UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe mum was involved in the murder, or abuse of Logan. I just can’t believe it - she seemed a happy mum, happy in herself too, and seemed to enjoy the company of children (admittedly this is an impression from fb interactions, but it seemed genuine to me and consistent).

However, I am struggling to work out a scenario where that happy looking mum would come across her beautiful child, dead, doesn’t know how death occurred, but at that moment she involves herself in the disposal of his body, rather than call for an investigation into his sudden, unexpected death.
Was that reaction an unfathomable panic response? Did she come across his ripped t shirt and other signs of violence and know that it could only have been caused by one of the two other people in the flat; one who was a child himself, and one who she was in love with? I mean, on top of your shock and disbelief finding your child dead, you just couldn’t process any of it could you? That most sickening betrayal. You wouldn’t be able to believe that someone you cared for could do such a terrible thing like that.….. (She called JC ‘beautiful smile, massive heart, kind hearted soul, amazing man’ on one of his pics). And then to make that call to the police with that far-out story….that’s when I think that only real fear would make you do that.
So maybe she did believe it, maybe she knew it and it terrified her because of what it meant for them ( that other person, or them all )
Or maybe she was aware that there had been something….maybe it looked like/ sounded like / was explained like rough play, wrestling, rugby tackling or something, she didn’t see the bad stuff. Logan maybe had shown signs he was hurt, but she wasn’t aware how badly, she didn’t realise he was bleeding inside, because she hadn’t seen the whole thing…. he was put to bed, maybe he was changed from his ripped t shirt and put in her bed with her because he didn’t seem well, which is why she found him so early in the morning.

I know none of this makes real sense, but I wanted to write my thoughts out and see if it helped clarify them a bit.

All MOO

I tend to agree with much of this, particularly given today’s development.

I get the impression she loved her children but had terrible - AWFUL- taste in men. She seems to be one of those women with low self esteem who are constantly striving to reconstitute a “proper family” (not a concept I endorse) with whatever shady character is available. Desperate to view everything through rose coloured spectacles, and scared to be alone with their children.

If she was not directly involved in the death, she would have been in shock, could have been threatened, could be a victim of long term abuse. She could have feared for herself and her baby, feared she would lose her other child to care proceedings, most of all been in fear of JC.

It still doesn’t seem entirely clear whether the teen was her biological child or her “step” child. If he was hers (although I’m not too sure about that) , she might have been keen to protect him too. As PP said it might not instantly have been clear to her what HAD happened, just that it was bad.

None of them brilliant reasons for going along with the cover up, but some people are weak characters with bad decision making. Also, maybe she spilled as soon as she was in custody, knew JC was contained in custody and she knew her youngest was safe?

And/or maybe it is her witness evidence that has led to the teen’s charges being upgraded? Hard to tell at the moment.

Overall, I’m betting she was a weak, inadequate, terrorised and/or low IQ mother. Not a cruel, callous, hostile or abusive one.

Either way, the result for poor Logan was the same.

I’m thinking JC and the teen were both involved in whatever the violence was and maybe well into implementing the “cover up” before AW woke up and became aware something was very wrong. If her alleged PTCOJ was “after the fact” and JC was trying to cover for his teen, maybe that accounts for some of the more puzzling elements?

Maybe her screaming that the door was open happened just at the point of her finding something out? Or just before? It isn’t normal to scream when you’re part of a conspiracy to quietly dispose of a body.

Also the reports of an “argument” that includes a child’s voice. That could be a young teen with an unbroken voice. If they were all in agreement and cahoots, they would not be arguing.

I’m thinking JC and the teen were both involved in whatever the violence was and maybe well into implementing the “cover up” before AW woke up and became aware something was very wrong. If her alleged PTCOJ was “after the fact” and JC was trying to cover for his teen, maybe that accounts for some of the more puzzling elements?

Maybe her screaming that the door was open happened just at the point of her finding something out? Or just before? It isn’t normal to scream when you’re part of a conspiracy to quietly dispose of a body.

Also the reports of an “argument” that includes a child’s voice. That could be a young teen with an unbroken voice. If they were all in agreement and cahoots, they would not be arguing.
Ultimately, all three suspects have been charged with PTCOJ. Both males are charged with murder, so in the end, only the mother escaped murder charges.

I dont think she screamed when they disposed of the body, that wouldn't make any sense. But she screamed after they disposed of the body, a facade to try pretend they thought poor logan had just wandered out the house alone when infact they all know he had been murdered and dumped in the river. MOO

I dont think she screamed when they disposed of the body, that wouldn't make any sense. But she screamed after they disposed of the body, a facade to try pretend they thought poor logan had just wandered out the house alone when infact they all know he had been murdered and dumped in the river. MOO

Im just looking back to try to discover what the time gap was between the overheard “argument involving a child” and her screaming about the door. If there was a significant gap between the two things, that might make a difference (or not).

I suppose I am just going over it all trying to account for the unusual details and this latest additional charge.

I tend to agree with much of this, particularly given today’s development.

I get the impression she loved her children but had terrible - AWFUL- taste in men. She seems to be one of those women with low self esteem who are constantly striving to reconstitute a “proper family” (not a concept I endorse) with whatever shady character is available. Desperate to view everything through rose coloured spectacles, and scared to be alone with their children.

If she was not directly involved in the death, she would have been in shock, could have been threatened, could be a victim of long term abuse. She could have feared for herself and her baby, feared she would lose her other child to care proceedings, most of all been in fear of JC.

It still doesn’t seem entirely clear whether the teen was her biological child or her “step” child. If he was hers (although I’m not too sure about that) , she might have been keen to protect him too. As PP said it might not instantly have been clear to her what HAD happened, just that it was bad.

None of them brilliant reasons for going along with the cover up, but some people are weak characters with bad decision making. Also, maybe she spilled as soon as she was in custody, knew JC was contained in custody and she knew her youngest was safe?

And/or maybe it is her witness evidence that has led to the teen’s charges being upgraded? Hard to tell at the moment.

Overall, I’m betting she was a weak, inadequate, terrorised and/or low IQ mother. Not a cruel, callous, hostile or abusive one.

Either way, the result for poor Logan was the same.

Last edited:
Im just looking back to try to discover what the time gap was between the overheard “argument involving a child” and her screaming about the door. If there was a significant gap between the two things, that might make a difference (or not).

I suppose I am just going over it all trying to account for the unusual details and this latest additional charge.

Sorry, my previous post was a reply to yours, but I forgot to add your post

If you look at JC's facebook page one of his photos is liked by TC (same surname). If you click on his name he fits the right age to be his son. So I suspect the 14 year old is JC's son

Just a cautious reminder about looking up children on Facebook. That child you are referencing is not the child who has been charged, and the child who has been charged is not JC's son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa