Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oulton

Oulton Active Member

I’m starting to think that someone else is also involved, hence no charges yet.

Lyndaloo and Newthoughts like this.
  2. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

I agree. I wondered that the minute the Croda CCTV assumed such significance. Jmo but I wonder what we didn't see on Spidercam

3. Oulton

Oulton Active Member

Yes. That. Exactly that.

4. Winterbells

Winterbells Well-Known Member

But if there was someone else on Spidercam (or 'Webcam' as someone cleverly pointed out we should have called it) surely they'd be in the car, in which case, why did the driver lock it?

5. Newthoughts

I think if there was someone else on webcam (good name) we'd have been shown or ITV or LE would have mentioned it. I was thinking more in terms of him calling or texting someone. I don't think there was anyone else of interest there.

If there was someone else, and that's just my opinion that it's possible, my guess would be one of the 4 on the Croda CCTV.

bluenoser and Mommysleuth11 like this.
  6. Winterbells

Winterbells Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, yes.

7. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

I just think if someone else was involved, they’d have told something to someone else and it would have been hard to keep it secret. Like if you lived with, say, that first guy running on the cctv, you’d have wondered where he was going at 1am in the morning? If you suspected something you’d have challenged him. Loyalties change, as with Levi Bellfield, his ex card forward with evidence that pinned him down to MD’s murder. So if someone knows that their partner/family member was involved, potentially there’s more likelihood they’d tell someone else....and the rumours would spread.

I know I’m rambling, but what I mean is if someone else helped, the chances are more information would have spread... am I making sense?

8. Newthoughts

Yes perfect sense. I also think in support of that view that PR would have been quite eager to point a finger away from himself if he'd had an accomplice he could try and blame. I don't think he was helped btw - I thought partner in crime

On the other hand did take a very long while for Levi Bellfield's partner to come forward. She was terrified of him. There are other case where family members or partners have protected perpetrator's. Sometimes because they cannot believe they'd do it. Sometimes because they're scared.

PRs wife must have wondered where he was when he was out waving his willy. The boxing day flashing had a drawing that people have said looks like him. Efits from York look like him. Did she ever make the connection.

Maybe rumours have spread to the police already?

Lyndaloo, ChiCubs2016 and Plod like this.
  9. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

Maybe she never read English websites or papers, so never saw the e fits etc. As she had newborn, maybe she didn’t have a chance to see what he was doing. Potentially now she’s seeing things she never noticed before... like he gave for late night wanderings.

Enquirer-2019 and Newthoughts like this.
  10. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

If there is not enough evidence for homicide. I wonder if they will charge for abduction?

11. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

This is what ended up happening in the murder of Christina Morris in the US. Suspect was convicted of kidnapping and is serving a life sentence.

Officer Dibble and Skigh like this.
  12. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Member

Interesting thought. I would expect that their problem (if they have a problem) is that they can't prove abduction/coercion. If they could then that would lead onto a charge for homicide. Without this proof, then he can argue that he left her wherever/whenever and she was alive. If she died while abducted or escaping abduction then manslaughter/murder would seem unarguable.

All guesswork of course ;-)

Enquirer-2019, Oulton and Skigh like this.
  13. Vermont24

Vermont24 Well-Known Member

14. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I know this is agony for Libby's family but It gives me hope they are still waiting for some test results before arresting someone.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I am surprised that this was not reported early in the case.

16. bos

bos Well-Known Member

Deciding to go round to the back of the house to get in and getting disorientated? Doubtful we’ll ever know.

I’m sure her friends all feel bad but if true, that housemate must feel horrendous.

I agree with Cags that it explains the quick realisation that Libby was missing. Although the first plea on Facebook was 01:12, they may have done a physical search in the immediate vicinity before speaking publically.

The amount of missed opportunities in this case is absolutely tragic.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  17. Newthoughts

If it's true. Her parents suggested a forgotten key. I wonder who gave the address to the taxi driver and if she was supposed to go to someone else's house that hadn't gone out ?

18. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm buying this at all.

All along we have had speculation about a missing key, even her parents hinted at it.

Why would she need a key if someone was at home?

And if there was someone at home would they not be looking out for her and have seen the commotion when she fell and was helped up by housemates?

Nowhere anywhere has it been mentioned that someone was at the house waiting for her.

19. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Yeh it's possible I suppose just think we would have heard about it before now really unless it was such an insignificant point that nobody mentioned it.

Skigh likes this.
  20. Newthoughts

I agree with you.

Plod and Skigh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.