Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

Please, anyone remind me, how old was Margaret when she was last seen alive? at that Christmas party in 1999? (head title is wrong and I can't find for sure at the min)

They deny murdering Margaret Fleming in Inverkip, sometime between 18 December 1999 and 5 January 2000. (suspected dates of disappearance)

Margaret, who would now be 38 years old, has allegedly not been seen for more than 19 years. (19 years old when missing in 1999/2000)

Does anyone else feel that media coverage hasn’t been as prominent / evidence hadn’t been as strong this time compared to trial that was abandoned late last year? I really hope they manage to get conviction for poor Margaret as I think they are both guilty as sin.

Margaret Fleming trial: Police search dog 'found decomposing scents'
"A police dog found two "decomposing scents" in the garden of two carers accused of murdering a woman they were looking after.

PC Ryan Galloway was part of a dog unit searching the home of Edward Cairney and Avril Jones.

The two were looking after Margaret Fleming who has allegedly not been seen for more than 19 years."

Search dog 'found decomposing scents'

I don't remember hearing this before

Search dog 'found decomposing scents'

PC Galloway, 42, said his black labrador Ollie found two possible decomposing scents in the garden close to the River Clyde.

This was in two cup-sized holes dug 18ins (46cm) apart and 24ins(61cm) deep.

I'm not sure what to think of this...?

PC Galloway, 42, said his black labrador Ollie found two possible decomposing scents in the garden close to the River Clyde.

This was in two cup-sized holes dug 18ins (46cm) apart and 24ins(61cm) deep.

I'm not sure what to think of this...?
Sounds to me like her body was there at one time but they moved her.

But picture it - 2 cup sized holes each 2 feet deep. Holes? Cup sized?
It's late and I'm tired which is only adding to my confusion!

I had assumed 'holes' only after forensic excavations, but it is weird if remains were placed in two small holes, or if the holes were still there.

The scenario I thought might be possible is if a body was on the ground for a relatively short period, decomposition fluids might seep into the ground more (and therefore leave traces detectable years later) in places where the body was in direct contact with the ground, say at the hip and shoulder. Alternatively, perhaps they are traces that were left when moving the body.

Edit: just realised that the holes were two feet deep (as well as 18 inches apart), so I'm still baffled. I suppose this is where the soil experts they mentioned will be needed.

Last edited:
I think possibly the police bore out random holes over the ground to assist the dogs with picking up anything that may have been covered over.

Yes, that makes sense. The aerial photos in these links show some of the larger scale excavation work that was done. Later, there was a tent over a small area - presumably where the yellow markers are in the photos.

Margaret Fleming was reported missing when more payments were applied for | Daily Mail Online

Dramatic images from a drone reveal the scale of the dig at carers’ home in bid to find missing Margaret Fleming

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back