Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting the media did not mention his name in the recent arrest report.

I think it has to be PR because of the age of the suspect. Comparing the current report of a 25 year old being arrested and comparing that to the 24 year old back when PR was arrested previously it must mean his birthday has already occurred this year.

This part is from the current recent arrest (first link below):

"A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Hull University student Libby Squire."

And this part is from the old article (very bottom link) back when he was first arrested:

"Police investigating the disappearance of Hull University student, Libby Squire, have arrested a 24-year-old Polish father of two on suspicion of abduction."

Also, I was glad to see this part in the recent arrest which gives me hope that formal charges will come soon in the future.

"Det Sup Martin Smalley, of Humberside Police said: "A file is being prepared for the Crown Prosecution Service as the investigation progresses."

Both current and old articles linked below:

Libby Squire murder suspect released by police

Libby Squire: father of two arrested in Hull on suspicion of abduction in connection with missing student

Libby Squire murder: Update on man arrested for Hull student's death

Police have released the 25-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering tragic student Libby Squire.

Humberside Police detectives had quizzed the man they had detained on Wednesday night, but have since released a statement saying he has been "released under investigation as further enquiries continue".

Local rumour is it could be someone else, local press are staying away from linking PR as well.

It's obviously PR. Last time, they charged him with 13 offences and held him on remand for those. Yet regarding Libby's abduction they said released under investigation.

He's not being currently held for questioning therefore released under investigation. It's just he's been released back to prison

I don't think the press are supposed to name people who haven't been charged.

We don't know where he's being held do we? Could be miles away

It's obviously PR. Last time, they charged him with 13 offences and held him on remand for those. Yet regarding Libby's abduction they said released under investigation.

He's not being currently held for questioning therefore released under investigation. It's just he's been released back to prison

I don't think the press are supposed to name people who haven't been charged.

We don't know where he's being held do we? Could be miles away
They were happy to name him last time. 25th March 2019 they officially linked him.

They were happy to name him last time.
Initially, up until he was charged, only the worse of the tabloids named him. Tho to be fair, the rest did show the place of arrest.

Same this time. The Sun and Mail have already either named him or said the Polish butcher. The rest have abided by their code of ethics

Last edited:
I think i personally discounted running man a while ago.
As much as it pains me, i think LE know he was 'in the area' of the park until nearly 3. They initially asked for dashcam footage from 1100-0300 hours and croda CCTV was around 0235?? Plenty of time for him to do what he was doing and the river be nice and high (possibly flowing back out).
I think there can be conclusions drawn from the few snippets we got from police in the early days. All MOO
I agree. That timeline is truly upsetting. Nearly 3 hours.

I'm also a little dubious about witnesses that go to the press. Whichever is true will possibly be corroborated by other witnesses.

I can imagine rumours from locals on SM would begin that it’s not him. Every time I scroll the comments section beneath a Hull Daily Mail article I’m surprised at how indignantly some locals fight the facts, without having very much accurate understanding of the case. Comments like ‘they haven’t charged him, he told his sister he dropped Libby at home so the real killer is still out there’ and ‘why didn’t they mention Libby once in court? She’s just been forgotten’ (when he was up for his 9 other charges) accompanied by others who say ‘he’s a pervert, he’s defo killed her, why waste any more money on him just send him back to Poland’ ... make you wonder how they think the criminal justice system works sometimes.

The police have always said he remains a suspect. He’s 25 years old. The national press would not print his name without confirmation it’s him - even though they really should not name anybody at all. The arrested person will certainly be PR.

I can only think they put the charge to him, he replied saying not guilty or no comment, and if he stayed silent there was possibly no point in pressing him further. It wouldn’t surprise me if ‘no comment’ was his default last time. I wonder if he spoke at all during his 96 hours, or whether LE did much of the talking trying to get him to admit what happened that night? I still find it odd that he pleaded not guilty up until the day of the trial last time. You’d think he’d realise they had stacks of evidence and witnesses testifying against him well in advance of the trial date. At first I thought it was part of his game to put women through facing him in court - but not so. Let’s hope the CPS are considering the evidence against him and that he’s officially charged any day now.
I honestly expected a guilty plea straight away regarding his other crimes.

Would have automatically gotten him a bigger reduction in sentence. Even if he didn't know about his DNA being on file he'd have known the police had found his stash of stolen dildos.

Why he held on till the last minute is beyond me. Quite a strange individual. And a very strange lawyer not to have advised him to do so.

Initially, up until he was charged, only the worse of the tabloids named him. Tho to be fair, the rest did show the place of arrest.

Same this time. The Sun and Mail have already either named him or said the Polish butcher. The rest have abided by their code of ethics
I quoted from local press only, not the tabloids!

I can imagine rumours from locals on SM would begin that it’s not him. Every time I scroll the comments section beneath a Hull Daily Mail article I’m surprised at how indignantly some locals fight the facts, without having very much accurate understanding of the case. Comments like ‘they haven’t charged him, he told his sister he dropped Libby at home so the real killer is still out there’ and ‘why didn’t they mention Libby once in court? She’s just been forgotten’ (when he was up for his 9 other charges) accompanied by others who say ‘he’s a pervert, he’s defo killed her, why waste any more money on him just send him back to Poland’ ... make you wonder how they think the criminal justice system works sometimes.

The police have always said he remains a suspect. He’s 25 years old. The national press would not print his name without confirmation it’s him - even though they really should not name anybody at all. The arrested person will certainly be PR.

I can only think they put the charge to him, he replied saying not guilty or no comment, and if he stayed silent there was possibly no point in pressing him further. It wouldn’t surprise me if ‘no comment’ was his default last time. I wonder if he spoke at all during his 96 hours, or whether LE did much of the talking trying to get him to admit what happened that night? I still find it odd that he pleaded not guilty up until the day of the trial last time. You’d think he’d realise they had stacks of evidence and witnesses testifying against him well in advance of the trial date. At first I thought it was part of his game to put women through facing him in court - but not so. Let’s hope the CPS are considering the evidence against him and that he’s officially charged any day now.
I did not quote, nor have read any SM about it. The reason locals are not so convinced is there have been many similar crimes committed in the local area whilst PR has been in custody.

I did not quote, nor have read any SM about it. The reason locals are not so convinced is there have been many similar crimes committed in the local area whilst PR has been in custody.

When you say ‘local rumour’ that generally refers to Hull focused social media pages. To clarify, do you mean you live locally and it’s something that’s being vocalised in the community?

I’m intrigued about these ‘many similar crimes’. We haven’t heard about any other missing young girls, so are you referring to rapes / abductions / attacks locally? Or more public flashing incidents / sex toy thefts / voyeurism? Both are relatively unusual rare crimes, so it’s concerning to hear.

I would imagine the police would have been particularly sure not to name him this time around...he has just been in the press as a convicted sex offender and the last thing they will want is to give his case any amunition in relation to unfair trial etc .. the are now obviously playing everything exactly to the book ...imo it's not another person they refer to

I honestly expected a guilty plea straight away regarding his other crimes.

Would have automatically gotten him a bigger reduction in sentence. Even if he didn't know about his DNA being on file he'd have known the police had found his stash of stolen dildos.

Why he held on till the last minute is beyond me. Quite a strange individual. And a very strange lawyer not to have advised him to do so.

Ultimately I guess he can go against the advice of his lawyer - because surely his legal team would strongly advise a guilty plea based on what sounded like a mountain of evidence. Was it 90+ witnesses? And DNA. And stolen sex toys.

I’m amazed the judge gave any reduction in sentence for his last minute confession. A waste of everybody’s time. The witnesses, the jurors, the judge, the prosecution team. I’d have added to his sentence for this nonsense. Almost trying to retain some element of control? I don’t know. Weird anyway.

I think i personally discounted running man a while ago.
As much as it pains me, i think LE know he was 'in the area' of the park until nearly 3. They initially asked for dashcam footage from 1100-0300 hours and croda CCTV was around 0235?? Plenty of time for him to do what he was doing and the river be nice and high (possibly flowing back out).
I think there can be conclusions drawn from the few snippets we got from police in the early days. All MOO

I've not personally completely ruled out running man but am aware its press, for example he could have ran back to his car initially and stayed in the area or drove away and back again..all possibilities
Yes the 3hr window is a terrible thought even working on that the police usually extend a little over their own timeline. If his car was in the vicinity for that length of time it would certainly need some explaining

When PR was first arrested the tabloids named him, splashed his photo about, had comments from his neighbours and I think friends. If this was someone else arrested wouldn't they have done the same, a new name, new photos, new comments? The tabloids have no shame or concerns about fair trials and grieving families so I can't see they would have held back on a new suspect.

When PR was first arrested the tabloids named him, splashed his photo about, had comments from his neighbours and I think friends. If this was someone else arrested wouldn't they have done the same, a new name, new photos, new comments? The tabloids have no shame or concerns about fair trials and grieving families so I can't see they would have held back on a new suspect.
I watched great chunks of the Leveson enquiry. The Dowlers evidence still upsets me. Then I found out the Sun had paid a lorry driver to block their cars exit during Bellfield's trial so they could get pictures of a grieving family. Hate the tabloids.

To be fair they've been mostly very good this time. Careful to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I would be interested to see details. Like rapes and sexual assaults? There hasn't been any murders have there? Have you any links? I am just wondering about a possible accomplice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23