Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if He confided in close

Thank you for your expert information.
So they would have secured the bins and awaited forensics to examine them.

Most likely yes, as soon as they became aware they may be of evidential value. Protected from interference and the elements until the scenes of crime officers can go and work their magic.

Thank you. Can they add sex assault charges later, or would they have to charged him at the same time as the murder charge? In the US, charges can be added on pretty much any time up to trial if evidence is there.

Yes, other charges can be added. It may have been that they are gathering the evidence for other charges but as yet do not have enough to satisfy charging standards of the Crown Prosecution Service.

Hi @WiseOwl. I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the CCTV of him pulling the bin was on the 17th. Are you thinking he headed perhaps to another location before the cemetery out in the open then? I am not sure where Highams Fields are - I've not had the chance to look at maps today.

The 17th and the 24th are both Saturdays. I'm wondering if there's a possibility he is/was only in that vicinity on the weekends? That said LB disappeared on a Monday afternoon, so. Just thinking as I'm going. All MOO and thoughts of course.

Yes the CCTV of him was on the 17 August but i don't think necessarily that there was a body in the bin that day, more likely it was the best footage the police could put out of him.

I think it was said he headed down Whitewell Road next to the cemetery and this road does, interestingly, lead to Higham playing fields.

if he killed her there,behind the pub then i'm wondering why go to such complicated lengths of removing the body to the cemetery

why not leave at the back of the pub? both areas just as likely for the body to be found imo

IMO he was thinking that dead bodies belong in cemeteries so that is a logical place to put it. Maybe he was going to bury her in a newly dug grave, but got disturbed. If he had done that she might not have been found.

Yes, other charges can be added. It may have been that they are gathering the evidence for other charges but as yet do not have enough to satisfy charging standards of the Crown Prosecution Service.
Thank you. That's very similar to the US.

i'm not getting any vibes that he's special needs or lacking in any way if i'm honest

us human always try and do this, give a reason why he may not have chosen to do this, so it makes it easier for us to accept

maybe he just did...not nice to think but he could just as easily be a cold hearted killer

Having learning difficulties could also play into the reason why she was moved after such a length of time.

If he hadn't intended to kill her, at such a young age, he would likely have no clue what to do with her after the fact.

The time length could well be hesitancy in what to do, for all we know he could have felt guilt hence moving her to the cemetery.

Of course he could also have thought it wouldn't be found because it's a place full of dead bodies.

Imo

Having learning difficulties could also play into the reason why she was moved after such a length of time.

If he hadn't intended to kill her, at such a young age, he would likely have no clue what to do with her after the fact.

The time length could well be hesitancy in what to do, for all we know he could have felt guilt hence moving her to the cemetery.

Of course he could also have thought it wouldn't be found because it's a place full of dead bodies.

Imo
Perhaps he confessed to another family member and they helped him.

Initially when the body was first discovered I thought the deed must have been done there in the cemetary, going in via the Whitwell Rd side entrance. But that didn't make any sense, living directly across from the Cemetary she would have just gone across the road in in via the main gate.

They also clearly have evidence of the lad turning down Whitwell, if Lindsay had come back up Burnley Road and entered Whitewell she would surely have been picked up on cctv doing so.

It just didn't and still doesn't make sense why he moved the body there or when. The place had been awash with police and public looking for her.

However, if his only means of transporting the body was the bin he wouldn't have been able to drag it around the Coppice without arising suspision.

So they don't know when she was killed? 12 days is a long time I'm amazed they haven't managed to narrow the time of death down. I can only imagine the state her body was in.

The fact the boy needs an intermediary to explain what's going on sounds like he may have mental health issues or some kind of learning problem.

It's not unusual for them the state between the day the victim went missing and the day the body was discovered. They most likely have a very good idea when the time of death occured.

theres a small body of water to the side of the pub, at the back

that would even be a quick disposal route without creating suspicion

Therein in lies the reason why methodical,
Are you local to the area?

Unable to locate this body of water on Google Maps.

Left side of picture. Whitakers Arms pub on the right (marked).

upload_2019-9-2_17-56-46.png

the bins would have been emptied ....maybe a trip to landfill is required
My refuse bin was emptied on
the bins would have been emptied ....maybe a trip to landfill is required
My refuse bin(not recycling) was emptied on Tuesday 27th August. I'm wondering if the Whitakers Arms was the same collection day?

Perhaps he confessed to another family member and they helped him.
Well that’s a good point , as a parent we will do anything to protect our children......I know this is extreme....but yes it’s possible he may have fessed up to his parents /relatives/adult and they have assisted in moving Lindsay if that is what has happened.MOO

Well that’s a good point , as a parent we will do anything to protect our children......I know this is extreme....but yes it’s possible he may have fessed up to his parents /relatives/adult and they have assisted in moving Lindsay if that is what has happened.MOO
Wow. That would be really insane. If that is the case, surely more people would be arrested? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell