Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the hat, I think you reference the 9.10am witness’s wife statement? The article mentions, the wife was also familiar with Nicola from dog walking, and quoted that she always “looked nice” in her hat and Wellington boots- however the quote is referencing other occasions, not that specific day, although probably unhelpful as can confuse people as to what she wore the day she went missing. (edit typo)
I stand corrected.. Thanks for the clarification. It's after 3am here in Ukraine and I think that's a signal that I need a break. I literally just ranted about attention to detail. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a hypocrite..

Well that link you posted does say there's a difference of 4 meters between high and low tide on the 29th Jan, so 2 days earlier than the day in question
The blue 'Measurement' line is the actual recorded measurement of the river level, which doesn't show that. I'm not sure what you're looking at? I think you might be seeing the 'Typical High' which is how high the river can get during heavy prolonged rainfall. It hasn't reached 4m in the past year.

Sorry trying hard to catch up, but now the police website and MSM are saying Willow was found at the bench? Have we been able to confirm where Willow was actually found?

I’ve jumped and submerged into open water that would likely be significantly warmer than the river would have been and the cold water shock literally took my breath away. Te strength of that immediate reaction really took me by surprise.

In my case it was planned and I was wearing a life vest but I was really taken aback by how immediate and all consuming the reaction was - your body does literally go into shock.

It’s very easy to think that oh the water isn’t that deep, she was a swimmer. But the impact of unexpectedly submerging in water that is only a few degrees C is really significant.

Playing devils advocate - not sure if anyone else has had the same idea, if she was attacked by someone by the bench. An attacker could put her into the river which would transport her away and would explain the dog remaining in that location.

Hopefully with the witnesses they've found and the call timings they might be able to narrow down if there was sufficient time that a potential attack could have occurred.

JMO

It's the 'transport her away' bit that seems to lack evidence as each day passes. The police have been scouring the river looking for any clue such as a shoe or item of clothing and so far have drawn a blank. There appears to be no signs of an attack taking place either.

It's the 'transport her away' bit that seems to lack evidence as each day passes. The police have been scouring the river looking for any clue such as a shoe or item of clothing and so far have drawn a blank. There appears to be no signs of an attack taking place either.
I think regardless of attack or accident, it's still very possible.

This man went missing near a river, he was found 2 months later in it some distance away

An example where it took over a week

A man still not found after 2 weeks

At this moment in time not all things are being considered. They do not suspect 3rd party involvement, or that she has been attacked, abducted or fallen victim to foul play.
Just because the police have said to the public at this stage there is nothing to suggest 3rd party involvement, doesn't mean they are not pursuing this as a line of enquiry. See comments re Sarah Everard. Also there was a statement from the police asking people not to spread rumours or suggest things (paraphrasing) and they also said they understood the public's concern but anything they released had to be factual. So if they are pursuing a line of enquiry re another person it could alert the person, and affect their actions before evidence/sufficient evidence is gathered.
We also just aren't entitled to every detail about a case! It's not our business and must be hard enough for the family.

I think regardless of attack or accident, it's still very possible.

This man went missing near a river, he was found 2 months later in it some distance away

An example where it took over a week

A man still not found after 2 weeks
Every river is different and the factors endemic to every water search are analysed scientifically and they are what determine area to search.
i posted several links yesterday about this.

This is another I just found.
It's from the UK , research conducted by a police diver

Looking at some of the newer pics on the articles, the bank under the bench is SO steep towards the bottom of the river. So if she did fall in, not only would the water temperature have been extremely cold and put her body into shock, but climbing out of there looks really tough even if she was able to swim and grab hold of the bank. There have been reports that the depth is 15-18ft (again, doesn't seem 100% like the rest of info we have) but she could have gotten trapped by something under there too.

Also did the witness at 9:10am see her at the upper field location or they were in that location but saw her from a distance by the bench?

Every river is different and the factors endemic to every water search are analysed scientifically and they are what determine area to search.
i posted several links yesterday about this.

This is another I just found.
It's from the UK , research conducted by a police diver

Yeah, if she is in the river, she's probably going to be submerged by now (although the water will be cold which would help slow decomposition), which is going to make it tougher.

I've no doubt they're going about it correctly, it was more that it's very possible she is in the river - just because she has not been found within a week doesn't exclude that possibility.

I'd be interested to know how far along the river was checked from the bank on the day she went missing.

Yeah, if she is in the river, she's probably going to be submerged by now (although the water will be cold which would help slow decomposition), which is going to make it tougher.

I've no doubt they're going about it correctly, it was more that it's very possible she is in the river - just because she has not been found within a week doesn't exclude that possibility.

I'd be interested to know how far along the river was checked from the bank on the day she went missing.
a mile in one direction and 3 miles in the opposite direction from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members