UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

Thread is now open. As a reminder, posters should post respectfully. Agreeing to disagree is acceptable and should be expected in a true crime discussion forum. However, intimidating fellow posters, bickering, and using abbreviated profanity to circumvent filters is not acceptable.

Thanks,
Tiff

One possible scenario I haven’t seen proposed is that Mum could have been out of the house when the attack took place, and only found out when she went to check on Logan and found him deceased in bed.

Step-father, who could have a history of being abusive and controlling, then tells her to keep quiet and he’ll take care of it, threatens that she’ll lose her other kid to social services etc. Mother, in total shock/grief/terror acquiesces, makes some terrible choices, and step father ropes the 13-year-old into helping him dispose of the body in the awful way we know about.

I’m not suggesting this would make her innocent by a long stretch - IMO it’s highly unlikely that this was the first time Logan was on the receiving end of abuse, and like all of you, I’d have been gone at the first sign. But PTCOJ is a wide-ranging charge that can cover something as small as giving a false alibi for someone you believe to be innocent, all the way up to scrubbing away the blood stains and hiding the evidence. Right now, we do not have enough information to know what happened that night.

This is a woman who was both the victim of a horrendous crime, and then became an (alleged) accessory to concealing it. It’s an interesting and important distinction, IMO.

all speculation and MOO

One possible scenario I haven’t seen proposed is that Mum could have been out of the house when the attack took place, and only found out when she went to check on Logan and found him deceased in bed.

Step-father, who could have a history of being abusive and controlling, then tells her to keep quiet and he’ll take care of it, threatens that she’ll lose her other kid to social services etc. Mother, in total shock/grief/terror acquiesces, makes some terrible choices, and step father ropes the 13-year-old into helping him dispose of the body in the awful way we know about.

I’m not suggesting this would make her innocent by a long stretch - IMO it’s highly unlikely that this was the first time Logan was on the receiving end of abuse, and like all of you, I’d have been gone at the first sign. But PTCOJ is a wide-ranging charge that can cover something as small as giving a false alibi for someone you believe to be innocent, all the way up to scrubbing away the blood stains and hiding the evidence. Right now, we do not have enough information to know what happened that night.

This is a woman who was both the victim of a horrendous crime, and then became an (alleged) accessory to concealing it. It’s an interesting and important distinction, IMO.

all speculation and MOO

No greater tragedy than to lose your child but we know that Mum allegedly starting shouting that the door was ajar-- as a ruse to cover up the true crime, and pretend that Logan was missing or abducted from the home.

Pictured: Funny and polite' five-year-old boy found dead in river | Daily Mail Online

Agreed. "Weed"/Marijuana is a relaxing drug vs cocaine/steriods/speed is an upper and makes people more aggressive.

I disagree - have you ever seen how a person acts when they can not get access to their weed! - agitated, aggressive and abusive! - while it may ‘relax’ you while on the stuff it is quite the opposite if you are addicted and have not had your fix that day. How do I know this? I was regularly attacked and beaten by my older brother growing up if he hadn’t had his fix!

I disagree - have you ever seen how a person acts when they can not get access to their weed! - agitated, aggressive and abusive! - while it may ‘relax’ you while on the stuff it is quite the opposite if you are addicted and have not had your fix that day. How do I know this? I was regularly attacked and beaten by my older brother growing up if he hadn’t had his fix!

I am so sorry to hear about your brother's actions. I know everyone is different, but for what it's worth... I smoked weed for 18 months straight. I was getting through £400 worth a month. The first thing I did in the morning was roll a joint and light up, the last thing I did before going to bed was smoke one. I mixed it with tobacco. One day I woke up and decided I was spending a stupid amount of money on it and likely killing myself in the process from the smoke. What I realised in quitting was the weed addiction was trivial, atleast to me personally, the nicotine from the tobacco however... Different story. I switched to a vape with nicotine and the agitiation completely went (I never got abusive or aggressive.)

I often wonder how many people who aren't smoking straight weed don't realise that what they've actually become addicted to is nicotine.

Last edited:
I agree that is different for everybody and I do respect your point. However, I do think someone who wants to quit weed and has accepted that they no longer want it in there life is very different to person who thinks they need it. I have heard the debate countless times that weed is not addictive, this may be true but I think for some it can and does completely take over their life and comes with a whole wave of problems. I do think it depends on your personality, genetic make up and vulnerability to how it will impact you. I do fully believe for some the need or want of weed can consume them to devastating consequences. Welldone for giving it up! Even if you feel it didn’t impact you psychologically your bank balance will thank you.

Edited to add - perhaps 18 months may not be long enough to create the consequences I am speaking of?

To be honest when I look back, the effect I was getting by the end was negligble compared to when I started. Tolerance is a real thing. The covid pandemic hit halfway through and I started working from home, I was stoned pretty much every waking hour for a 9 month period including every work call etc and no one ever called me out or seemed to realise I was smoking a spliff every 2 hours max.

I wasn't a teenager in fairness. Most of the negative effects seem to be attributed to those who smoke it while the brain is still developing.

I have spent some time this morning and it does appear from what I could find and the links I could make out that the 13 year old has not had an easy, straightforward life at all. I’m not sure what the connection to JC actually is, but as someone previously has mentioned( @LucyRocket), it might be premature to make the automatic assumption that he is his natural father. JMO

I’m not sure the MSM have mentioned the relationship of ‘step brother’ - in most reports that I have seen they mention a 13 year old, or teenager. Taking that with ‘step-father’ I think we have drawn an automatic conclusion.

But I am happy to stand corrected.

I definitely applied my conventional way of thinking to the relationships from photos, fb etc. But I have spent some time and looked a bit further and whilst I obviously don’t know the full story, what I *think* I know has definitely changed it’s shape and form.

ETA : MOO

Yes, all of this.

There's also a great deal of confusion/disagreement, even among those who know the family, about the identity of the child in question, it would seem from social media.

The family seems to be a blended one several times over and, as I understand it, there may be more than one 13yo who could be the one in custody.

Since we couldn't identify him even if we knew exactly who he is, probably all we can say for sure is that he's undoubtedly very damaged - by this experience and perhaps by others.

JMO

It doesn’t automatically follow that to be known as someone’s father, you have to actually be a natural father. You can become someone with parental responsibility in many different ways. It’s really not unusual.

No of course you don't have to be blood related, I didn't mean to imply that. But I do think it is an unusual scenario, (and I've first hand experience as living as a youngster with a non biological family but not in a formal foster/adoption). It's quite different to a blended family in my experience.

The notion of JC not being the biological father of the 13 yo as noted further up thread came from social media gossip. There's lots of assumptions being made and muddying things here in the thread.

MOO

Yes, it is frustrating when an assumption is made and from then on everyone takes it as fact, and because of the reporting restrictions due to the child's age, we cannot post the information here to put the misconception right.

MSM reported that the child's mother, stepfather and a 13 year old have been arrested (and now charged with various offences), they never said step brother, or step father's son, but for some reason someone assumed that the 13 year old is the step father's son.

I don't even agree with them reporting that JC is Logan's stepfather as technically, he isn't. He isn't married to his mother, and doesn't even officially live at the same address. But that's splitting hairs I suppose.

I don't even agree with them reporting that JC is Logan's stepfather as technically, he isn't. He isn't married to his mother, and doesn't even officially live at the same address. But that's splitting hairs I suppose.

I agree with you.
What's even worse is the casual confusion between half-siblings (who share one parent) and step-siblings (no blood relation at all) which is very common now, and people seem to think it doesn't matter.
Keep splitting those hairs, say I.

The MSM cannot report anything that would give away the 13yo identity. That would include giving family relations.

We cannot assume anything or confirm anything regarding them until there is a conviction and if the judge lifts the restrictions. Anything not confirmed isn’t credible, it should be taken as rumour and nothing more.

The MSM cannot report anything that would give away the 13yo identity. That would include giving family relations.

We cannot assume anything or confirm anything regarding them until there is a conviction and if the judge lifts the restrictions. Anything not confirmed isn’t credible, it should be taken as rumour and nothing more.
BBM.

The same laws apply to what people post on here too.

Yes, it is frustrating when an assumption is made and from then on everyone takes it as fact, and because of the reporting restrictions due to the child's age, we cannot post the information here to put the misconception right. MSM reported that the child's mother, stepfather and a 13 year old have been arrested (and now charged with various offences), they never said step brother, or step father's son, but for some reason someone assumed that the 13 year old is the step father's son.I don't even agree with them reporting that JC is Logan's stepfather as technically, he isn't. He isn't married to his mother, and doesn't even officially live at the same address. But that's splitting hairs I suppose.

No I don't think you're splitting hairs at all. In my book he is not a step father, he is the mother's boyfriend - and, since May, her fiance. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems there were both bubbles and balloons at the well-attended event. They are shattered at what happened in their community to a loved child. :(:(

Huge crowd gather to pay tribute to five-year-old Logan Mwangi

Undoubtedly they must feel absolutely devastated by these events. I think it's fair to say that many complete strangers are feeling so so sad about it, so to have known Logan and live in the same community as where this has happened, must be heartbreaking.

<modsnip>

As an aside, can someone please remind me when JC, AW and the 13yr old have to plead, and does anyone believe any of the pleas will be guilty?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside, can someone please remind me when JC, AW and the 13yr old have to plead, and does anyone believe any of the pleas will be guilty?

JMO

Pleas and directions currently scheduled for 12 November. Trial pencilled in for 31 January.

I think JC will plead NG and AW will plead guilty. Unless something incendiary is yet to come out, I think the charges against the 13yo will be dropped. JC will get hard time and AW will get a suspended sentence.

That's my prediction. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member