Recovered/Located UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

Even if it was all planned she's 15 and needs to be rescued as soon as possible.
Money? You're not going to spend millions of pounds for her.
The United Kingdom won't fall for that...

At 15, what was she doing in Europe all on her own? Her parents remain back in Vietnam.

I cannot find anything about the nature of this trip, was it a schooltrip? Was she with friends or siblings? Can minors apply for a visa if they are travelling without family? And so on.

At 15, what was she doing in Europe all on her own? Her parents remain back in Vietnam.

I cannot find anything about the nature of this trip, was it a schooltrip? Was she with friends or siblings? Can minors apply for a visa if they are travelling without family? And so on.
Bit about u18's here:
If you're under 18
You can apply for a standard visitor visa if you’re under 18 and:

• you’ve made suitable arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
  • you have consent from your parent or guardian to travel to the UK
  • you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey
  • you have enough money to support yourself without working or getting help from public funds, or you have family and friends that can support you
Travelling alone
You can travel to the UK without an adult (someone over the age of 18).

Your parent or guardian will need to provide their:

• written consent for you to travel to the UK
  • full contact details
They’ll also need to provide proof that you have somewhere suitable to live during your stay in the UK, including:

• the name and date of birth of the person that you will be staying with
  • an address where you will be living
  • details of your relationship to the person who’ll be looking after you
  • consent in writing so they can look after you during your stay in the UK
Travelling with an adult
When travelling to the UK with an adult (someone over the age of 18), you’ll need to identify them in your visa application.

If the person you’re travelling with is not your parent, you’ll need to provide specific information about them in your application.

Their name will appear on your visa, and you’ll be refused entry to the UK if you arrive in the UK without them.

You can identify up to 2 adults in your visa application, and your visa will only be valid if you travel with at least one of them.

The adult can apply for a visa at the same time, but you must each complete separate applications.

Standard Visitor visa

Last edited:
Linh Thi Dieu Le, who speaks no English, went missing from her tour group in York last Tuesday.

She was last seen with an Asian man on the city walls above Station Rise at 4.40pm on Tuesday, August 6, police say.

North Yorkshire Police said that a 25-year-old man has been charged with child abduction and facilitating a breach of immigration laws. He is due to appear at York Magistrates' Court today.

Seven other people who were arrested in connection with the case have been released under investigation while inquiries continue.

The force said: "As part of the investigation, warrants have since been executed in the Staffordshire area and a further two people - a man and a woman - have been arrested. They remain in police custody."
Man charged with abducting Vietnamese tourist

"Ho Quang Ngoc, 25, is accused of taking a child and facilitating a breach of immigration laws.

The girl, who speaks no English, went missing from her tour group in York on 6 August and has not been seen since.

Mr Ngoc, who is Vietnamese, appeared at York Magistrates' Court where he was remanded in custody."

I'm back to wondering if he was part of the tour group. The charges make it seem this was not random.

Honestly I have no idea what she was doing in Europe...but find out what happens to a 15 y.o. girl who speak no English at all is the only thing that really matters now :(

The piece about the immigration laws makes me think he had her sent to another country? Or could it mean he came into the UK illegally? MOO

Probably refers to the fact that he is not one of the two adults that a minor is supposed to travel with and / or that his actions would prevent her from leaving within the legal time limitations.

Legally Bland posted info about the visa for minors earlier:

Bit about u18's here:

The post does not copy for some reason, but you can click on the little arrow and it will get you there.

I don't think she went unwillingly with the man, this must have been pre-planned. Her plan could have been to pose as a tourist and then vanish for a new life in the uk. A young girl in this situation would be exploited terribly so even if she went along willingly it is still hugely concerning. She needs to be found.
This theory makes most sense, based on prior incidents like this.

I hope Scotland Yard has asked Vietnam for her phone and social media records. They keep tabs.

Police charge man with abduction of Vietnamese student, 15, who vanished in York last week | Daily Mail Online

17207172-7350885-image-a-68_1565656940757.jpg

As part of the investigation, properties have been searched in the Staffordshire. Residents in the town yesterday said police have been at the properties for the past three days.

Police have broke down the door to a house and sealed off a nails bar.

Warrants have since been executed in the area and a further two people - a man and a woman - have been arrested. They remain in police custody.

BBM

This looks like human trafficking. Nails bar have a reputation for slavery.

Still I wonder. She is fifteen, wears fancy clothes, has an expensive handbag or backpack - see the four pieces of metal on the bottom in the picture - and what looks like a tablet or a huge phone with earpods.

17207182-7350885-image-a-64_1565656864371.jpg

She doesn't speak English, so why was she on a trip to the UK at the tender age of fifteen?
She visited Liverpool FC if the picture is anything to go by. Since she does not speak English, what was the attraction in York? The old town or the Designer Outlet Center?

Everything screams rich girl. It is hard to imagine how someone could lure her away with the promise of a better life ~ better than what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back