Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterbells

Winterbells Well-Known Member

The fact that the police are mentioning that they're preparing a file for the CPS can only mean they're getting ready to charge someone, surely?

2. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I do think his other crimes complicated the investigation. That's why they were granted 96 hours to question him IMO.

3. Loobyloo

Loobyloo Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the only reason they'd be doing it. The CPS has to approve any potential charge on serious crimes such as rape/murder.

4. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

I'd guess the amount of stuff that must have come back when they sent off his prints and DNA must have been overwhelming. Along with stolen property some of which dated back two years.

5. cocomisty

cocomisty Well-Known Member

The mum of Libby Squire says she is humbled by the moving artwork created at the memorial bench to honour the Hull University student.

Well-known local artist Neil ‘Posto’ Deanes has painted a striking image of an angel surrounded by white roses.

Posting on Mr Deane’s Facebook page, Lisa Squire said: “You have done a beautiful job. Libby would love it.

“I’m sure wherever she is, she will look down and be truly humbled that something so beautiful has been created for her.

Libby's mum's moving words as 'beautiful' art appears at her bench

[​IMG]

6. Newthoughts

My child says that despite graffiti everywhere else, Libby's bench is left untouched.

It is a beautiful image.

7. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

You’re not part Northern Irish are you Newthoughts? Don’t usually hear the term “my child” beyond these parts!

That’s beautiful re the artwork and respect for it.

EricaAmbrose1 and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  8. Newthoughts

Irish parents.

9. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

Still no mention of Libby’s funeral. I wonder have they chosen to have it very very quietly. I imagine that most of her home town and friends from Hull would want to be there , but maybe the family just wanted it extremely small. Can’t blame them if they did.

10. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking the same. Wondering if Libby has been laid to rest quietly and as you say, we can completely understand the family’s wishes if so.

11. Newthoughts

It could be they wanted it to be private and our awful press respected that?. Must be heartbreaking to see your beautiful daughters name in the press knowing that somewhere in that article the way she died and her killer will be mentioned.

Eight months now.

Lyndaloo, ChiCubs2016 and Sally4x like this.
  12. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Still checking back most days to see if there's any news - it's all gone so quiet.

Niner, HayLouise, Newthoughts and 4 others like this.
  13. Sally4x

Sally4x Well-Known Member

I think we are all just waiting for charges and I hope they come.

14. motherofdaughters

motherofdaughters Well-Known Member

Me too, I can't help but think this will remain an unsolved case.

Ruthbullock and Newthoughts like this.
  15. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

I wondered the same regards a funeral I hope the family can get just a little comfort from it
    I also thought they may have been further developments regards the inquest and cause of death

16. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

I'm glad to hear this. So many "taggers", as we call them in America, will spray anything and everything.

Noseyjosie and Newthoughts like this.
  17. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

I feel the same. The CPS had 5 days to decide whether they had to drop charges due to insufficient evidence (which they obviously haven’t done)- but still no court date or any further information. Which leads me to think that a lot is circumstantial and whilst it may go to court may not be enough. What I have said before and still believe is what worries me is how many other voyeurism, rape and murders there have been in that locality around that time with people being jailed in the meantime- have any of these people even been suspected? They have all their eggs in one basket from the outside (and not enough eggs to proceed quickly).

18. Newthoughts

I am sure the police have the right person but I'm less sure they have the only person. I also wonder if he's done a lot more than he was convicted of that the police couldn't charge him with?

The prosecution asked for the cases he didn't plead guilty to to be left on file. Does anyone know if that was granted? Those were the thefts that appeared to be less sexually motivated. They also included possession of a stolen phone. An odd one to plead not guilty to if you assume, like the other stuff, it was found in his possession.

19. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

Unless it was reported stolen by the victim, along with the other items, but not found in his possession.

20. Newthoughts

Possibly but the charge was dated November 2018 and specifically listed as 'taking receipt of a Samsung S9 that didn't belong to him'. And listed under the category of receiving stolen goods not burglary.

Therefore it couldn't be Ventnor road as that was January 2019.

The S9 was released in March 2018. Therefore the only burglary it could have been linked to was was the Aug 2018 one where he stole money. I'd have thought they'd have listed it with those items as it would be difficult to state that money has been found in his possession.

It was also one of the later charges against him.

If he'd taken it from a victim of Voyeurism wouldn't it be theft of some form rather than receiving stolen goods?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.