hull University student, Haworth Street, off Cottingham Road, became an integral part of the police investigation to find her.
Yet again mention of students using that street before Libby disappeared!

I still wonder did he really just see Libby by chance that night and park there or did he park there to wait for for someone like Libby to just come along. If he did, how many times had he been there before? If it was just chance how did he know it was such a good place to park for what happened?

By the very end it's dark. He would not have expected Spidercam. The bench at the end where Libby was last seen is also very dark.

I can see why Students would use Haworth street a lot. The University is on Cottingham road.

Not so much PR tho. There are shops and supermarkets nearer to his home. Newlands avenue has just about everything and it's round the corner from him.

I do wonder now if that's where Libby was heading - to friends on campus who would have phones to contact her friends at the Welly. My child had said she'd head to the uni if she didn't have her key.

Could any local explain why Haworth street would be known enough to a family man from Raglan road for him to use it to abduct someone?

Interesting that two of the people interviewed don't seem confident of PR's involvement:

' it just makes you think whether police are getting any closer to finding the person who did this.'
&
'You worry that the person who did this is still out there'

Though perhaps if anyone did make a comment like 'I'm glad the police have got the likely culprit locked up' the press wouldn't report that, to avoid prejudicing any future trial?
If guilty PR may not have acted alone. I hope he did but I'm not sure.

Apart from fred and rose, abduction/murder do not tend to be accomplice type crimes. They are generally a lone perp with a sexual motive. I can think of a dozen or so 'men' off the top of my head.

Im still not buying a connection to Paull either, there is literally zero evidence to support that theory at this time IMO.

I get its important to cover all eventualities when seeking the truth but seriously i just feel some 'theories' are plucked from nowhere and suddenly become akin to fact.

Devastated that her family still dont have answers/charges. This must be a living hell for them, i think of them every day.

I do wonder now if that's where Libby was heading - to friends on campus who would have phones to contact her friends at the Welly. My child had said she'd head to the uni if she didn't have her key.

But if Libby was heading to uni, why hang around for 30 minutes in the freezing cold? Within a few minutes of arriving in the vicinity of the bench she's had a stranger approach her, but it didn't prompt her to move on; was she struggling with where she was?

My thoughts were that GB could have possible seen Libby fall on the pavement or when trying to cross the road and guided her to the bench.
We do not know how long he spent with her checking she was o.k.
Once sat on the bench she might have dozed
for a while.

That article is very informative on the process of identifying drowning victims. It is quite harrowing how decomposed the bodies were after a short time.

Poor Libby had potentially been in the water for weeks. Thankfully we have more advanced technology which can assist in identification with such cases but it must be so traumatic for the family. I really hope they get some answers soon and can lay Libby to rest.

But if Libby was heading to uni, why hang around for 30 minutes in the freezing cold? Within a few minutes of arriving in the vicinity of the bench she's had a stranger approach her, but it didn't prompt her to move on; was she struggling with where she was?

Because even if you have a semi-logical idea when you are absolutely guttered, it can be hard to hold onto that idea.I know when I was younger,and frequently got very drunk ,that in situations which really required me to be more sober that I’d speak to myself internally in order to focus on my aim. Your grip on any internal mantra can be quite fragile and evaporate when interrupted. I think it’s quite possible to find yourself somewhere and unable to recall why.

It is nearly a month since the first PM.
so I think a second PM will have happened or will be happening very soon.
If I were investigating this and had the luxury of the potential perpetrator being behind bars, I would rather wait for the impartial PM done at the coroner’s request than charge and give the defence the chance to choose their pathologist.

I did wonder about that.Though at a trial would it carry more weight if the defence had been allowed to do their own PM?
could it be questioned why PR was not charged earlier so allowing him to do this?

Im still not buying a connection to Paull either, there is literally zero evidence to support that theory at this time IMO.

I get its important to cover all eventualities when seeking the truth but seriously i just feel some 'theories' are plucked from nowhere and suddenly become akin to fact....

Well, only that there were reports of a sighting of a possible body off Paull that the police took very seriously at the time, and then, a few weeks later, Libby's body was found in the Humber estuary.

Live as police resume search after 'body' seen in Humber Estuary

I'm not sure which theories have become 'akin to fact' on this forum? Most posters are careful to make it clear that they are talking 'in theory' as there is, in fact, zero actual evidence of anything which can explain what happened to Libby once she vanished from the bench area that night.

Last edited:
Well, only that there were reports of a sighting of a possible body off Paull that the police took very seriously at the time, and then, a few weeks later, Libby's body was found in the Humber estuary.

Live as police resume search after 'body' seen in Humber Estuary

I'm not sure which theories have become 'akin to fact' on this forum? Most posters are careful to make it clear that they are talking 'in theory' as there is, in fact, zero actual evidence of anything which can explain what happened to Libby once she vanished from the bench area that night.

Just my opinion but I think Libby would have been lost out to sea if she had been put in the water anywhere in the Humber (at the time of her disappearance) especially Paull which is much closer to the sea than say St Andrew's Dock or The Humber Bridge.

Just my opinion but I think there would have been much more police activity in different areas including Paull if they thought Libby was taken further than the park.
I think they have some evidence that concentrated their searches there.
I do agree with you, Skigh, that the police must hopefully have had good reasons for deciding to search the areas that they did and perhaps continue to focus on.
I guess the reason people have been theorising about disposal sites is because there's been so much talk about the river - how easy or difficult it is to access, how deep it is, how much mud, how fast flowing it is and so on... and this led to discussions about, for example, Paull, especially as we have photographic evidence of the person under investigation having visited the Deep at least once in his lifetime.

I do wonder if they have cctv or witness evidence of PR visiting the park the next day and walking along
the footpath.
I think Vincent Tabak drove past the site where he left Jo Yeates
I think the temptation to go and check the place in day light must be quite strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail