Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I don't live near a tidal area and didn't realize tide times change so much. High tide at 3am on Jan 27, low tide at 3.45am Feb 18. Complete opposite. I had no idea.
What is interesting is that there were some big tides around that time. The highest was on the 24th but the tide on the 27th was also quite high.

I think that's probably why searches were conducted further down the River.

Pretty sure this was discussed in earlier threads. As you say, it's obvious and LE said they searched all old/abandoned buildings along the route. If I remember correctly it had been broken into by a member of the public but it has been searched by the police anyway. I'll try to find the link.
It was searched by public but obviously not the joining tunnel

The only journal that can help this case are the investigative ones. The rest are just amateurs copying and pasting what they've read on social media or in another newspaper.
Not true! Way back to Tom Tullett, Mirror crime reporter in the fifties and sixties, and other popular paper crime men (Brunt was one) especially Sunday paper hacks exposed bent cops, found clues in crimes like armed robbery, vice, extortion and *advertiser censored*, girls lured to dance clubs abroad which were fronts for prostitution. Had the police given the press, TV a steer behind the scenes on Nicola, her probs would have been described simply as her being vulnerable. I wrote this the other day and some replied here that Press would have broken this Code. They wouldn’t. They don’t in kidnaps, where police call all the shots and the press co-operate fully. Crime reporters need to keep in with their police contacts.
Roger Cook, TV crook-finder extraordinary, had been on a Sunday tabloid.

Last edited:
I understood the tide was going out at that time as high tide was 3am?
I believe NB went missing at right around low tide, and the tide was just starting to come back in. I guess it depends how low the low tide was at St. Michael's on Wyre, and how quickly it was coming back in.

The water level monitoring at St. Michael's on Wyre doesn't seem to fluctuate much, so it must be measuring the non-tidal side of the weir.

It was searched by public but obviously not the joining tunnel

The tunnel is only a theory. It doesn't look like anyone has been in but one detail I did notice was there had been a notice (not the misper photo) on the door which was removed. There is also a private sign which to me indicates private. If it had been a levels gauge, which is quite likely, IMO there would be signage such as Environment Agency to indicate the asset owner.

Do you find anything strange about the way that the people who found an unattended dog and a mobile phone next to a river, handled the situation? I seem to be in a minority as most people seem to just skim over it and say that you can’t call out these witnesses on anything. I’m not accusing them of anything, but the delay has given either A: Nicolas body more time to disappear down the river or B: Nicola to get further away from the scene whether by choice or by force.

3 or possibly 4 adults (who I’m assuming have a reasonable level of intelligence between them) were all involved in the finding of Willow/phone next to a river of all places, and it took over an hour for anybody outside of themselves to be alerted. All this ringing about between themselves, and it took over an hour to actually call somebody outside of their circle to have the matter at hand dealt with. It’s bizarre to me.

I’m not exactly sure how many people were involved but from what I can gather, a man and woman found Willow/phone, woman rang man’s wife to tell her, wife tried to ring man to tell him but he was already at the scene. Then someone’s daughter in law was phoned about it?? Am I right? It’s hard trying to make sense of the initial sequence of events after willow was found and I’m basing my thoughts on what I’ve read happened.
Naturally you’d look to find out who the owner was, expecting them to return any minute. I don’t think your first reaction would be to assume the west but your gut instinct would think it odd. For all he knew it could have been Paul walking the dog, easier for a man to pop off for a toilet break and you’d also think a man more likely to be able to look after himself. It’s easy to lose track of time when you’re trying to establish who items and dog belong to. They’re oldies too and not someone like a school mum who’d probably have known facts and made a quicker connection. I would have probably put the dog on its lead but what if that’s missing? We’ve had it reported it was on the bench. So was it not there when the lady tied the dog up? Was it tied to the bench and clipped to harness lending weight to the argument Nicola tied Willow to bench and left phone to make it look accidental or give her time to get away? That’s more odd to me that if the lead was there and if you come across that, you wouldn’t put the dog on the lead and stay there. But I guess with the benefit of hindsight you don’t expect bad things to happen in a village. But it seems to be a rat run village like mine and that’s taking a lot of passing traffic. Everyone in a hurry and fixed on getting from A to B not people casually observing life around them.
Just my thoughts MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member