Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Any news on what date in March is the court hearing yet? TIA!

Smccat and Mind your biscuits like this.

2. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Hi Niner, I still can't see a specific date quoted anywhere. As the court case is June 2, I would expect the March date to be early in the month, as it's usually about 3 months out from the trial.

3. Niner

Thank you for checking for me Alyce! Much appreciated. And yes, I have 6/2 as his trial date. I'll put in my notes "early" March then.

4. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

One year on - rip Libby. Thinking of her family and friends over the next few dats.

5. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

Me too. A year ago today she should have had her whole life ahead of her instead she had unimaginable horror.

6. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Thinking of Libby, her family, her partner and all her friends. It's horrible to think this day last year should have just been another regular day and life should have gone on for her.
    RIP Libby.

7. Mommysleuth11

Mommysleuth11 Well-Known Member

Just popped in to express my thoughts for Libbys family. Feeling such sadness its been a whole year she has been gone. Rest peacefully beautiful lady. I hope her family can find some peace and comfort over the coming days.

8. Newthoughts

9. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

10. HopeForGoodNews

HopeForGoodNews Well-Known Member

Thinking of Libby, her family and friends tonight.

11. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Been thinking about Libby and her family and friends since yesterday. There is nothing anyone can say to make the pain of this anniversary any better for those who love and miss her but I hope that they are choosing to celebrate Libby's memory and her life today in whatever way they can. Thousands of folks around the country and the world were touched by Libby's story and they will all remember her too. It may be a cliché but Libby really is gone but not forgotten. <3

crhedBngr, kate2931, Sally4x and 8 others like this.
  12. Sally4x

Sally4x Well-Known Member

Just popped on to say that I have also been thinking about Libby the past few days. I didn’t post yesterday because my youngest daughter who is only a few weeks younger than Libby was visiting. My daughter has just bought her first house and all I could think about was all these life events that Libby will now miss out on. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time and I hope that justice will be served this year.

13. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Thanks Alyce

ChiCubs2016 and Niner like this.
  14. Kelumbo

Kelumbo Well-Known Member

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  15. Newthoughts

A visit to my child in Hull this weekend. Libby's bench has survived the storms - always heartbreaking to see and to see how close she was to safety. And chilling to see how very small the area in which PR operated was. People are still leaving flowers.

This time we stayed close to the Deep - where the River Hull (which flows from the park that the police searched) enters the Humber estuary (where her body was finally found). We even went to the beautiful nature reserve at Spurn Point which I think was close to where her body was found - or at least adjacent to it - tho I'm not clear.

For other non locals two things really stood out. The first was how busy that part of the River Hull is. It seemed to be fast flowing at that point (tho how much of that is due to the weather I don't know) but is surrounded by restaurants, pubs and shops and crossed by bridges. It's busy - I'm surprised her body wasn't seen there .

The second was just how shallow the Humber estuary appeared at low tide. It's clearly deep enough for shipping at high tide and, I guess, at it's centre but we were looking out at a large expanse of sand at low tide. Both from the Hull side and from Spurn Point on the opposite shore.

It looks like there were so many places there that her body could have been found if PR had left her in the river in the park

16. Niner

Hi all - was wondering if there was any news on when a court date for the case management hearing in March might be. It is "almost" March!

17. Spy Versus Spy

Hi Niner. I can see nothing yet in Local or National MSM or in either Hull or Sheffield Crown or Magistrates Courts, regarding a hearing date. Will ask around next Week and see if we can get some info.

SvS

jamjim, JosieJo, ChiCubs2016 and 6 others like this.
  18. Niner

Here's what I have in my notes:
    Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Olive Saxby QC for defense.

19. Spy Versus Spy

Is it Oliver Saxby, Niner?

Oliver Saxby QC | Wilberforce Chambers

Odd set up really, as Richard Wright is also a member of ( Hull based) Wilberforce Chambers, as was PR's defence lead for the Sexually motivated charges at the previous trial, Dale Brook iirc

Barristers | Wilberforce Chambers

20. Niner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.