Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an actual video of the camera footage of NB leaving home that day get released? I know selected stills (effectively photos) were, can't seem to find a video but guessing it wasn't released?

Yes I think she may have gone elsewhere (avoiding cctv) - perhaps she didn’t want to be found by family members/friends and didn’t want to do anything in front of her beloved Willow. God it’s so sad. I can attest to having MH problems (if that’s what it is) so it’s quite upsetting if this is what happened. JMO.
It is so very sad but i agree i think NB has gone elsewhere along the river, she would have had a few hours if she had made that decision. IMO

possibly a reporter asked why she'd been categorised as High Risk?? but I'd need to rewind and check that because it's a v important question you ask
From memory I thought she mentioned it during her recap, as a way to explain why Nicola had immediately been classified as a high risk missing person. But it's not as if any reporters were querying why they started looking for her so quickly, so still seems an odd thing to emphasize, especially if they didn't want to invite speculation (personally I assumed the combination of the phone, the abandoned dog and the proximity to the river is why they started searching so quickly - in fact I was surprised when her partner said he had to go back home to speak to the police instead of them joining him at the river, as that seemed to waste a bit of time).

If the witness was the owner of the dog that spooked Willow - indirectly causing NB to stumble and fall into the River - I could imagine them being highly reluctant to call the Police due to their complicity. Even if the call was anonymous.

<modsnip> N could have been in a terrible hurry to get her dog back on the lead.

However, if NB went in the water, then where is she because I think the expert divers and the expert sonar technology guy would have absolutely found her.

Also, if there was some form of conflict or sudden incident, then the person could feel terrible but they would yell for help and ring for emergency services immediately wouldn't they?

Last edited by a moderator:
From memory I thought she mentioned it during her recap, as a way to explain why Nicola had immediately been classified as a high risk missing person. But it's not as if any reporters were querying why they started looking for her so quickly, so still seems an odd thing to emphasize, especially if they didn't want to invite speculation (personally I assumed the combination of the phone, the abandoned dog and the proximity to the river is why they started searching so quickly - in fact I was surprised when her partner said he had to go back home to speak to the police instead of them joining him at the river, as that seemed to waste a bit of time).
Not really. It's not like the entire 3000 police officers at Lancashire PD accompanied him.. only one or two, most likely.

Yes I think she may have gone elsewhere (avoiding cctv) - perhaps she didn’t want to be found by family members/friends and didn’t want to do anything in front of her beloved Willow. God it’s so sad. I can attest to having MH problems (if that’s what it is) so it’s quite upsetting if this is what happened. JMO.
I agree, i had a mental breakdown when I was 27, i very little recollection of that time, thankfully. If you are in such a bad way nothing is rational or logical.

'She would never have left her children/dog' 'She was so happy' these comments make it quite clear how little people understand about mental illness. People do leave their children and their dogs, families and they do take their lives. Which is why suicide is such a tragedy. Imo

IMO if she had planned to take her own life she would have left the dog in the car in the car park around people who knew her at the school and with a window slightly down and would have left it open with the keys in it and would not risk Willow coming to harm alone in a field by a river and a road nearby. At the press conference it was said Willow could have got out of the fence if she wanted. NB would have known that since she has done the walk a lot. MOO

It's hard not to speculate on Nicolas wellbeing after hearing todays presser but i will say this, if the vulnerability was mental illness or possibly suicidal, would friends and family be so adamant that she wouldn't have disappeared by her own choice?
I would assume if she had a known history or current episode of mental illness or depression that the friends and family wouldn't insist that it was out of character? You just need to read their various statements to see this. I'll link one of many.
Nicola Bulley's little girls 'know mummy is missing', friend reveals

Journalists and reporters had ~24hrs to prepare good questions, and those are what they came up with? Give me strength.
Questions I would have asked:

1. Why have you not released the CCTV you have of Nicola? Or can you just confirm for the record that - aside from her own Ring doorbell footage - there is no CCTV of NB on the morning she disappeared?

2. You said there is no evidence of third party involvement or criminality. There is also no evidence of her entering the river, correct? Just to clarify then, what specifically has caused you to speculate that it is more likely she is in the river than chose to leave the area for any number of reasons?

3. I understand that you would not want to reveal specific personal vulnerabilities, but why did you leave it 3 weeks to reveal that NB was high-risk? Wouldn't have doing so increased useful public involvement in those critical early days whilst dampening unhelpful speculuation? Do you regret not releasing this information sooner?

I wonder what the statistics show for the death rate of women in their 40s in the UK who have died suddenly and unexpectedly by suicide compared to how many are murdered by rapist/murderers, murdered during a conflict that escalates to violence, murdered by their partner, murdered by an ex partner, murdered by someone else who know them well (neighbour / colleague / relative).

The biggest indicator of someone dying by suicide in their 40s is whether they have made previous attempts. Most people have made several attempts by the time they 'complete' suicide.

My personal opinion is no way has NB taken her life. If she was 'vulnerable' then it was for other reasons that I have in mind but can't state openly here. JMO MOO

Statistically suicide is more likely than abduction for a misper and therefore affects a risk assessment and other hypotheses but at an individual level it’s meaningless https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov...ssing-persons-unit-data-report-2019-2020/file

We don’t know about NB’s background, circumstances or vulnerability but I trust the investigating team would have some awareness given there are family and friends around.

I believe police knew very clearly what inference was likely to be drawn from the phrase “specific vulnerabilities“. It would have been chosen with great care. IMO they‘re trying to convey that they suspect suicide, while avoiding the use of that word. JMO and I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
They actually used “sensibilities” in the earlier press conference but that aspect was largely ingnored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong