Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has now indicated that NB was deemed high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of" LE themselves have opened up speculation in regard to personal reasons NB may have disappeared.

Additionally, a reporter has indicated they are aware of what those vulnerabilities are, so we do now know they exist. The fact that LE has specified they exist but is not addressing them further is certainly not going to discourage speculation as to what may have happened. Had they said nothing in that regard, it would be status quo here at WS, but based on their comments, we are opening up discussion of the possibility that NB may have disappeared voluntarily or possibly committed suicide.

Discussion and speculation of what those vulnerabilities may consist of or what they may have resulted in (i.e. voluntarily missing or suicide) is allowed but at all times members must remain respectful and refrain from unnecessary graphic details of what you think may have happened.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to ask and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has now indicated that NB was deemed high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of" LE themselves have opened up speculation in regard to personal reasons NB may have disappeared.

Additionally, a reporter has indicated they are aware of what those vulnerabilities are, so we do now know they exist. The fact that LE has specified they exist but is not addressing them further is certainly not going to discourage speculation as to what may have happened. Had they said nothing in that regard, it would be status quo here at WS, but based on their comments, we are opening up discussion of the possibility that NB may have disappeared voluntarily or possibly committed suicide.

Discussion and speculation of what those vulnerabilities may consist of or what they may have resulted in (i.e. voluntarily missing or suicide) is allowed but at all times members must remain respectful and refrain from unnecessary graphic details of what you think may have happened.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to ask and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
While I was typing ^^ it seems LE was talking ;)

Just adding after the fact that LE has obviously now released that those vulnerabilities are related specifically to alcohol and menopause.

But you folks already know that.

ADMIN NOTE:

There have been far too many rude and personalizing comments we have had to remove from this discussion.

If members don't know how to post civilly, respectfully without making snide and flat-out rude comments toward others members, we can't help you understand.

From now on ZERO TOLERANCE. There will be a minimum 1 day Time Out for rudeness and personalizing.

Still don't think LE had to go to the extent of mentioning the incident or alcohol. Couldn't they have just said been dealing with low mood due to hormonal problems that were age related. The end. Why such detail. The newspapers wouldn't have been allowed to divulge that information even if they were aware of it, unless LE thought whoever did know about it would start talking about it on social media or already had.

Still don't think LE had to go to the extent of mentioning the incident or alcohol. Couldn't they have just said been dealing with low mood due to hormonal problems that were age related. The end. Why such detail. The newspapers wouldn't have been allowed to divulge that information even if they were aware of it, unless LE thought whoever did know about it would start talking about it on social media or already had.
BBM - is that not the same thing?

And the papers would have published under the premise of 'public interest'.

Yes. They, media, wouldn’t have mentioned any of it unless there was, speaking hypothetically, a public interest to a welfare visit or some drink-related incident. Otherwise it would be off-limits to papers, and presumably TV. MWT hinted that he had got the ball rolling with the welfare bit. When police look for, say a missing teenager, they just say vulnerable and it stays that way.

Last edited:

The usefulness of psychics in police investigations is controversial, but psychics have long been and will undoubtedly continue to be involved in unsolved criminal investigations.

This particular 'psychic' would have had a clear view of the partially fallen tree in which the body was entangled as he rounded the bend on Rawcliffe Road near the 'Civil Services Angling Society' sign.

As I remember things, law enforcement was being criticized for being so single minded concerning their theory she drowned and felt the need to explain what they were basing that theory on. They tried to explain it as clearly as possible without giving out exact details of the prior incident at the home and how much the alcohol and hormonal problems entered into the picture. They also could have suspected she was possibly suicidal which wasn't mentioned. Before they divulged this information I was of the opinion they were being too single minded but did change my opinion after their admission. JMO

I wonder how many retired police officers were approached by the media *before* they found those willing to participate.
You know, the ones who replied, "Absolutely not. I am not involved in this investigation. I have none of the information that Lancashire Police are privy to, and it is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE THAT I MAKE COMMENTS, OBSERVATIONS, OR JUDGEMENTS".

Maybe that's why the 'usual suspects' are so readily rolled out.
'Call DI Bloggs - they're always good for a quote'

"Broadcasting regulator Ofcom has said it was "extremely concerned" to hear complaints made about ITV and Sky News by the family of Nicola Bulley.
Ofcom said it had written to both "to ask them to explain their actions"."

This particular 'psychic' would have had a clear view of the partially fallen tree in which the body was entangled as he rounded the bend on Rawcliffe Road near the 'Civil Services Angling Society' sign.
<modsnip >What I would question though, is why a 'psychic' would have a clear view of said tree and the Police and all the other experts did not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, imo….I can breach my own medical records (obesity, bipolar, schizo) but you can’t! McKenzie Crook is doing on behalf of his missing sis in law because she is seriously unwell and missing, I guess.
I see. It's complicated isn't it?

I would say that the police have more legal standing to release that information than the brother in law (or husband or any other family member). The rights are personal (unless there is a POA in place).

I see. It's complicated isn't it?

I would say that the police have more legal standing to release that information than the brother in law (or husband or any other family member). The rights are personal (unless there is a POA in place).
yes, and publishing without permission would be disallowed in UK papers. But anyone can go to papers with their own medical issues thus giving them permission, as Esther Rantzen did last week and as other celebs do.p to raise awareness or give to a charity or just to top up their Botox kitty as a couple I won’t name. That’s why papers aren’t breaching the medical issues under their code of conduct ..cos story was agreed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member