Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend spoke to a retired LE tonight about this enquiry .The word homicide the retired LE man believes it's just an Americanism. it's either murder or manslaughter here but until either one is proven the word is used perhaps so not to prejudice the enquiry at this stage just his opinion . For what it's worth he believes PMs take so long now because there are fewer and fewer coroner's ?

Did anyone watch 'Forensics: The Real CSI'? The term homicide was used in that when they thought there had been someone else involved in a man's death when they found a bloody knife near a body in a blood-stained flat, but didn't know initally if it was a deliberate attack or self-defence during a fight.

(Actually turned out to be a suicide).

Did anyone watch 'Forensics: The Real CSI'? The term homicide was used in that when they thought there had been someone else involved in a man's death when they found a bloody knife near a body in a blood-stained flat, but didn't know initally if it was a deliberate attack or self-defence during a fight.

(Actually turned out to be a suicide).
Excellent programme

Excellent programme
It really is.
The latest episode (3) was really interesting. Made me wonder if the house to house enquiries on Haworth Street were about asking people if they had cctv. Also the searches in the back of PRs street made me wonder about discarded clothing. Interesting what digital forensics can reveal as well - google searches the suspect has made etc.

Other interesting bits in the real csi programme were about the way the police form forensic strategies to decide what to test forensically because once they’ve tested samples, they’ve lost much of the material, so they need to make sure they preserve whatever material they’ve got and only test it for the right things. All of this episode made me understand better why these things need to take so long.

Other interesting bits in the real csi programme were about the way the police form forensic strategies to decide what to test forensically because once they’ve tested samples, they’ve lost much of the material, so they need to make sure they preserve whatever material they’ve got and only test it for the right things. All of this episode made me understand better why these things need to take so long.

Only seen epusode 1, but this ^^ was covered on another programme, maybe the BBC4 forensics documentary series? It was done so that there is material available in case the defence request further tests, and because techniques are always improving and no point in wasting evidence if a current test will be of no use.

Not sure what you mean. Post mortems are carried out by pathologists. Coroners
preside over inquests.
Agree @Cherwell. My quote does sound muddled .Apologies I ment to say Inquests
I think it was my hearing of the conversation indirectly .'re Coroners
There will be a further inquest after the initial short adjourned one in March after LS was tragically discovered? .Hopefully this next inquest may reveal cause of death or findings at some stage or very soon now . Regarding the quote about Coroner shortage it would be unimaginable for the results of LS death to be known yet held back from LS family (let alone the public for so long because there was a delay in getting a Coroner. LS investigation must be a priority case surely?

Last edited:

Yes but the cause of death will be determined by the pathologist who does the post-mortem. The inquest decides how the death is categorised, ie natural causes, accident, suicide etc.
The linked article is about inconsistencies of classification in different coroners' verdicts. Some of these may be driven by the introduction of the "narrative verdict" which was introduced in 2004. I don't see any mention of a shortage of coroners though.

Agree @Cherwell. My quote does sound muddled .Apologies I ment to say Inquests
I think it was my hearing of the conversation indirectly .'re Coroners
There will be a further inquest after the initial short adjourned one in March after LS was tragically discovered? .Hopefully this next inquest may reveal cause of death or findings at some stage or very soon now . Regarding the quote about Coroner shortage it would be unimaginable for the results of LS death to be known yet held back from LS family (let alone the public for so long because there was a delay in getting a Coroner. LS investigation must be a priority case surely?
Without wishing to say anything political - privatising forensic testing in 2012 won't have helped with costs and speed either.

https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.a...phe-warns-godfather-of-forensics-7606789.html

Yes but the cause of death will be determined by the pathologist who does the post-mortem. The inquest decides how the death is categorised, ie natural causes, accident, suicide etc.
The linked article is about inconsistencies of classification in different coroners' verdicts. Some of these may be driven by the introduction of the "narrative verdict" which was introduced in 2004. I don't see any mention of a shortage of coroners though.
@Cherwell I was quoting a remark made to a friend by a retired policeman about a shortage of Coroners. I havent ound anything in searches to confirm this too.I was enquiring about PM procedure
Thanks for clarifying this .

To be honest even with privatisation, shortages and with some forensics that take a while to process we really are an unusually long time down the line now since PM

Still check in here and think of Libby and her family every day. Still hoping that justice will be served for them all.
Saddened that the thread has finally fallen silent but i dont think this if from a lack of thoughts for Libby, more theres nothing much can be said right now.

A week last Saturday I went to my mates who lives on Phillip Larkin Close, just off Beverley Road.

We had a few beers and then went to watch the football at Haworth Arms before going to see Noel Gallagher.

We had to walk past 'Libby's' bench. It's almost like a little garden in that little alcove. So beautiful.

After the gig we ended up in Welly for a 'Madchester' themed after party.

Amazing night, but the sadness still lingers around that area.

Another thing is my mates wife said it was well know there was a flasher in the area. But the police just wasn't that interested.

Check in at this thread regularly, hoping for news of an arrest . Alas , nothing . Thoughts to the family .

A week last Saturday I went to my mates who lives on Phillip Larkin Close, just off Beverley Road.

We had a few beers and then went to watch the football at Haworth Arms before going to see Noel Gallagher.

We had to walk past 'Libby's' bench. It's almost like a little garden in that little alcove. So beautiful.

After the gig we ended up in Welly for a 'Madchester' themed after party.

Amazing night, but the sadness still lingers around that area.

Another thing is my mates wife said it was well know there was a flasher in the area. But the police just wasn't that interested.

Thanks for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members