Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Marulinka

Marulinka Well-Known Member

Sadly given recent charges it seems more and more likely

2. Marulinka

Marulinka Well-Known Member

So the croda cctv must have been relevant. Who knows perhaps the witnesses came forward afterall?

3. Happygirlie2003

Happygirlie2003 Active Member

I joined websleuths for the first time through following this case and it is with great sadness to see the news yesterday although like every follower i absolutely want to see this excuse for a human being kept behind bars for the rest of his life. I’ve been so compelled throughout because for some reason I feel like I knew this beautiful intelligent girl who was so loved by her family and friends. It has struck me as a mum of two girls that this seemingly random attack could affect any family and it could have been any student in the wrong place at the wrong time. What a scary world we live in. I can only hope the justice system makes sure this sexual deviant never has the opportunity to harm anyone ever again. His poor wife and kids; clearly two families life’s ruined by one mans abominable acts of terror

4. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

I agree .. given the amount of time in the water I would be surprised if rape could be shown ..but not 100% on that ...though I also wonder has he claimed to have had "consenting" sex with her in the park and the police are using the screams and the fact she was so intoxicated as the evidence rightly needed

5. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

As she was clearly too drunk to consent it should be an easy charge. But horrible for her parents to heat

6. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why they spent so long analysing the bench in the park. They found something to place them there?

7. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

They didn't spend long at that bench at all if I remember rightly (and it's been a while!) CSI rocked up 9ish at night, put some evidence markers down, took some photos and were gone again fairly quickly.

I reckon that happened because PR admitted he and Libby had sex on that bench. Of course he would say it was consensual and, while there may not be proof either way, police can make it a rape charge due to Libby being so drunk.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  8. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

I definitely think it was relevant. Forensics turned up in the pitch black to analyse the park bench, and placed markers down. I can't remember how long they were there, but from memory it wasn't a particularly long time.

9. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

10. CoverMeCagney

I know, haha! They weren't there long, were they? I remember us being surprised they came and left so fast, and all in the dark. I can't recall when it was now, but I think they were questioning PR at the time and I reckon he directed them there - he might even have been taken there that night to physically show them which bench.

11. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Just went back and checked, it was the 9th February!

[​IMG]

Hull Live were taking photos, this was one I posted from their live updates. Couldn't quote my post now that thread is closed!

12. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Ok, so forensics seemed to arrive at the park at approx. 7:45pm and were gone by 9pm.

13. CoverMeCagney

Yeah not long at all. It was very specific and clearly from some sort of intelligence rather than a general search.

14. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

I suppose the police has not disclosed what Libby was wearing when she was found?

Because I am guessing that it wasn't easy to find any forensics on the body, to point to rape. They will have to build up a case, in order to conclude that there was no other explanation except that she was raped and murdered. And PR was the only person with the opportunity.

Defence will be expected to argue along the lines of Libby being intoxicated, and fell into the water and drowned by accident.

15. Noseyjosie

Noseyjosie Well-Known Member

BBM

JMO I but we don't actually know the cause of death do we? For it to be murder - and I think it was homicide as soon as poor Libby's body recovered - I'm assuming there were signs of deliberate injury :(
    I just hope they nail him

16. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

If this thread closes and talks carry on elsewhere, please notify me someone. thank you. Rest in Peace Libby.

jiminy, jamjim, ChiCubs2016 and 2 others like this.
  17. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I wonder why there is no abduction charge, only rape and murder. Any thoughts about that anyone?

18. Newthoughts

If there was any sort of possibility she ran into the water would CPS have allowed a murder charge? And would they have used the term homicide rather than suspicious to describe her death?

I still don't think falling into that river was something she could easily have done. Sloping banks etc. That's just my opinion.

If PR, at any point claimed he had 'sex' with her then surely he's inadvertently admitted rape because there are numerous witnesses to state she was not capable of giving consent.

I do wonder if that's where the rape charge comes from. Though if he was sure she wouldn't be found I don't know why he'd say that other than to account for times he was seen on CCTV, i.e. to explain why he was so long in the park.

That might would explain the time frames where LE asked for info and could explain the Croda CCTV timings.

But that's just my opinion and too long and horrible.

My opinions only

19. Sally4x

Sally4x Well-Known Member

IMO that has always been my thinking - he told the police that he had picked her up to take her home, but she came on to him and they went to the park and had consensual sex on the bench and then she ran off and he never saw her again. I think he told them that tale from the very beginning once he knew they had the spidercam footage of her getting in his car and him driving off. I also think they didn’t have evidence to disprove what he said even though they knew it was rubbish and they knew exactly what he had done. They were so lucky finding her body that day before she disappeared forever, but of course we don’t know what they have found from the post mortem. I don’t think he has confessed and I also don’t think they have found the people they asked for from CCTV. I think they believe they have enough evidence to persuade a jury of his guilt and get a conviction. Well I hope so anyway. I am guessing he will plead not guilty, force a trial and then we will see what his story is of that night and also what the police knew that we didn’t. I always believed he had killed her from the very beginning, but didn’t know how it could be proved. I really hope it can be.

Those who thought he didn’t act alone, do you still think that or are you now satisfied he did do this alone?

20. Newthoughts

I'm one of those that thought he'd had an accomplice and my opinion has now changed. I'd wondered if had part of the delay had been waiting to apprehend or extradite someone but it hasn't happened. I now think my opinion was wrong.

Like you I believed he'd killed her from nearly the beginning. Ever since he was charged with the Ventnor Road burglary back in Feb I've thought that. From what I'd heard that burglary was clearly sexually motivated and premeditated. I think the fact the girls that lived there were out meant they had a very lucky escape

I don't think he'll have confessed to anything either. My opinion is the story he fed his sister about the crying girl was going to be his initial claim. I wonder if he then claimed he'd had 'sex' to explain something else - maybe time in the park. Hence the rape charge. Unless there is other evidence.

I think the one true part of his story to his sister is that Libby was crying which I find strangely heartbreaking.

The only other opinion I have is that if Libby hadn't been there that night we'd still be here discussing a murder charge against PR. I think he was just waiting for a victim.