UK - Logan Williamson, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by StillDiggin, Aug 1, 2021.

1. tedtink

tedtink Well-Known Member

Yep.........

Google Maps Maes Glas, Tondu, Bridgend

Google Maps distance to Sarn

2. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Approx 7 minutes walk apart along the river according to google.

upload_2021-8-6_15-46-58.png

Google Maps

Amonet, misgrn, Alyce and 3 others like this.
  3. hellobear

hellobear Well-Known Member

Valley Times - FB

There is also a page called Wales Updates which claims to be a news & media agency but has no website or external links so I will not link that one. I hope naming it is OK.

A LOT of comments, but dig deep!

ETA - Select the option to show ' all comments ' and not ' most relevant ' , you may have to do this several times if you expand the comments that have replies, it defaults back to ' most relevant '

Alyce, Marg from Oz, Bickles and 6 others like this.
  4. DC50

DC50 Active Member

Different addresses would also make it easier regarding DBS and SS involvement as he can say he wasn't actually living there with AW.

Haven't seen any mention of the 13 year olds mum. Did JC have full custody? People calling for his head on social media make me so sad. He's just a kid himself. Who knows what he's seen/experienced at the hands of his father.

Amonet, Marg from Oz, ChloLo and 4 others like this.
  5. lalalemon

lalalemon Well-Known Member

Logan's hair in AW's cover photo doesn't concern me, that photo was uploaded in January....we were in lockdown then, so no hairdressers were open.... maybe they just gave him a buzz cut because he needed a haircut? I did this to my poor husband!

ElizaKate, Amonet, misgrn and 10 others like this.
  6. hellobear

hellobear Well-Known Member

Agree, he could have seen the other boys having their hair buzzed and wanted to have the same.

I developed alopecia during lockdown so went the same route. The amount of questions fired at me for it though! :: shrugs ::

Amonet, lalalemon and ST3anonymous like this.
  7. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

Do we know who his father is?

Amonet, tedtink and RusselSprout like this.
  8. LucyRocket

I had considered that they likely had different addresses. It works out better financially for couples who are not married

9. LucyRocket

He could be a carer for a family member who lives at the Maesglas address

10. RusselSprout

RusselSprout Well-Known Member

Could he be a carer for the 13yo?

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

12. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen On Time Out

I noticed the dead lift bar when I looked at their Facebook profiles yesterday. It stood out to me for some reason. I think maybe as it's so visually symbolic of the strength an adult has over a child. It wouldn't have taken much for JC to hurt little Logan, but the injuries that he's sustained makes me think there must have been some real force behind those blows.

Another theory that I don't think has been touted yet is that JC was jealous of the attention Logan got from his mum. Lots of reports say he was a well mannered, clever, loving little boy, which - for all intents and purposes - could lead us to believe that AW was a good parent prior to the arrival of JC. Maybe JC didn't like the bond Logan and his mum had, and wanted to ostracise and sideline Logan. Jealousy is an exceptionally powerful emotion, and can lead to people doing unthinkable things. Perhaps he saw Logan as an obstacle between him having the family unit he wanted with AW because Logan was another man's child.

Also, I noticed on the photo with Logan, the baby, and his step brother, Logan looks gaunt; troubled even. He doesn't look well compared to the previous photos of him with his curly hair, cheeky smile and the sparkle in his eyes. I'm inclined to believe that this wasn't an isolated incident and that Logan was subjected to a prolonged campaign of abuse since JC arrived on the scene. Poor, poor boy.

MOO

Amonet, catgreen, misgrn and 10 others like this.
  13. tedtink

Possibly why the mattress was on the floor in the 'stairs' video?

14. tedtink

Yes, no DBS checks required for caring for a family member.

ChloLo, Lindsay Lou Who, V347 and 6 others like this.
  15. tedtink

Totally agree with this.
    Also a Mother can subconsciously pick up on the infantile jealousy of the partner, thus adapting her role around the child and distancing herself, emotionally and physically from the child in order to fulfill the emotional needs of the partner.

JMO

Amonet, sleepyhead25, ChloLo and 5 others like this.
  16. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen On Time Out

Is the trial duration estimate of 4 weeks significant at all?

I'm not sure if that's standard for a murder trial, or if there even IS a standard time frame. I'm guessing it would depend partly on the amount of evidence to be presented?

Would 4 weeks mean it's likely that they have a lot of incriminating evidence to present to the jury? That time frame seems quite short to me. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Amonet likes this.
  17. LucyRocket

That's possible. 'Carer' could mean foster carer

18. altyg

altyg Active Member

I agree, his lovely curls were shaved off and the happy sparkling eyes are dull in the later photos

Amonet, misgrn, sleepyhead25 and 2 others like this.
  19. InVinoVeritas

InVinoVeritas Well-Known Member

We are all guilty of so many assumptions based on appearances and heresay. I admit I looked at the photos of JC and didn’t like the image he presented - however that alone doesn’t mean he was guilty.
    The way they tried to “conceal” or deflect from whatever actually happened, is really so open to being found out that I think they’re either not the brightest, were in a panic, under the influence of something (and left the 13 year old to come up with the river idea!) - it doesn’t smack of a long thought out planned murder. Not that I would know what this looks like!
    Clearly there was something to cover up as otherwise why not just phone 999 and ask for help?

Amonet, Ellmau, misgrn and 10 others like this.
  20. SpursGyal

SpursGyal Well-Known Member

Trials can last between 2 weeks and months. It’s dependent on the evidence, the amount of witnesses and in this case there will be 3 defence teams.

Proudnanny, Amonet, misgrn and 10 others like this.