Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Nicola's LinkedIn page, she had been working at the Mortgage company as an advisor since February 2022.

Her previous position ended in 2013.

That leaves a gap of 9 years.

What was she doing during this time? Being a stay-at-home Mum to raise her 2 girls?

and it could also explain them not coming forward if they were fishing illegally. MOO
It would be easy enough to find out from the angling club if anyone bought day tickets on those days from the garage, as instructed by the sign on the tree.
If not then IMO they were not authorised although to be fair perhaps not all the water is covered by the club and they might not have even been fishing.

Ah!. Even the 'hooded men' news title in the original newspaper isn't clear-cut

'A local resident alleged that two men - who appeared to be wearing hoods or hats - were near to St Michael's church just over 24 hours prior to Nicola's disappearance.'

anyway..... a bit more from the witness

'Remaining anonymous, he told The Sun: 'I first saw them at around 7.45am on my way to work on the Thursday, the day before Nicola Bulley vanished. I drive that way every day, so know the road well..... The same witness also reported seeing one of the men at a similar time the next day.'

Mail link says 'MailOnline has approached Lancashire Police regarding the allegations.'

IME from following WS cases, if there's an active investigation to track down a couple of men, a police force will not comment for obvious reasons. ( If it's been completed & they've been eliminated, they might but they're not obliged to)

WOW!!

MWT heading on site?

The case will soon be solved!

There really are no words for all this self promotion while making unqualified and unfounded attacks on police.

'This is a lady who knew this area intimately, she was slim and fit, and if she had fallen she could have grabbed on to the bank.'

Word!
Drownings do not happen in the UK where the above criteria apply ( Somebody really ought to inform the nationwide search and rescue teams operating in GB. )

Last edited:
"The same witness also reported seeing one of the men at a similar time the next day."

So where was the other one on the morning that Nicola vanished? This really jumped out at me! Pure conjecture on my part, but could they have split up in order to come at NB from 2 directions the following morning?
I agree. With the one that was seen the following day, was he carrying any equipment as with the previous morning?

Another question I have - Is it usual to set up very early to fish? Eg. Do anglers tend to head out early for a better chance of a good catch, or is timing irrelevant? Just trying to ascertain whether being out at that time is in and of itself unusual, especially without all the usual gear so we can assume they weren't setting up for a long day at it.

I hope the fishermen, if innocent, come forward soon to be ruled out. I think even just by virtue of being a stranger, you can come across as dodgy. I live in a village of 200 and once found myself 'keeping obs' on someone hanging around the village green simply because I hadn't seen him before and he didn't have a dog with him!

WOW!!

MWT heading on site?

There really are no words for all this self promotion while making unqualified and unfounded attacks on police.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I think perhaps it is as it indicates a seismic change for all of the family, but I won't speculate. Also could explain why her FB seems to date back not too far. JMO.

I think this case is very much scraping the barrel really at this point with no new evidence of police press releases.

One thing I did notice on the video of NB sledging that was shared by PA in the documentary was that Willow didn't pay one dot of attention to her as she sledged down the hill- didn't even look over at all and seemed to be easily distracted. Proves the point MOO that can never assign the same behaviour to all dogs or assume how they react to things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on Strava so can see NB's routes and photos. This morning I noticed that in every single picture featuring Willow (there are a fair few) she was wearing her harness, except for one. In that one photo she has just come out of the river and was wet. JMO observations.

from your link
'He said: “I’m talking to the family and obviously have vast experience finding buried bodies.'

with this being web sleuths - and a fact-driven platform - am sure somebody will want to double check that, or a professional journalist will at least pose the question.

WOW!!

MWT heading on site?

He will be posting all of this alongside eating in high end restaurants with his model girlfriend on Instagram
. I do wish he would leave this to the police. MWT is a marketing machine that doesn't solve crimes.

I wonder how many people have actually fallen unexpectedy into water in the middle of winter.

I have. Once I slipped under a canal bridge and I went in up to my waist. Fortunately I had someone else with me and she helped me out. Second time I slipped into a shallow bit of the Thames by myself when getting out of the dinghy and no it wasn't at all easy to get out of the water. I wasn't wearing a long coat and wellies just trousers and ordinary shoes.

You just have to watch the footage of the divers to see how difficult it is in reality to get out of water onto an irregular bank. Combine that with local knowledge and it seems probable the MP would have tried to walk along in the water, against the flow, to get to the beach area where you could just walk out. if you got into difficulties doing this then it could be fatal given how cold the water is.

I hope the fishermen come forward to be ruled out of innocent. I think even just by virtue of being a stranger, you can come across as dodgy. I live in a village of 200 and once found myself 'keeping obs' on someone hanging around the village green simply because I hadn't seen him before and he didn't have a dog with him!
I think the fisherman individuals have been cooked up as a bit of a media storm, if the police wanted to identify them then they would take the same approach as they did with the woman in the red coat. Hopefully a further update will be released later today by LE.

You can't make it up - oh wait you can!

"The ex-detective who investigated Jimmy Savile's crimes and the abduction of Madeleine McCann has been called in to probe Nicola Bulley's disappearance."

from your link
'He said: “I’m talking to the family and obviously have vast experience finding buried bodies.'

with this being web sleuths - and a fact-driven platform - am sure somebody will want to double check that, or a professional journalist will at least pose the question.

How many buried bodies do we imagine there are in the UK per year?

Honestly I give up on the media coverage

"The ex-detective who investigated Jimmy Savile's crimes and the abduction of Madeleine McCann has been called in to probe Nicola Bulley's disappearance."

But when you read the article, you find he was called in by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288