GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #6

Recalling another incident of AW doing a number on the latest social worker assigned where they were soon texting each other as if best friends. Again, no surprise that even with a very troubled Mulligan about to enter the picture, Logan was quickly recommended removed from the child protection register. Catastrophic failure here.

By March, due to concerns over Cole, Logan and his younger sibling had been assigned their own social worker.

In June, a month before Logan died, the family were removed from the child protection register – meaning it was believed there was no longer a risk of significant harm.

I didn’t even know it was possible to be removed from the child protection register so soon after being added when there’s no change in the home environment, would have thought a child would stay there for a year or so for authorities to check the situation had genuinely improved and they weren’t just being fobbed off on one or two visits.

Craig Mulligan had been taken in by foster carers for eight weeks but they were unable to cope with his scary behaviour and he was allowed to return to Logan Mwangi's home

He also had a history of "cruel" attacks on young children, vulnerable adults and small animals and was trained in martial arts.

One foster carer said: "He was pure evil and enjoyed causing anxiety and fear. He knew no boundaries."

Mulligan had previously been taken in by foster carers for eight weeks in June and July 2021 but they were unable to cope with his scary behaviour and he was allowed to return to Mwangi's home.

Bridgend Social Services were aware that the foster family had been unable to cope with his behaviour.

After fostering 80 children over almost 50 years it was the first time the foster family had asked for a child in their care to be removed.

They had always done long term fostering but they were asked by the council to take in the teen for two months.

However, the teen soon showed his nasty side and on the first night showed their daughter a vape and a knife and they would regularly find knives hidden behind his pillows.

Mulligan was then moved into the family home just five days before the murder - a cruel fact described as "not a coincidence" in court.

His tragic move was approved by a family court judge after it was supported by Mulligan's social worker Debbie Williams.

"The youth convicted of murdering Logan Mwangi can now be revealed as Craig Mulligan, the 14-year-old stepbrother of his victim. The killing happened five days after Mulligan came to live at Lower Llansantffraid after the family courts awarded custody of the teenager to Cole with the support of Williamson."

I am glad the youth was given a hefty sentence. But I do worry about what will happen when he is released in the prime of his troubled life. ----SCARY thought.

I really can't think of many mental health treatments that can rehabilitate this kind of volatile angry violent behaviour.

"The youth convicted of murdering Logan Mwangi can now be revealed as Craig Mulligan, the 14-year-old stepbrother of his victim. The killing happened five days after Mulligan came to live at Lower Llansantffraid after the family courts awarded custody of the teenager to Cole with the support of Williamson."

I am glad the youth was given a hefty sentence. But I do worry about what will happen when he is released in the prime of his troubled life. ----SCARY thought.

I really can't think of many mental health treatments that can rehabilitate this kind of volatile angry violent behaviour.

It was speculated above that he might not be released at the end of his minimum term, but unless something changes in our parole system I think he will be released then or within a couple of years of it, and it’s a scary thought. He has shown no remorse. I doubt his prospects for rehabilitation from what I’ve read.

I didn’t even know it was possible to be removed from the child protection register so soon after being added when there’s no change in the home environment, would have thought a child would stay there for a year or so for authorities to check the situation had genuinely improved and they weren’t just being fobbed off on one or two visits.
By March, due to concerns over Cole, Logan and his younger sibling had been assigned their own social worker.

In June, a month before Logan died, the family were removed from the child protection register – meaning it was believed there was no longer a risk of significant harm. ^^rsbm
While the year was not stated in quoted MSM, I just watched the iTV documentary on the Murder of Logan where it's clear that Logan and his younger sibling went on the CP register March 2021 and removed in June 2021.

Again, I think AW had much control here in both getting her children on the CP register and removing them from the register. I think JC/AW had long been portraying separate residences until the period they returned from holiday and were observed living together which was explained as completing the required COVID quarantine together.

I also think it was likely when AW stated she immediately self-reported when teen Craig allegedly confessed to her that he was responsible for Logan's broken shoulder after pushing him down the stairs that set off a bell the children needed protection. (AW had previously reported Logan's injured shoulder as he fell off a wheelchair while playing).

A massive system failure the children's protection (Mar-June) was short-lived. MOO

"During his stay with the foster family, he would talk about Cole non-stop. On one occasion he even turned down a caravan holiday to Cornwall with the family, saying: ‘It’s too far from Jay'."

Last edited:
AW and JC were truly two of a kind. Cruel and dark subhumans, both of them. They did not deserve children, and very pleased they will be kept away from children for decades.

Found the MSM I recalled that explains Logan and his sibling's short stay on the CP register -- all manipulated/controlled by AW.

She [AW] told police that Logan had fallen down a flight of stairs and, thinking that he suffered a dislocated shoulder, tried to "pop it" back into place. It was not until January 2021 that Williamson told police Logan's fall was not accidental – and that the youngster had been pushed down the stairs by the youth defendant.

That phone call led to social services becoming involved with the family and Logan being placed on the child protection register.
Williamson changed her story again at trial relating to the arm injury – saying that it was not her that tried to fix the dislocation but Cole.

Despite social services' involvement the abuse of Logan got worse and in May 2021 Williamson burned him with a boiling hot teaspoon she pulled from a cup of coffee. The wound was so serious Logan "yelped" and jumped back and was left with a burn mark to his neck. But Williamson and Cole decided to cover up the injury – successfully telling social workers that Logan had burned his neck on the bath tap.

Social worker Gaynor Rush believed their tale and two weeks after the burn Logan's status on the child protection register was stepped down from a "child in protection" to a "child in need"
meaning they needed less frequent contact with the family.

I haven’t watched the tv show yet but judging by the police mugshots, JC looks like the only one who lost sleep and was troubled by this crime. Strange.

At the time those pics were taken, JC was the only one charged with murder I think. So probably not happy to be taking all the blame.

At the time those pics were taken, JC was the only one charged with murder I think. So probably not happy to be taking all the blame.
he looks like someone who has an alchol addiction, wonder if that was the case.

don't know about anybody else but I felt the documentary outlined things much clearer for me. I've followed this case since Logan was found and some amazing sleuthing was done here. But i found the details of the trial were getting hazy in my head but the doc really showed AW was very much involved regarding the missing ripped pyjama top. Asked what Logan was wearing she immediately said mismatched pyjamas. Probably hoping that they would never search and therefore never find the ripped dinasour top. Both CM and JC said AW ripped the top by handling Logan roughly. The police KNEW she was deeply involved and did so much work to make sure she went down and went down for murder.

i do think now it was Craig that killed Logan, the size of him as well for a 13 year old against such a small skinny boy. Jay would cover for him no matter what and vice versa. I think AW never said what happened because she was so deeply involved and did nothing

he looks like someone who has an alchol addiction, wonder if that was the case.

don't know about anybody else but I felt the documentary outlined things much clearer for me. I've followed this case since Logan was found and some amazing sleuthing was done here. But i found the details of the trial were getting hazy in my head but the doc really showed AW was very much involved regarding the missing ripped pyjama top. Asked what Logan was wearing she immediately said mismatched pyjamas. Probably hoping that they would never search and therefore never find the ripped dinasour top. Both CM and JC said AW ripped the top by handling Logan roughly. The police KNEW she was deeply involved and did so much work to make sure she went down and went down for murder.

i do think now it was Craig that killed Logan, the size of him as well for a 13 year old against such a small skinny boy. Jay would cover for him no matter what and vice versa. I think AW never said what happened because she was so deeply involved and did nothing
The youth was wild, nobody could control him (or even tried) it seems.

It was reported that School frequently sent him home, a foster family couldn't cope, etc.
He did what he wanted, and got what he wanted - JC as his stepfather.

As for JC's police photo - he looks unhinged.

All of them were in my opinion.
Only little Logan seemed sane in this "house of horrors".

MOO

Last edited:
Wow I haven’t read all of the comments yet, and it’s been a while since I’ve commented myself.
I absolutely cannot believe that JC was given PR over the youth! Obviously I knew he had ‘custody’ so to speak, but the fact this was parental rights it’s just crazy. This is just so outrageous to me I cannot understand the decision not to have a review into this case? In my opinion Three vulnerable children were grossly let down by the services designed to protect them, and this is the end result. Those 2 little ones were not a priority at all.

Despite social services' involvement the abuse of Logan got worse and in May 2021 Williamson burned him with a boiling hot teaspoon she pulled from a cup of coffee. The wound was so serious Logan "yelped" and jumped back and was left with a burn mark to his neck. But Williamson and Cole decided to cover up the injury – successfully telling social workers that Logan had burned his neck on the bath tap.

Social worker Gaynor Rush believed their tale and two weeks after the burn Logan's status on the child protection register was stepped down from a "child in protection" to a "child in need"
meaning they needed less frequent contact with the family.

It's the teaspoon version that I don't believe. I'd need to try out the bath tap to see if the water comes out very hot. Mine does, hot enough to scald if the cold tap isn't running as well. I think it's entirely possible that Logan was scalded by the bath tap/water which would explain his reluctance to be bathed - if that's true. It could have been either accidental or deliberate.

Social services bosses cynically tried to hide their failures over the murder of five-year-old Logan Mwangi and campaigned to keep his teenage murderer's identity a secret, it can be revealed today.

Craig Mulligan, 14, murdered his stepbrother then helped dump his body in a river 250 yards from his home in Bridgend, South Wales.

In the latest deadly failure to protect children, Logan was tortured and left to die by Mulligan along with his stepfather, racist ex-convict John Cole, 40, and the 'defenceless' boy's mother, Angharad Williamson, 31.

Scandalously Logan had been stepped down on the child protection register just weeks before his death by social workers from Bridgend Council in South Wales.

The same children's services department also supported moving Mulligan out of foster care and into the family home - despite having made threats to kill Logan.

That fact was only reportable after a judge ruled it was of 'significant public interest' to name Mulligan so the family dynamics could be explained.

But at every step in proceedings Bridgend Council has tried to hide their missed opportunities to save Logan, with social workers requesting to be anonymised during court proceedings.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC told the court: 'Several social workers have raised requests for anonymity orders. It seems they have been wrongly informed they are entitled to them.'

The council kept a close eye on proceedings throughout the nine-week trial, often having two press officers and two solicitors in court, as well as other officials from Children's Services.

Later, after the guilty verdicts were returned, lawyers for the council briefed Mulligan's defence team that they wished to keep the teenage killer anonymous because naming him 'could affect his rehabilitation'.

I doubt it - that would have been a consideration when deciding whether he should be named
That's interesting. I was thinking along the lines of Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, the two 10 year old boys that were named at sentencing in 1993 but were awarded anonymity on their release in 2011. Likewise The Edlington Brothers. i believe one off whom had 2 new identities after he was found with a blade 20 weeks after his release.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back