GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #6

Does anybody know if there is a reason I am only able to see certain posts ? I can see posts at 4pm ish and then it skips to after 6 and then to now , just 2 pages of posts a lot of them with no context like there is posts missing ?

I'm very concerned that this boy will be free at such a young age. He sounds like has the makings of a serial killer.

All things considered, he will probably be medicated to within an inch of his life and upon release either be unable to live independently, ie supervised. Or his offending will continue and escalate to the point he doesn’t see a release. Small chance he could be rehabilitated now he‘s not under the toxic influence of JC - here’s hoping miracles can happen!

I hadn’t followed the whole court days , it really surprised me in the programme that when police arrived in early hours that the washing machine was on with the bedding in it … as if your son goes missing & you think oh I’ll just wash his bed !

I didn't think they'd show anything of the youth in the documentary but you see his Police interviews and even the part when he is asked if he has any message for AW and JC and he replies "Tell mam to eff off from me"
He also seemed a lot more mature and eloquent than he's been made out to be. JMO

The Mail article is updated with more bits 6pm including
In June 2021 the family were removed from the child protection register - meaning it was believed there was no longer a risk of significant harm.

Social workers visited Logan's house the day before he died, and took no action in May 2021 when he burned his neck on a hot bath tap. Social services had also been aware that Cole had a criminal record for violence.

July 30: Williamson allegedly lifts Logan up forcefully by his pyjama top, causing it to rip, and shouts at him to 'tell the truth'. The same day, social worker Deborah Williams visits the flat but is denied entry, as Logan has Covid-19. She stays for 20 minutes and leaves without seeing or hearing Logan.

July 31: CCTV shows Cole carrying Logan's body out of the flat and towards the river, while being followed by Mulligan. They return to the property but leave again to dispose of Logan's ripped pyjama top. At about 5.45am Williamson makes a 999 call to police, claiming to have woken to find Logan missing from the house, and accusing another woman of having taken him.

The boy's killing has chilling echoes of the tragic death of six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, who suffered a similar terrible fate when his life was put in similar danger after the country went into lockdown.
I respected and followed all of the COVID rules, but I do think it resulted in some failures of common sense and some disproportionate actions by the authorities. Arthur’s family members being threatened with COVID rule breaches for checking on him was one example and sadly this is another — it brought out a jobsworth element that lost sight of the bigger picture in several notable cases.

AW isn't the first and won't be the last of mothers featured in some of the most horrific cases that end up on WS where a mother forsakes her child for a subhuman male in her life. IMO, where AW differs here is her incredible ability to manipulate others including her own GP, school personnel, and social workers. AW's photo should pop up whenever you read "master manipulator."

I'm still hoping to read that social worker Debbie Williams was relieved of her duties. We previously heard about her interaction with Mulligan where during the course of performing her duties, Mulligan was allowed to hit her and she'd shrug it off as if they were pals. Seems this ill-advised method of "connecting" with the teen wards assigned to her was preferable.

Clearly, AW was not only instrumental but key in the court's decision to allow JC custody of Mulligan whereas previously, JC and the teen's time together required supervision due to JC's felon status. I don't doubt that AW employed the same master manipulator skills with their social workers to recommend Logan immediately be removed from the child protection register. MOO

30 Jund 2022

Debbie Williams was also accused of ignoring requests for meetings with Logan’s social worker to discuss her concerns over Mulligan’s potential move to the family home.

Mulligan was under the care of Bridgend Council Social Services after being removed from the home of his birth mother Rebecca Trudgill who had previously assaulted him.

The court heard he ‘idolised’ step-dad John Cole, 40, who he called his father and was desperate to move in with.

Mulligan moved into the family home in Sarn, Bridgend, in July 2021 after Cole and Williamson successfully applied for custody of him.

Their bid was approved by the family courts – despite Logan being on the child protection register.

Recalling another incident of AW doing a number on the latest social worker assigned where they were soon texting each other as if best friends. Again, no surprise that even with a very troubled Mulligan about to enter the picture, Logan was quickly recommended removed from the child protection register. Catastrophic failure here.

By March, due to concerns over Cole, Logan and his younger sibling had been assigned their own social worker.

In June, a month before Logan died, the family were removed from the child protection register – meaning it was believed there was no longer a risk of significant harm.

Mulligan was not biologically related to Logan, nor to Cole or Williamson.
Cardiff Crown Court heard that Cole had raised him since he was nine months old and considered himself a father figure.

[..]

Cole had fought for parental responsibility of Mulligan from January 2021 and got custody of him that summer.

Mulligan moved into the family home on 26 July, just five days before Logan was found dead.

During the trial, the prosecution said his moving into the house was like "putting a lit match into a powder keg".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back