Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police might have added that speculation can also be distressing for them, since it implies their hypothesis is not being widely accepted.

As far as I can see by the information made public, there is no more evidence to support an accident by drowning than there is anything else. For example it's assumed that NB never left the park area but this is not established. It's assumed that if NB never left the area that she must have fallen in the river but there are other possibilities.

The police might have added that speculation can also be distressing for them, since it implies their hypothesis is not being widely accepted.

As far as I can see by the information made public, there is no more evidence to support an accident by drowning than there is anything else. For example it's assumed that NB never left the park area but this is not established. It's assumed that if NB never left the area that she must have fallen in the river but there are other possibilities.

Agreed

Not disagreeing and value your response - just finding it hard to understand it's as simple and easy as being stated, plus reports and theories have all been difficult to follow this week - wellies weigh a person down, gilet is heavy, gilet is light...where's the wellies anyway? And Fitbit? They'd come off surely?
No don't think they would come off rather fill up with water & weigh you down

Wearing all that clothing it wouldn’t have taken long to go under the water if she couldn’t get any grip onto the riverbank. In sheer panic I doubt she even had chance to shout or scream. I think they will probably find her within the next 48 hours. What part the poor dog played in it we will probably never know.

MOO! Hi I've been lurking because, this lady is the same age as me, her kids are the same age as mine, I'm a similar height and build, and my closest relative lives in Abbeystead. I want to cry everyday.

I understand the working theory of falling in the river, but we do a duck race on a much bigger and faster river than the Wyre every year. The ducks never make it to the end without poking. They sink, they get caught in reeds, they get beached on banks. I am finding it so hard to believe after a week of intense searching (and police, not amateurs looking for ducks) they haven't found ANYTHING. No hair, no shoe, not her car keys or rubbish from her pocket...not even the "ball"? I understand its tidal further down, but there's a weir and at least one island between the spot and the sea, and its not the Thames, its barely waist deep.

I have been watching with increased unease the timeline as well, as others have said, if you found a dog and a phone on a bench by a river, wouldn't you phone 999? It all seems a bit fluid, I'm not saying suspicious at all, I just think I won't be surprised if we find the phone and dog were found *advertiser censored* later than stated.

Finally today they said she was wearing a fitbit, and if I understood rightly the timeline and maps come from the phone details not witnesses. So I am presuming she never left the field according to her data line, as I believe you can reasonably track fitbits? But they are waterproof to like 50m so you can swim with them, so surely they would see her floating down the river?

The whole thing is so very very odd.

This sounds more plausible if she was leaning in, I suppose. But the ball hasn’t been found either - that would float and surely be found in any search, as it’s so brightly coloured! Still though, healthy swimmer close in to the bank - even clothed I just can’t imagine her sinking without trace, though I accept that is likely what has occurred here.
Yes, it doesn't sit right with me either, no sign of a struggle, no evidence of slip marks near the water. And she know the river, walks round it alot, the dog didn't go in the river. And if say the ball did go in, you would wait till after the call to go get it, and you certainly wouldn't just leave your phone there, you would of put it in your pocket, because you wouldn't be expecting to fall in.

MOO! Hi I've been lurking because, this lady is the same age as me, her kids are the same age as mine, I'm a similar height and build, and my closest relative lives in Abbeystead. I want to cry everyday.

I understand the working theory of falling in the river, but we do a duck race on a much bigger and faster river than the Wyre every year. The ducks never make it to the end without poking. They sink, they get caught in reeds, they get beached on banks. I am finding it so hard to believe after a week of intense searching (and police, not amateurs looking for ducks) they haven't found ANYTHING. No hair, no shoe, not her car keys or rubbish from her pocket...not even the "ball"? I understand its tidal further down, but there's a weir and at least one island between the spot and the sea, and its not the Thames, its barely waist deep.

I have been watching with increased unease the timeline as well, as others have said, if you found a dog and a phone on a bench by a river, wouldn't you phone 999? It all seems a bit fluid, I'm not saying suspicious at all, I just think I won't be surprised if we find the phone and dog were found *advertiser censored* later than stated.

Finally today they said she was wearing a fitbit, and if I understood rightly the timeline and maps come from the phone details not witnesses. So I am presuming she never left the field according to her data line, as I believe you can reasonably track fitbits? But they are waterproof to like 50m so you can swim with them, so surely they would see her floating down the river?

Some interesting points, and it is very very sad

Wearing all that clothing it wouldn’t have taken long to go under the water if she couldn’t get any grip onto the riverbank. In sheer panic I doubt she even had chance to shout or scream. I think they will probably find her within the next 48 hours. What part the poor dog played in it we will probably never know.
Yes poor Willow too, lost her master potentially &in complete confusion IMO

Great post because you're thinking critically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member